Page 2 of 16

Re: My first HAED: Lord of the Rings The Burden

Posted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 8:49 pm
by rcperryls
4 1/2 rows done on page 1 only 95 1/2 more to go :lol:

Re: My first HAED: Lord of the Rings The Burden

Posted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 9:17 pm
by paul
Not a LOTR fan at all. But a very nice design your doing!!!

Can't offer any tips at all with gridding as I do it the old fashioned way. Count! :lol:
Maybe I will give gridding a try though

Re: My first HAED: Lord of the Rings The Burden

Posted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 9:57 pm
by Juel
I love LOTR!! I' so excited to see you work on this one!

As for gridding... I think it's calming... I just count the little crosses and then draw the lines. I once misplaced a line by one cross, but I just corrected it in the next line, that's okay because I only use it as slight orientation. I'm not done gridding my Kreimhild, just 450x250 up to now. I guess I will do the rest in time ;) I guess I will do a few line tonight :)

If you gridd by hand (like me): Don't do everything at once, it will drive you crazy! :lol:

Re: My first HAED: Lord of the Rings The Burden

Posted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:15 pm
by rcperryls
This is my first progress update. I promise not to put in any more until I finish page 1 which will hopefully look exactly like what I have now only 89 more rows of it. My next HAED is going to have lots of color. In fact, I am going to look for one now. :lol: I love this one, but I am going to need a break. I now understand better why some of you rotate projects.
Image

Carole

Re: My first HAED:LOTR The Burden - 7/5/11 update

Posted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:51 pm
by LadyS
It's a start! :applesauce:

Re: My first HAED:LOTR The Burden - 7/5/11 update

Posted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:58 pm
by purvislets
Looking good! With all that black, I'd definitely recommend rotating projects in and out to give your eyes a break. I have two projects in rotation now and work on them for about a week at a time before switching. It's enough time to get some progress and get the stitchy bug bag for the other one.

Re: My first HAED:LOTR The Burden - 7/5/11 update

Posted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 7:07 pm
by Mrs Milkybar Kid
A start is a start! I am definitely pro-rotation! I plan on having four large projects on the go and even stitching a few smalls in between if it gets too much! I'm not going to be strict about it - if I feel like carrying on stitching on a particular piece I will - after all we are supposed to be enjoying our stitching it's not a race (that's what I keep telling myself !).

Re: My first HAED:LOTR The Burden - 7/5/11 update

Posted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 7:51 pm
by Raine
I think one of the beauties of this is you get to do whatever you want when you want, unlike most of the rest of life. So I think rotation is a great idea, if that's what you want. :D

Re: My first HAED:LOTR The Burden - 7/5/11 update

Posted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 8:58 pm
by Serinde
Who's the designer?

Re: My first HAED:LOTR The Burden - 7/5/11 update

Posted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 9:53 pm
by rcperryls
It is designed by Michele Sayetta.
I was just up on the website and of course added two designs to my cart to be downloaded.
I have a mac and don't have Adobe Reader, but "Preview" reads pdf files. Do you know if Preview will read a HAED downloaded pattern? I would think so, but before I do this I wondered. I don't intend on downloading Reader, but figured I would ask if you or anyone else knows.

Both designs are sooooooo cute - cats - and bright colors.

The first is QS Cats http://heavenandearthdesigns.com/index. ... ts_id=2168 and the other is Amulet and Emmaline http://heavenandearthdesigns.com/index. ... ts_id=5483. I think I am addicted.
(and if someone knows how to insert the url where the subject is please tell me. I thought I knew , but I didn't do it right.
Carole
@rotfl:

Re: My first HAED:LOTR The Burden - 7/5/11 update

Posted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 10:08 pm
by mechie
It looks like a pretty good start to me. I know what you mean about the black though and mine only really has it in the one corner. :D Keep plodding along and you'll get there eventually.

mechie

Re: My first HAED:LOTR The Burden - 7/5/11 update

Posted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 10:40 pm
by suleigh
looking good so far, loving the other 2 choices, 2nd 1 very colourful :D

Re: My first HAED:LOTR The Burden - 7/5/11 update

Posted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 11:51 pm
by carladee
ooh that's going to look fab when it's finished!

Re: My first HAED:LOTR The Burden - 7/5/11 update

Posted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 12:12 am
by marniecat
I love the Amulet and Amaline HAED! You'd get lots of little finishes along the way to keep you going!

Re: My first HAED:LOTR The Burden - 7/5/11 update

Posted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 12:20 am
by coffee_freak
:applesauce: :applesauce:

Re: My first HAED:LOTR The Burden - 7/5/11 update

Posted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 9:47 am
by vanessanjf
Great start :applesauce: :applesauce:

Re: My first HAED:LOTR The Burden - 7/5/11 update

Posted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 7:13 pm
by nettie
OMG I love LOTR and I think I might just have to add this to my stash!! You've made a great start on this I'm looking forward to seeing this progress!!!

Re: My first HAED:LOTR The Burden - 7/5/11 update

Posted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 10:23 pm
by Juel
Amazing start!

I'm a mac user, too. Preview is able to cope with Haed, but give it some time, it tends to crash because of all these symbols ;) I always print my patterns /the shipping to Germany is so expensive).

Re: My first HAED:LOTR The Burden - 7/5/11 update

Posted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 11:44 pm
by rcperryls
Juel wrote: I'm a mac user, too. Preview is able to cope with Haed, but give it some time, it tends to crash because of all these symbols ;) I always print my patterns /the shipping to Germany is so expensive).
thank you. I did try with QS Cats since it is a really small pattern and it worked fine. I will remember what you send about the larger ones. I think the new one will be good to rotate in with LOTR especially when I am doing so much black. Working it in 10 x 10 blocks and that is much easier on my eyes. Giving me a chance to learn gridding too. But, the HAED addiction is clearly a serious one. :lol:

Carole
:D

Re: My first HAED:LOTR The Burden - 7/5/11 update

Posted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 1:10 pm
by Carole
It might be a small start, but it is a start :)

Loving the two others you're looking at, especially the second one. That'd be great fun to stitch as each colourful square would be a mini finish of its own. Plus it's so pretty :)