Page 2 of 27

Re: Carole's 2015 WIPs

Posted: Sun Jan 04, 2015 9:17 am
by destructiveernie
Wow that drawn thread work is just fabulous!!!

Love the other projects as well!!!

Re: Carole's 2015 WIPs

Posted: Sun Jan 04, 2015 1:01 pm
by charmagne_capalad
Wow! Soooo pretty! :applesauce: :wub: :applesauce:

Re: Carole's 2015 WIPs

Posted: Sun Jan 04, 2015 2:30 pm
by rcperryls
:applesauce: :applesauce: Beautiful!!!

Carole
:wub:

Re: Carole's 2015 WIPs

Posted: Mon Jan 05, 2015 1:23 am
by Rose
That is beautiful!!!!!!! :applesauce: :applesauce:

Re: Carole's 2015 WIPs

Posted: Mon Jan 05, 2015 1:59 am
by millymolly
Lovely work :applesauce:

Re: Carole's 2015 WIPs

Posted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 5:10 pm
by Carole
I don't yet have an update photo for Precious Dreams, as it just looks like a navy stripe at the moment. Maybe when there are two navy stripes :roll:

I do have an update for Sunken Treasures though. It's only a bit of progress but Band One is complete, apart from the beads, so it has been officially started. I loved stitching this bit and may be neglecting my other WIPs in order to give it a bit more attention.

Image

Re: Carole's 2015 WIPs - UPDATE 9th Jan

Posted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 8:36 pm
by rcperryls
:applesauce: :applesauce: Beautiful! Band 1 is elegant and delicate. Its gonna be hard to put this one away to work on other designs.

Carole
:wub:

Re: Carole's 2015 WIPs - UPDATE 9th Jan

Posted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 8:39 pm
by millymolly
Beautiful work :applesauce:

Re: Carole's 2015 WIPs - UPDATE 9th Jan

Posted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 9:44 pm
by vanessanjf
Beautiful :applesauce: :wub:

Re: Carole's 2015 WIPs - UPDATE 9th Jan

Posted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 11:24 pm
by fccs
Ooooohhhh, pretty!!!!

Re: Carole's 2015 WIPs - UPDATE 9th Jan

Posted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 11:40 pm
by Squirrel
Beautiful stitching on this oh so elegant designed band. I too would be wanting to do another 1 at least. :)

Re: Carole's 2015 WIPs - UPDATE 9th Jan

Posted: Sat Jan 10, 2015 1:07 am
by Rose
Ditto Ditto Ditto what all the others said I say as well!!!!!!! :applesauce: :applesauce: :applesauce:

Re: Carole's 2015 WIPs - UPDATE 9th Jan

Posted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 12:18 pm
by Carole
Precious dreams is not going to plan. I've enjoyed stitching it so far, but I'm not happy with the coverage.

Image

Of course, it's taken me over 2000 stitches to realise this :roll: :oops:

I was hoping it'd look better at a sensible distance, instead of looking through the maglight, but I'm having to concede that I could stand a mile away and it'd still look patchy.

I'm not sure what I'm going to restart it on yet. I'm going to do what I should have to start with, and try a few different fabrics and stitches. I'm a slow learner, apparently :doh:

I'm going to try tent stitch on some 28 count and if that's too tight, I'll send for some 25 count magic guide. I'm also going to have a rummage to see if I've got a bit of Hardanger fabric in my stash and try full crosses on that. I'm not chuffed about having to restart it but better now than deciding I don't like it once it's finished.

Re: Carole's 2015 WIPs - UPDATE 9th Jan

Posted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 12:55 pm
by millymolly
Ah progress was great I think it looks alright but I'm no expert and if it was my own work I wasn't happy with I'd be the same as you! Hope you find a coverage you are happy with.

Re: Carole's 2015 WIPs - UPDATE 9th Jan

Posted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 3:08 pm
by rcperryls
I find that I get the best coverage when stitching either tent stitches 2 over 1 on 28ct or 1 over 1 full crosses on 25 ct. 2 over 1 full crosses on 25 ct is way too bulky for me, especially if there is a lot of confetti. I guess the difference is how tight you stitch, since I have seen HAEDs that follow their instruction and stitch 2 over 1 full crosses on 25 ct. I also don't know enough about fabrics to know if there is a significant difference between jobelan and lugana, for eg. Something I really need to pay more attention to, I'm sure. And it is good you discovered this now, rather than 1/2 through the work. I'll be interested in hearing what you decide on.

Carole
:thinks:

Re: Carole's 2015 WIPs - UPDATE 9th Jan

Posted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 8:29 pm
by Carole
I've been playing with a few combinations this evening and have decided that tent stitch 2 over 1 on 28 count works best. It's still not perfect, but that may be because I did a 10x10 block of the navy on pale grey and it still showed through a tiny bit. I've sent for some medium blue fabric to see how that looks, and hopefully that'll be the best bet.

I really wish I'd done this before I started it, but I've used 18ct before and it was fine. I think the problem is the big block of navy on paler fabric. The instructions do specify navy fabric but there's no way I'm stitching thousands of stitches in navy onto navy. I'd go blind :shock:

Re: Carole's 2015 WIPs - UPDATE 9th Jan

Posted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 5:18 pm
by Mabel Figworthy
Carole wrote:there's no way I'm stitching thousands of stitches in navy onto navy. I'd go blind :shock:
Goodness me, yes, I sympathise - not something most stitchers look forward to :-)

Re: Carole's 2015 WIPs - UPDATE 12th Jan

Posted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 10:59 am
by Carole
I seem to be neglecting my other WIPs a bit and have been cracking on with this one. I've now done band 2, which is the bows, and band 3, which is the half Rhodes stitch.

Image

I may start adding the beads soon as I've bought some invisible thread and know how I'm going to attach them now. Thanks for the YouTube links Amanda :)

The new fabric for Precious Dreams has arrived. I ordered two different shades of blue to make sure one was suitable. Of course, one is too light and one is too dark :shock: :roll:
I shall see if I can stitch on the darker one and if not, I'll try it on the lighter blue. Hopefully one of them will be ok.

Re: Carole's 2015 WIPs - UPDATE 15th Jan

Posted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 12:28 pm
by rcperryls
:applesauce: :applesauce: For the sampler. It is lovely and delicate and elegant. Beautiful stitching.

:x: that one of the new fabrics works out for you.

Carole
:wub:

Re: Carole's 2015 WIPs - UPDATE 15th Jan

Posted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 4:07 pm
by Rose
The bands are super!!!!!!! Beautiful stitching!!!!!! :applesauce: :applesauce: