Page 2 of 16
Re: Cindrella Wishes Upon A Dream
Posted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 1:24 am
by Rose
This is a beautiful picture and it is going to look great!!!!!

Re: Cindrella Wishes Upon A Dream
Posted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 3:43 am
by tiffstitch
holy cow there are so many colours!! good for you to figure things out. I gave up on a smaller project because I couldn't figure it out. Too many "1" of many shades of green.
Re: Cindrella Wishes Upon A Dream
Posted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 6:10 am
by cgirlish
I bought the peter pan one,(I blame Paul) (after he posted the Beauty and the Beast post, I googled them ) Will be awhile before I start it but l look forward to seeing yours progress...
Sounds like we are going to have to have a stitch along for Beauty and the Beast lots of interest already and it's not even out
Connie
Re: Cindrella Wishes Upon A Dream
Posted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 5:41 pm
by purvislets
cgirlish wrote:I bought the peter pan one,(I blame Paul) (after he posted the Beauty and the Beast post, I googled them ) Will be awhile before I start it but l look forward to seeing yours progress...
Sounds like we are going to have to have a stitch along for Beauty and the Beast lots of interest already and it's not even out
Connie
Beauty and the Beast has always been one of my all time favorite Disney movies. That painting in particular is so gorgeous and is full of so many details that I think it's instantly appealing to everyone!
Once it comes out, we should definitely organize a stich along!
Re: Cindrella Wishes Upon A Dream
Posted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 5:46 pm
by Ravenfaerie
I'm totally up for a beauty and the beast SAL when it comes out!!!

Re: Cindrella Wishes Upon A Dream
Posted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 9:40 pm
by megan_bright
Me too! I'm really excited for the beauty and the beast one!!
Re: Cindrella Wishes Upon A Dream
Posted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 1:12 am
by caitief
megan_bright wrote:Me too! I'm really excited for the beauty and the beast one!!
Ooo I will join this one. Beauty and The BEast is kinda my husband and my movie. We have a GIANT statue of them we bought on our honeymoon because we watched it on our first date! And I am completely Belle (with my nose stuck in a book)
Re: Cindrella Wishes Upon A Dream
Posted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 1:40 am
by purvislets
caitief wrote:megan_bright wrote:Me too! I'm really excited for the beauty and the beast one!!
Ooo I will join this one. Beauty and The BEast is kinda my husband and my movie. We have a GIANT statue of them we bought on our honeymoon because we watched it on our first date! And I am completely Belle (with my nose stuck in a book)
Me too!! When I'm not stitching or chasing after my kids, I'm reading. More than likely, I'd be re-reading something, much like Belle. She was always my favorite Disney princess!
Re: Cindrella Wishes Upon A Dream
Posted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 4:41 am
by purvislets
Oh, the agony of sorting threads continues!!!
I stopped by Joanns today to get more sorting bags (yay!) so that I could finish the other half of the thread. I went through the 2 bundles on Sunday and separated the colors ahead of time to make it easy.
Well, turns out that someone in the packaging department made a boo-boo. I have 3 lengths of a bluish-purple color and 3 lengths of another bluish color that doesn't match it where I should have 6 lengths of Dk. Blue Purple. I'm assuming the first 3 lengths are right, but the second set of 3 doesn't match them nor any other color in the kit. Maybe it's just a different dye lot or something, but they are obviously different even in low light.
I'm going to have to make a note to myself to combine one length from each of the two colors so that it will at least look even in the finished piece.
On the plus side, all the thread is now sorted so I can keep working. Yay!
Re: Cindrella Wishes Upon A Dream
Posted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:42 am
by kell
Crikey! When there are that many colours, they should automatically come pre-sorted (imo).
Re: Cindrella Wishes Upon A Dream
Posted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:55 am
by gyork
oh no what a shame, I don't think I would have the patience to sort through that many colours, thank god mine came pre-sorted on cards, did you get yours as a kit? if so can you not contact them and see if they will exchange the colours
Re: Cindrella Wishes Upon A Dream
Posted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 12:58 pm
by Busy_B
Glad to hear you were able to get them all sorted! Just out of curiousity, how many colors are there? I think I did a Kinkade project several years back that had between 50 & 60.
Re: Cindrella Wishes Upon A Dream
Posted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 2:41 pm
by purvislets
kell wrote:Crikey! When there are that many colours, they should automatically come pre-sorted (imo).
I definitely agree!!
gyork wrote:oh no what a shame, I don't think I would have the patience to sort through that many colours, thank god mine came pre-sorted on cards, did you get yours as a kit? if so can you not contact them and see if they will exchange the colours
I thought about that, but I think I'll just work through it. I think if I blend them together then you won't really be able to tell.
Busy_B wrote:Glad to hear you were able to get them all sorted! Just out of curiousity, how many colors are there? I think I did a Kinkade project several years back that had between 50 & 60.
I just sat down and counted them all.... there are 65 colors and 2 blending filaments!

Re: Cindrella Wishes Upon A Dream
Posted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 2:47 pm
by gyork
65 colours oh my god definitely have to wait till geishas are done before I start mine, thought that was bad with 43
Re: Cindrella Wishes Upon A Dream
Posted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 6:50 pm
by paul
cgirlish wrote:I bought the peter pan one,(I blame Paul) (after he posted the Beauty and the Beast post, I googled them ) Will be awhile before I start it but l look forward to seeing yours progress...
Sounds like we are going to have to have a stitch along for Beauty and the Beast lots of interest already and it's not even out
Connie
I'm sorry!!!!
Looks like half the forum will be doing a beauty and beast stitch along

Re: Cindrella Wishes Upon A Dream
Posted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 7:09 pm
by megan_bright
Yeah, the medium cinderella one I'm working on has 53 colors! And you have to go through and figure out which are which and they all sound soooo similar!
ex: very dark yellow green, light yellow grey, medium grey green
Not nice! lol
Props to you for sorting through them all, already!
Re: Cindrella Wishes Upon A Dream
Posted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:13 pm
by Imme
Congrats on your new project. That is bigger then anything I've attempted too!
Great start too!
Re: Cindrella Wishes Upon A Dream
Posted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:47 pm
by agi
Good luck with this beautiful project.

Looking forward to the next update

Re: Cindrella Wishes Upon A Dream
Posted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 2:34 pm
by purvislets
Well, I went back and found ANOTHER color that I had missed, so there are actually 66

Holy cow.
Anyway, I've done some more stitching on this and thought it'd be good to update. I pretty much take pictures after everytime I stop stitching, but to keep this from getting too picture heavy I'll just post when there is significant progress. I do post up almost every pic on my blog though, so you can always check by there to see if anything new has been done!
Here's what I've gotten done since the last time:
I think the next color I'm going to work on will be something other than purple as I'm a bit burnt out on that color already!
Re: Cindrella Wishes Upon A Dream *4/14*
Posted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 2:43 pm
by gyork
looking good already Lauren, I know what you mean, you get a bit bored of the same colour all the time, great progress
