Page 2 of 4
Re: 1st Quilt Square for Son Pic 2-28-15
Posted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 1:17 pm
by wendywombat

for 'Me Time' at last!!
Nice quilt pattern Rose....your son will love it!!
Shame a bout the pattern problems though!

Re: 1st Quilt Square for Son Pic 2-28-15
Posted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 3:31 pm
by rcperryls
Rose wrote:rcperryls wrote:

Looks great!!! And such a good feeling to have finished the first square!
Carole

Oh sorry if I made it sound as if the square was finished it is not. This is probably just under 1/2 finished.
Not you, I looked back and realized that I put the "finally" as meaning the square was finally done. It's pretty clear you meant you "finally" got the stitching time you wanted. My mistake. Now I am really looking forward to the second half!
Carole

Re: 1st Quilt Square for Son Pic 2-28-15
Posted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 4:06 pm
by Tia
Looks great!

Re: 1st Quilt Square for Son Pic 2-28-15
Posted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 8:04 pm
by mouselady
Great job! It looks like such a cute pattern!
Re: 1st Quilt Square for Son Pic 2-28-15
Posted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 9:39 pm
by 19Roland19
Very nice.
This is a block for a quilt? How many cross stitch blocks will you do, and what size are they? And what kind of material are you stitching on?
I'm sorry....I have so many questions. I'll stop now. I absolutely love this idea...stitching blocks for a quilt.
Re: 1st Quilt Square for Son Pic 2-28-15
Posted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 5:00 am
by Tia
Yes, stitching quilt blocks sounds very intriguing....

Re: 1st Quilt Square for Son Pic 2-28-15
Posted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 9:47 am
by ener23
Looking forward to seeing how this quilt comes along

Re: 1st Quilt Square for Son Pic 2-28-15
Posted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 3:20 pm
by Rose
19Roland19 wrote:Very nice.
This is a block for a quilt? How many cross stitch blocks will you do, and what size are they? And what kind of material are you stitching on?
I'm sorry....I have so many questions. I'll stop now. I absolutely love this idea...stitching blocks for a quilt.
Yes this is the second quilt that I am making the first one I just finished in January 2014 and it was for my daughter. All of her squares were angels and they took me 20 years. They were the Miribelia designs with a couple other random ones thrown in. I did 16 for her. A picture of the angel quilt is in my gallery on page 2
For my son I plan to do 20 squares. They are going to be much different for him. They will have special meaning as I am putting different badges from his career in the military and a couple of random others that have special meaning to him. But along side the meaningful part there will also be a nutcracker on each square. It is sorta hard to explain but once I get the first couple of squares done it will be easier to show you what I mean.
The squares are 18X18, and the material is a very good quality cotton that I will use waste canvas on. I did the same thing for my daughter all her angels were done on waste. I hope to be quicker on this one as I do not have as many distractions as I did when I was stitching my daughters. ie.....raising kids moving 5 times all over the country, school, work, and on and on.
Re: 1st Quilt Square for Son Pic 2-28-15
Posted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 3:43 pm
by Tia
Love your angel quilt!

Looking forward to seeing your next one.
Re: 1st Quilt Square for Son Pic 2-28-15
Posted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 6:08 pm
by Lulu22
Love it! Your son is very lucky to have this made for him

Glad you have some more time to stitch too!
Re: 1st Quilt Square for Son Pic 3-29-15
Posted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 2:11 am
by Rose
Progress map almost complete.

Re: 1st Quilt Square for Son Pic 3-29-15
Posted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:14 am
by Carole
That looks brilliant!

Re: 1st Quilt Square for Son Pic 3-29-15
Posted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 2:54 pm
by karen4bells

Awesome---can't wait to see the next update on this one!!
Re: 1st Quilt Square for Son Pic 3-29-15
Posted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 7:49 pm
by 19Roland19
Your daughter's quilt is gorgeous.
And the start of your son's looks to be just as wonderful.
Re: 1st Quilt Square for Son Pic 3-29-15
Posted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:34 pm
by vanessanjf
Brilliant work

Re: 1st Quilt Square for Son Pic 3-29-15
Posted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 8:49 am
by lavenderbee
That's great, well done

Re: 1st Quilt Square for Son Pic 3-29-15
Posted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 6:06 pm
by fccs
It's great, Rose!!!!

Re: 1st Quilt Square for Son Pic 3-29-15
Posted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 12:08 am
by Squirrel
Looking really great Rose, how many quilt squares are there to do?

Re: 1st Quilt Square for Son Pic 3-29-15
Posted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 12:14 am
by Rose
This is 1 of 20 squares.

Re: 1st Quilt Square for Son Pic 3-29-15
Posted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 12:41 pm
by CarrieGF