Stitchin' With Josie (Updated - Sep 23, 2016)

Please feel free to join in on our SAL

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde

User avatar
Lulu22
Posts: 2307
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:26 am

Re: Stitchin' With Josie (Updated - Dec 14)

Post by Lulu22 »

Great finish very pretty :applesauce: A lovely new start on a beautiful project can't wait to see more :applesauce:
WIPS
Snow
Gamer Nouveau
Clara
Meadow
User avatar
Mabel Figworthy
Posts: 34220
Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2008 4:05 pm
Location: Dunchurch, UK
Contact:

Re: Stitchin' With Josie (Updated - Dec 14)

Post by Mabel Figworthy »

Lovely finish on a lovely saying - and you've picked rather a spectacular new project, haven't you - wow!
Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk
WIPs
RSN Certificate & Online, Henry the Harmless Lion
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits

Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
User avatar
lavenderbee
Posts: 2409
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2014 4:51 pm
Location: North Wales

Re: Stitchin' With Josie (Updated - Dec 14)

Post by lavenderbee »

What a lovely gift you have made for your MIL. She will be delighted with this I am sure. You have made a good start on the little mermaid & look forward to next update. I saw that on a craft website a couple of weeks ago & wondered how it would look when completed. Looks like I am going to find out :applesauce: :D
lavenderbee :-)


stitching is beewitching

Things only become problems if you let them
User avatar
rcperryls
Posts: 32992
Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2011 1:36 pm
Location: SC, USA

Re: Stitchin' With Josie (Updated - Dec 14)

Post by rcperryls »

:applesauce: :applesauce: Lovely finish!! Your MIL is going to adore that gift! And good start on the new project. This is going to be fun to watch.

Carole
:dance:
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
User avatar
salome
Posts: 102
Joined: Fri Nov 06, 2015 4:35 pm
Location: Virginia, USA

Re: Stitchin' With Josie (Updated - Dec 14)

Post by salome »

Thank you everyone! I have to get photos of the framing I did for Christmas gifts (in the hubbub I forgot to take pics) and will post those when I get to them. My mom, aunt, and the MIL were tickled with their presents. And yes, everyone was singing "All You Need Is Love" over Christmas!

Poor Little Mermaid. I took it off my q-snap and re-measured, counted, etc. And realized to my horror that my initial counting had been way off and I'd started at least two inches farther down than I should have. :doh: I spent New Year's Day with the :anotherfrog: and started again yesterday. I'm just grateful that I realized my mistake before I was too far along. Oh well, a lesson learned! Here it is as of now, 290 stitches in:

Image

Saturday I grew tired of the floss card that came with the kit, and didn't want to deal with 70-ish floss bags, so I spent a few hours with scissors, tape, bobbins, and Cary Grant and came up with this:

Image

Left side is the pearl filament, my scissors, and an extra needle minder. Each of the three rows of bobbins are sorted according to the card, with their chart symbol taped onto the bobbin. To the right are tweeding colors, a few extra needles, my ripper, and a needle threader. Not shown: my thread heaven. On the outside of the lid is a small picture of the finished design.

I now understand why people kit their larger designs (HAEDs etc.) this way. So much easier to find the thread I'm looking for! I've already ordered the mega pack of 1,000 bobbins from Amazon, as well as several bobbin boxes of varying sizes.

Happy New Year everyone!

(Edited to fix photo. D'oh.)
stitchhappy18
Posts: 406
Joined: Sun Jan 05, 2014 3:54 pm
Location: California

Re: Stitchin' With Josie (Updated - Jan 3, 2016)

Post by stitchhappy18 »

Sorry you had a visit from the dreaded :anotherfrog:. Your progress looks wonderful. Can't wait to see this one come to life.
Lisa

Current WIPS:
PSS 12 Days of Christmas
FPS Trick or Treat
Mary Hickmott - Barn Owl
Fleur de Lys Tree
FPS National Parks

2016 Finishes

Filigree Heart
Damask Square
Wash & Pray
Finch
Needleworker
Spooked!
User avatar
lavenderbee
Posts: 2409
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2014 4:51 pm
Location: North Wales

Re: Stitchin' With Josie (Updated - Jan 3, 2016)

Post by lavenderbee »

Well done on getting your things organised. :applesauce: :D
lavenderbee :-)


stitching is beewitching

Things only become problems if you let them
User avatar
rcperryls
Posts: 32992
Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2011 1:36 pm
Location: SC, USA

Re: Stitchin' With Josie (Updated - Jan 3, 2016)

Post by rcperryls »

Definitely time for a frog fry!!! I will be more than glad to donate the :ribbit: :anotherfrog: that have been visiting me!

