Cindrella Wishes Upon A Dream *Feb 11 -- Page 15*
Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde
Re: Cindrella Wishes Upon A Dream
This is a beautiful picture and it is going to look great!!!!!

If you are looking for some one to help change you, look in the mirror
- tiffstitch
- Posts: 10025
- Joined: Sat Oct 09, 2010 3:51 pm
- Location: Vermont
- Contact:
Re: Cindrella Wishes Upon A Dream
holy cow there are so many colours!! good for you to figure things out. I gave up on a smaller project because I couldn't figure it out. Too many "1" of many shades of green.
Re: Cindrella Wishes Upon A Dream
I bought the peter pan one,(I blame Paul) (after he posted the Beauty and the Beast post, I googled them ) Will be awhile before I start it but l look forward to seeing yours progress...
Sounds like we are going to have to have a stitch along for Beauty and the Beast lots of interest already and it's not even out
Connie
Sounds like we are going to have to have a stitch along for Beauty and the Beast lots of interest already and it's not even out
Connie
Connie
http://cgirlish.blogspot.com" target="_blank" target="_blank
WIP
Monoply board
HEAD Angel of mine
HEAD SK Treasures
Future Projects
Maryln Monroe pic
World Map
http://cgirlish.blogspot.com" target="_blank" target="_blank
WIP
Monoply board
HEAD Angel of mine
HEAD SK Treasures
Future Projects
Maryln Monroe pic
World Map
- purvislets
- Posts: 382
- Joined: Tue Feb 01, 2011 2:35 am
- Location: Florida
- Contact:
Re: Cindrella Wishes Upon A Dream
Beauty and the Beast has always been one of my all time favorite Disney movies. That painting in particular is so gorgeous and is full of so many details that I think it's instantly appealing to everyone!cgirlish wrote:I bought the peter pan one,(I blame Paul) (after he posted the Beauty and the Beast post, I googled them ) Will be awhile before I start it but l look forward to seeing yours progress...
Sounds like we are going to have to have a stitch along for Beauty and the Beast lots of interest already and it's not even out
Connie
Once it comes out, we should definitely organize a stich along!
~Lauren
My Blog -- http://ambitiousstitches.blogspot.com
WIP:
"Cinderella Wishes Upon a Dream" - Thomas Kinkade Disney Dream collection
(Forum Post HERE)
My Blog -- http://ambitiousstitches.blogspot.com
WIP:
"Cinderella Wishes Upon a Dream" - Thomas Kinkade Disney Dream collection
(Forum Post HERE)
- Ravenfaerie
- Posts: 192
- Joined: Tue Feb 01, 2011 12:40 pm
- Location: Dundee, Scotland
Re: Cindrella Wishes Upon A Dream
I'm totally up for a beauty and the beast SAL when it comes out!!!

WIP
Pirate Queen
Mirabilia Trick or Treat Fairy
Passione Ricamo Morning Fae
Nora Corbett Water Lily Pixie
Winter Is coming....
My Blog - http://stitchystitches.blogspot.com/
Pirate Queen
Mirabilia Trick or Treat Fairy
Passione Ricamo Morning Fae
Nora Corbett Water Lily Pixie
Winter Is coming....
My Blog - http://stitchystitches.blogspot.com/
- megan_bright
- Posts: 836
- Joined: Thu Apr 07, 2011 12:31 am
- Contact:
Re: Cindrella Wishes Upon A Dream
Me too! I'm really excited for the beauty and the beast one!!
WIP:
Dragon Riders HAED
QS Wind Moon HAED
The Ranger HAED
HAED BB SAL Literate Dragon
http://meganbright7.blogspot.com/" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank
Dragon Riders HAED
QS Wind Moon HAED
The Ranger HAED
HAED BB SAL Literate Dragon
http://meganbright7.blogspot.com/" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank
Re: Cindrella Wishes Upon A Dream
Ooo I will join this one. Beauty and The BEast is kinda my husband and my movie. We have a GIANT statue of them we bought on our honeymoon because we watched it on our first date! And I am completely Belle (with my nose stuck in a book)megan_bright wrote:Me too! I'm really excited for the beauty and the beast one!!
WIP:
Mickey and Minnie holding hands
Alphabet
Starry Night w/Tardis
To start
A dalmatian
Parents dog
Minnie Thumper Dumbo
http://pinterest.com/caitiefl/charts-i-want-to-stitch/
Mickey and Minnie holding hands
Alphabet
Starry Night w/Tardis
To start
A dalmatian
Parents dog
Minnie Thumper Dumbo
http://pinterest.com/caitiefl/charts-i-want-to-stitch/
- purvislets
- Posts: 382
- Joined: Tue Feb 01, 2011 2:35 am
- Location: Florida
- Contact:
Re: Cindrella Wishes Upon A Dream
Me too!! When I'm not stitching or chasing after my kids, I'm reading. More than likely, I'd be re-reading something, much like Belle. She was always my favorite Disney princess!caitief wrote:Ooo I will join this one. Beauty and The BEast is kinda my husband and my movie. We have a GIANT statue of them we bought on our honeymoon because we watched it on our first date! And I am completely Belle (with my nose stuck in a book)megan_bright wrote:Me too! I'm really excited for the beauty and the beast one!!
