1st Quilt Square for Son Finished!!!!

Please feel free to join in on our SAL

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde

User avatar
wendywombat
Posts: 13546
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2006 12:03 pm
Location: Scottish Borders

Re: 1st Quilt Square for Son Pic 2-28-15

Post by wendywombat »

:whoop: for 'Me Time' at last!!

Nice quilt pattern Rose....your son will love it!!

Shame a bout the pattern problems though! :doh:
User avatar
rcperryls
Posts: 32992
Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2011 1:36 pm
Location: SC, USA

Re: 1st Quilt Square for Son Pic 2-28-15

Post by rcperryls »

Rose wrote:
rcperryls wrote::applesauce: :applesauce: Looks great!!! And such a good feeling to have finished the first square!

Carole
:dance:

Oh sorry if I made it sound as if the square was finished it is not. This is probably just under 1/2 finished.
Not you, I looked back and realized that I put the "finally" as meaning the square was finally done. It's pretty clear you meant you "finally" got the stitching time you wanted. My mistake. Now I am really looking forward to the second half!

Carole
:dance:
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
User avatar
Tia
Posts: 641
Joined: Fri Mar 06, 2009 2:09 am
Location: West Virginia

Re: 1st Quilt Square for Son Pic 2-28-15

Post by Tia »

Looks great! :applesauce:
User avatar
mouselady
Posts: 436
Joined: Sat Dec 28, 2013 10:49 pm
Location: New York

Re: 1st Quilt Square for Son Pic 2-28-15

Post by mouselady »

Great job! It looks like such a cute pattern!
Desiree

WIP:
Lobo - HAED
Faces of Joan Elliot SAL
Friendly Felines

2016 Finishes:
Joan Elliot Birth Announcement
Flower of the Month - July
12 Days of Christmas
User avatar
19Roland19
Posts: 488
Joined: Mon Jan 19, 2015 5:29 pm

Re: 1st Quilt Square for Son Pic 2-28-15

Post by 19Roland19 »

Very nice.

This is a block for a quilt? How many cross stitch blocks will you do, and what size are they? And what kind of material are you stitching on?

I'm sorry....I have so many questions. I'll stop now. I absolutely love this idea...stitching blocks for a quilt.
Image
User avatar
Tia
Posts: 641
Joined: Fri Mar 06, 2009 2:09 am
Location: West Virginia

Re: 1st Quilt Square for Son Pic 2-28-15

Post by Tia »

Yes, stitching quilt blocks sounds very intriguing.... :thinks:
User avatar
ener23
Posts: 31
Joined: Wed Feb 25, 2015 4:37 pm

Re: 1st Quilt Square for Son Pic 2-28-15

Post by ener23 »

Looking forward to seeing how this quilt comes along :D
Erin

Completed
Little Sports Birth Record
Frog Boquet

WIP
Bless Us, O' Lord
User avatar
Rose
Posts: 34043
Joined: Sun Mar 05, 2006 12:24 am
Location: Gilroy, CA

Re: 1st Quilt Square for Son Pic 2-28-15

Post by Rose »

19Roland19 wrote:Very nice.

This is a block for a quilt? How many cross stitch blocks will you do, and what size are they? And what kind of material are you stitching on?

I'm sorry....I have so many questions. I'll stop now. I absolutely love this idea...stitching blocks for a quilt.
Yes this is the second quilt that I am making the first one I just finished in January 2014 and it was for my daughter. All of her squares were angels and they took me 20 years. They were the Miribelia designs with a couple other random ones thrown in. I did 16 for her. A picture of the angel quilt is in my gallery on page 2

For my son I plan to do 20 squares. They are going to be much different for him. They will have special meaning as I am putting different badges from his career in the military and a couple of random others that have special meaning to him. But along side the meaningful part there will also be a nutcracker on each square. It is sorta hard to explain but once I get the first couple of squares done it will be easier to show you what I mean.