Great restart on your mermaid. :applesauce: :applesauce: I'm so glad you discovered your error before you had stitched a lot more of the chart. Looking forward to watching this progress.

Carole
:dance:
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
User avatar
LadyS
Posts: 4766
Joined: Fri May 06, 2011 7:22 am
Location: LRAFB

Re: Stitchin' With Josie (Updated - Jan 3, 2016)

Post by LadyS »

:ribbit: :anotherfrog: can really get in the way of a relaxing time with our favorite passtime, huh? :tantrum:

It's good you weren't too far into the design before you caught it, though!
Laura (aka lsschwartz on HAED BB)

WIPs
Krystal (HAED)
Middle Earth Map (HAED)
Snowman&Friends Stocking (Dimensions)
12 Days of Christmas SAL
Little One (Dimensions)
User avatar
fccs
Posts: 9698
Joined: Mon Apr 15, 2013 12:10 am
Location: Fort Collins, Colorado

Re: Stitchin' With Josie (Updated - Jan 3, 2016)

Post by fccs »

You've made a great second start on this one, and I really like how you've reorganized things.
Debby

(main) WIPs
Angel of Love
History of Mythical Creatures
Cache la Poudre
Past Present Forever
Innocent Dreams
User avatar
AlwaysGoofy
Posts: 1266
Joined: Sun Aug 09, 2009 4:04 pm
Location: North of Seattle, Washington, USA

Re: Stitchin' With Josie (Updated - Jan 3, 2016)

Post by AlwaysGoofy »

I'm so sorry to hear about your visit from Mr. :anotherfrog: . With that being said, I'm glad you were able to discover your miscount before you had gotten much further. I am really, really, really looking forward to watching this one stitch up. It's a beautiful design.

You've done a spectacular job of organizing your stitching supplies. I'm currently in the middle of reorganizing my office/craft room. I'm happy with things so far, but have a long ways to go.
AlwaysGoofy's Blog with Cross Stitching, Quilting, and My Love of All Things Disney: http://goofinoffaroundtheblock.blogspot.com/
User avatar
Squirrel
Posts: 16821
Joined: Sun Aug 30, 2009 4:33 am
Location: exChristhcurch NZ, now Brisbane, Australia

Re: Stitchin' With Josie (Updated - Jan 3, 2016)

Post by Squirrel »

Do let me know when the :ribbit: fryup is planned for, he visited me too yesterday when doing the SAL.

Josie a lovely update and your restart is a beautiful one. :applesauce: :applesauce: :applesauce:
Sally in Brisbane Australia

WIPS
Christmas Stocking from World of Cross Stitching mag. 262
User avatar
tiffstitch
Posts: 10025
Joined: Sat Oct 09, 2010 3:51 pm
Location: Vermont
Contact:

Re: Stitchin' With Josie (Updated - Jan 3, 2016)

Post by tiffstitch »

Good re-start and nice organization!
User avatar
salome
Posts: 102
Joined: Fri Nov 06, 2015 4:35 pm
Location: Virginia, USA

Re: Stitchin' With Josie (Updated - Jan 3, 2016)

Post by salome »

Closing in on two weeks of work with the Mermaid. I'm taking my time, and this time around the parking technique has been a godsend.

When I made working copies I split the large pages (they're about 11" x 17" I think) in two. Last night I completed the first row, and I'm about halfway through the next row. By row I mean the grids on the pattern - hopefully that makes sense to y'all!