~Lauren
My Blog -- http://ambitiousstitches.blogspot.com
WIP:
"Cinderella Wishes Upon a Dream" - Thomas Kinkade Disney Dream collection
(Forum Post HERE)
My Blog -- http://ambitiousstitches.blogspot.com
WIP:
"Cinderella Wishes Upon a Dream" - Thomas Kinkade Disney Dream collection
(Forum Post HERE)
- purvislets
- Posts: 382
- Joined: Tue Feb 01, 2011 2:35 am
- Location: Florida
- Contact:
Re: Cindrella Wishes Upon A Dream
Oh, the agony of sorting threads continues!!!
I stopped by Joanns today to get more sorting bags (yay!) so that I could finish the other half of the thread. I went through the 2 bundles on Sunday and separated the colors ahead of time to make it easy.
Well, turns out that someone in the packaging department made a boo-boo. I have 3 lengths of a bluish-purple color and 3 lengths of another bluish color that doesn't match it where I should have 6 lengths of Dk. Blue Purple. I'm assuming the first 3 lengths are right, but the second set of 3 doesn't match them nor any other color in the kit. Maybe it's just a different dye lot or something, but they are obviously different even in low light.
I'm going to have to make a note to myself to combine one length from each of the two colors so that it will at least look even in the finished piece.
On the plus side, all the thread is now sorted so I can keep working. Yay!
I stopped by Joanns today to get more sorting bags (yay!) so that I could finish the other half of the thread. I went through the 2 bundles on Sunday and separated the colors ahead of time to make it easy.
Well, turns out that someone in the packaging department made a boo-boo. I have 3 lengths of a bluish-purple color and 3 lengths of another bluish color that doesn't match it where I should have 6 lengths of Dk. Blue Purple. I'm assuming the first 3 lengths are right, but the second set of 3 doesn't match them nor any other color in the kit. Maybe it's just a different dye lot or something, but they are obviously different even in low light.
I'm going to have to make a note to myself to combine one length from each of the two colors so that it will at least look even in the finished piece.
On the plus side, all the thread is now sorted so I can keep working. Yay!
~Lauren
My Blog -- http://ambitiousstitches.blogspot.com
WIP:
"Cinderella Wishes Upon a Dream" - Thomas Kinkade Disney Dream collection
(Forum Post HERE)
My Blog -- http://ambitiousstitches.blogspot.com
WIP:
"Cinderella Wishes Upon a Dream" - Thomas Kinkade Disney Dream collection
(Forum Post HERE)
Re: Cindrella Wishes Upon A Dream
Crikey! When there are that many colours, they should automatically come pre-sorted (imo).
Re: Cindrella Wishes Upon A Dream
oh no what a shame, I don't think I would have the patience to sort through that many colours, thank god mine came pre-sorted on cards, did you get yours as a kit? if so can you not contact them and see if they will exchange the colours
Gillian
W I P
The astronomer HAED - started 13.02.16 (paused)
Wedding Flowers - started 25.04.19
W I P
The astronomer HAED - started 13.02.16 (paused)
Wedding Flowers - started 25.04.19
Re: Cindrella Wishes Upon A Dream
Glad to hear you were able to get them all sorted! Just out of curiousity, how many colors are there? I think I did a Kinkade project several years back that had between 50 & 60.
WIPs: There Be Dragons, Feed My Sheep, Canyon Flight HAED, Lotus Flowers HAED, Christmas Cove
- purvislets
- Posts: 382
- Joined: Tue Feb 01, 2011 2:35 am
- Location: Florida
- Contact:
Re: Cindrella Wishes Upon A Dream
I definitely agree!!kell wrote:Crikey! When there are that many colours, they should automatically come pre-sorted (imo).
I thought about that, but I think I'll just work through it. I think if I blend them together then you won't really be able to tell.gyork wrote:oh no what a shame, I don't think I would have the patience to sort through that many colours, thank god mine came pre-sorted on cards, did you get yours as a kit? if so can you not contact them and see if they will exchange the colours
I just sat down and counted them all.... there are 65 colors and 2 blending filaments!Busy_B wrote:Glad to hear you were able to get them all sorted! Just out of curiousity, how many colors are there? I think I did a Kinkade project several years back that had between 50 & 60.