The squares are 18X18, and the material is a very good quality cotton that I will use waste canvas on. I did the same thing for my daughter all her angels were done on waste. I hope to be quicker on this one as I do not have as many distractions as I did when I was stitching my daughters. ie.....raising kids moving 5 times all over the country, school, work, and on and on.
If you are looking for some one to help change you, look in the mirror
User avatar
Tia
Posts: 641
Joined: Fri Mar 06, 2009 2:09 am
Location: West Virginia

Re: 1st Quilt Square for Son Pic 2-28-15

Post by Tia »

Love your angel quilt! :applesauce: Looking forward to seeing your next one.
User avatar
Lulu22
Posts: 2307
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:26 am

Re: 1st Quilt Square for Son Pic 2-28-15

Post by Lulu22 »

Love it! Your son is very lucky to have this made for him :applesauce: Glad you have some more time to stitch too!
WIPS
Snow
Gamer Nouveau
Clara
Meadow
User avatar
Rose
Posts: 34043
Joined: Sun Mar 05, 2006 12:24 am
Location: Gilroy, CA

Re: 1st Quilt Square for Son Pic 3-29-15

Post by Rose »

Progress map almost complete.

Image
If you are looking for some one to help change you, look in the mirror
User avatar
Carole
Posts: 3275
Joined: Sat Dec 01, 2007 10:06 pm
Location: Birmingham
Contact:

Re: 1st Quilt Square for Son Pic 3-29-15

Post by Carole »

That looks brilliant! :applesauce: :)
Current WIPs
Precious Dreams
Crazy cat lady
Previous WIPs
Previous WIPs

User avatar
karen4bells
Posts: 21816
Joined: Sat Jan 30, 2010 3:53 pm
Location: Florida

Re: 1st Quilt Square for Son Pic 3-29-15

Post by karen4bells »

:applesauce: Awesome---can't wait to see the next update on this one!!
Work in Progress
Dimensions Passion Flower Angel
Tempting Tangles Welcome SAL
Various small designs


User avatar
19Roland19
Posts: 488
Joined: Mon Jan 19, 2015 5:29 pm

Re: 1st Quilt Square for Son Pic 3-29-15

Post by 19Roland19 »

Your daughter's quilt is gorgeous.

And the start of your son's looks to be just as wonderful.
Image
User avatar
vanessanjf
Posts: 12944
Joined: Sun Oct 18, 2009 11:43 am
Location: Hertfordshire, UK

Re: 1st Quilt Square for Son Pic 3-29-15

Post by vanessanjf »

Brilliant work :applesauce: :applesauce:
Vanessa

A little progress every day adds up to big results

WIP
The adoration of the kings- Golden kite completed
User avatar
lavenderbee
Posts: 2409
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2014 4:51 pm
Location: North Wales

Re: 1st Quilt Square for Son Pic 3-29-15

Post by lavenderbee »

That's great, well done :applesauce: :D
lavenderbee :-)


stitching is beewitching

Things only become problems if you let them
User avatar
fccs
Posts: 9697
Joined: Mon Apr 15, 2013 12:10 am
Location: Fort Collins, Colorado

Re: 1st Quilt Square for Son Pic 3-29-15

Post by fccs »

It's great, Rose!!!! :applesauce: :applesauce:
Debby

(main) WIPs
Angel of Love
History of Mythical Creatures
Cache la Poudre
Past Present Forever
Innocent Dreams
User avatar
Squirrel
Posts: 16821
Joined: Sun Aug 30, 2009 4:33 am
Location: exChristhcurch NZ, now Brisbane, Australia

Re: 1st Quilt Square for Son Pic 3-29-15

Post by Squirrel »

Looking really great Rose, how many quilt squares are there to do? :D
Sally in Brisbane Australia

WIPS
Christmas Stocking from World of Cross Stitching mag. 262
User avatar
Rose
Posts: 34043
Joined: Sun Mar 05, 2006 12:24 am
Location: Gilroy, CA

Re: 1st Quilt Square for Son Pic 3-29-15

Post by Rose »

This is 1 of 20 squares. :?
If you are looking for some one to help change you, look in the mirror
User avatar
CarrieGF
Posts: 653
Joined: Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:34 am
Location: Wicklow, Ireland

Re: 1st Quilt Square for Son Pic 3-29-15

Post by CarrieGF »

Oh Rose, this is looking lovely (of course I am being biased here but....) I LOVE your Irish :shamrock: :shamrock: :shamrock: :shamrock: :shamrock: :shamrock: :shamrock: map (sorry I could not help sharing that the celtic cross covers both my childhood and current home!)
I think this is a fantastic project to undertake, especially the fact that the squares will have personal significance for your son (lucky chap!)
Smile & the whole world smiles with you
Cry & you cry alone
Post Reply