Anyways, here where I am tonight:

Image
User avatar
rcperryls
Posts: 32992
Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2011 1:36 pm
Location: SC, USA

Re: Stitchin' With Josie (Updated - Jan 14, 2016)

Post by rcperryls »

:applesauce: :applesauce: Lovely progress! Looking forward to more updates!

Carole
:dance:
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
User avatar
AlwaysGoofy
Posts: 1266
Joined: Sun Aug 09, 2009 4:04 pm
Location: North of Seattle, Washington, USA

Re: Stitchin' With Josie (Updated - Jan 14, 2016)

Post by AlwaysGoofy »

You're making nice progress on this one. It's so much fun to watch a piece grow.
AlwaysGoofy's Blog with Cross Stitching, Quilting, and My Love of All Things Disney: http://goofinoffaroundtheblock.blogspot.com/
acmpuk
Posts: 3
Joined: Sat Jan 16, 2016 3:52 pm

Re: Stitchin' With Josie (Updated - Jan 14, 2016)

Post by acmpuk »

So lovely colours!
User avatar
AlwaysGoofy
Posts: 1266
Joined: Sun Aug 09, 2009 4:04 pm
Location: North of Seattle, Washington, USA

Re: Stitchin' With Josie (Updated - Jan 14, 2016)

Post by AlwaysGoofy »

Nice progress on this piece. I love the colors. I can't wait to see more updates.
AlwaysGoofy's Blog with Cross Stitching, Quilting, and My Love of All Things Disney: http://goofinoffaroundtheblock.blogspot.com/
User avatar
salome
Posts: 102
Joined: Fri Nov 06, 2015 4:35 pm
Location: Virginia, USA

Re: Stitchin' With Josie (Updated - Jan 14, 2016)

Post by salome »

*blows off dust* Hi y'all! :wave:

So, um, it's been a while. Heh. What have I been up to, you ask? Well: My youngest started Kindergarten, my middle is now in 7th grade, my oldest is taking French and Spanish in his 8th/9th grade homeschool courses, my hubby is still a grump, and I'm still ordered around by cats all day. :lol:

Since May, my stitching has slacked off quite a bit. Insert all the reasons for that here... Blah blah blah I know you all understand. :)

Anyhoo, I have a few new starts, and some updates. For the first 15 days of May, I participated in Stitch MAY-Nia on Facebook - because everyone needs MORE WIPs, right??? - and it was a blast. Since then, my stitchy bug went AWOL for a while but it's now back. Some new starts:

ImageImage
Woof! & Meow! by Lizzie Kate. Stitching on 28ct Evenweave

Image
Thanksgiving Penguins - Designed by Eileen Gurak, from Dec 2015 Just Cross Stitch - Also on 28ct Evenweave

Image
Footprints by Bucilla. As much as I hate backstitching, I've loved seeing the words appear. This is going to be a Christmas gift for my kids' Sunday Schoool teacher. (Provided I can finish it in time...)

Image
Angel of the Morning by Lavender & Lace - Stitching on 32ct Antique White Jobelan.

I. Love. Her!! I had never stitched on jobelan before and ohhh it's so nice!!

And finally, Little Mermaid progress:

Image

Yes, I've moved all around. And yes, I counted fifty times before making the first stitch at the bottom. What can I say... I was sick of blue. lol:

Miss you all! I'll be back soon. :wub:
User avatar
Squirrel
Posts: 16821
Joined: Sun Aug 30, 2009 4:33 am
Location: exChristhcurch NZ, now Brisbane, Australia

Re: Stitchin' With Josie (Updated - Sep 23, 2016)

Post by Squirrel »

What an awesome array of designs and stitching, you certainly have been busy since your stitchy bug returned. :wub: :wub: :wub: those penguins ( or pingwings as one of my boys used to call them) they are gorgeous.
Great to see someone else stitching Angel of the Morning too - hope you are not tired of blue 'cause there is a lot of it to come as well as the purples.

Great to have you back and with such a wonderful array of beautiful stitching. :whoop: :whoop: :whoop: :tizzy:
Sally in Brisbane Australia

WIPS
Christmas Stocking from World of Cross Stitching mag. 262
Post Reply