~Lauren
My Blog -- http://ambitiousstitches.blogspot.com
WIP:
"Cinderella Wishes Upon a Dream" - Thomas Kinkade Disney Dream collection
(Forum Post HERE)
My Blog -- http://ambitiousstitches.blogspot.com
WIP:
"Cinderella Wishes Upon a Dream" - Thomas Kinkade Disney Dream collection
(Forum Post HERE)
Re: Cindrella Wishes Upon A Dream
65 colours oh my god definitely have to wait till geishas are done before I start mine, thought that was bad with 43
Gillian
W I P
The astronomer HAED - started 13.02.16 (paused)
Wedding Flowers - started 25.04.19
W I P
The astronomer HAED - started 13.02.16 (paused)
Wedding Flowers - started 25.04.19
Re: Cindrella Wishes Upon A Dream
cgirlish wrote:I bought the peter pan one,(I blame Paul) (after he posted the Beauty and the Beast post, I googled them ) Will be awhile before I start it but l look forward to seeing yours progress...
Sounds like we are going to have to have a stitch along for Beauty and the Beast lots of interest already and it's not even out
Connie
I'm sorry!!!!
Looks like half the forum will be doing a beauty and beast stitch along
Finished:
Massive Disney design
Freddie mercury (for my mum)
Ocras at play.
Dolphins.
Massive Disney design
Freddie mercury (for my mum)
Ocras at play.
Dolphins.
- megan_bright
- Posts: 836
- Joined: Thu Apr 07, 2011 12:31 am
- Contact:
Re: Cindrella Wishes Upon A Dream
Yeah, the medium cinderella one I'm working on has 53 colors! And you have to go through and figure out which are which and they all sound soooo similar!
ex: very dark yellow green, light yellow grey, medium grey green
Not nice! lol
Props to you for sorting through them all, already!
ex: very dark yellow green, light yellow grey, medium grey green
Not nice! lol
Props to you for sorting through them all, already!
WIP:
Dragon Riders HAED
QS Wind Moon HAED
The Ranger HAED
HAED BB SAL Literate Dragon
http://meganbright7.blogspot.com/" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank
Dragon Riders HAED
QS Wind Moon HAED
The Ranger HAED
HAED BB SAL Literate Dragon
http://meganbright7.blogspot.com/" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank
Re: Cindrella Wishes Upon A Dream
Congrats on your new project. That is bigger then anything I've attempted too!
Great start too!
Great start too!
Re: Cindrella Wishes Upon A Dream
Good luck with this beautiful project.
Looking forward to the next update 
Agi
"The world, as a colourful knot of threads, has turned into a memory, and now you cannot be sure whether it was real." (Géza Ottlik, Hungarian writer)
My blog
"The world, as a colourful knot of threads, has turned into a memory, and now you cannot be sure whether it was real." (Géza Ottlik, Hungarian writer)
My blog
- purvislets
- Posts: 382
- Joined: Tue Feb 01, 2011 2:35 am
- Location: Florida
- Contact:
Re: Cindrella Wishes Upon A Dream
Well, I went back and found ANOTHER color that I had missed, so there are actually 66
Holy cow.
Anyway, I've done some more stitching on this and thought it'd be good to update. I pretty much take pictures after everytime I stop stitching, but to keep this from getting too picture heavy I'll just post when there is significant progress. I do post up almost every pic on my blog though, so you can always check by there to see if anything new has been done!
Here's what I've gotten done since the last time:

I think the next color I'm going to work on will be something other than purple as I'm a bit burnt out on that color already!
Anyway, I've done some more stitching on this and thought it'd be good to update. I pretty much take pictures after everytime I stop stitching, but to keep this from getting too picture heavy I'll just post when there is significant progress. I do post up almost every pic on my blog though, so you can always check by there to see if anything new has been done!
Here's what I've gotten done since the last time:

I think the next color I'm going to work on will be something other than purple as I'm a bit burnt out on that color already!
~Lauren
My Blog -- http://ambitiousstitches.blogspot.com
WIP:
"Cinderella Wishes Upon a Dream" - Thomas Kinkade Disney Dream collection
(Forum Post HERE)
My Blog -- http://ambitiousstitches.blogspot.com
WIP:
"Cinderella Wishes Upon a Dream" - Thomas Kinkade Disney Dream collection
(Forum Post HERE)
Re: Cindrella Wishes Upon A Dream *4/14*
looking good already Lauren, I know what you mean, you get a bit bored of the same colour all the time, great progress 
Gillian
W I P
The astronomer HAED - started 13.02.16 (paused)
Wedding Flowers - started 25.04.19
W I P
The astronomer HAED - started 13.02.16 (paused)
Wedding Flowers - started 25.04.19
