Carole's WIPs

Please feel free to join in on our SAL

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde

DisneyStitcher
Posts: 292
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2016 11:59 pm

Re: Carole's WIPs

Post by DisneyStitcher »

Love the Latte! Wish I was as industrious as you appear to be on your cat lady start. If you have a Frodo and a Rosie, is it safe to assume the third's name is Sam? :lol:
User avatar
karen4bells
Posts: 21816
Joined: Sat Jan 30, 2010 3:53 pm
Location: Florida

Re: Carole's WIPs

Post by karen4bells »

:applesauce: :applesauce: :applesauce: Absolutely adorable!!
Work in Progress
Dimensions Passion Flower Angel
Tempting Tangles Welcome SAL
Various small designs


User avatar
Squirrel
Posts: 16821
Joined: Sun Aug 30, 2009 4:33 am
Location: exChristhcurch NZ, now Brisbane, Australia

Re: Carole's WIPs

Post by Squirrel »

A great design beautifully stitched Carole and I am certainly looking forward to the next update.
Sally in Brisbane Australia

WIPS
Christmas Stocking from World of Cross Stitching mag. 262
User avatar
daisymay
Posts: 141
Joined: Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:23 pm
Location: Northern Wales

Re: Carole's WIPs

Post by daisymay »

:wub: it. This is lovely, & so neatly stitched. Well done on such a good start & I look forward to seeing it again soon :applesauce: :applesauce:
Daisy :)
User avatar
poppy
Posts: 2145
Joined: Thu Aug 14, 2008 4:26 pm
Location: Surrey

Re: Carole's WIPs

Post by poppy »

This is such a fun design! Good idea to do the backstitch as you go along. :applesauce:
Hélène

Finished: Joan Elliott. Rainbow Fairy
Fit Kit by Peter Underhill
The Choir by Peter Underhill
Angel Of The Morning by Lavender & Lace

Best of Friends by Mabel Lucie Attwell
nannyrainbow

Re: Carole's WIPs

Post by nannyrainbow »

love them both. coffee one is colourful & I just :wub: :wub: the cat lady. god idea to backstitch as you go.
User avatar
Carole
Posts: 3275
Joined: Sat Dec 01, 2007 10:06 pm
Location: Birmingham
Contact:

Re: Carole's WIPs

Post by Carole »

DisneyStitcher wrote:If you have a Frodo and a Rosie, is it safe to assume the third's name is Sam? :lol:
Well spotted and yes. Sam is the little tabby, Frodo is the ginger boy and Rosie is the naughty tortie :D
Current WIPs
Precious Dreams
Crazy cat lady
Previous WIPs
Previous WIPs

User avatar
fccs
Posts: 9697
Joined: Mon Apr 15, 2013 12:10 am
Location: Fort Collins, Colorado

Re: Carole's WIPs

Post by fccs »

I love Crazy Cat Lady! And I would do the same with the backstitch - as I go.
Debby

(main) WIPs
Angel of Love
History of Mythical Creatures
Cache la Poudre
Past Present Forever
Innocent Dreams
User avatar
Mabel Figworthy
Posts: 34208
Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2008 4:05 pm
Location: Dunchurch, UK
Contact:

Re: Carole's WIPs

Post by Mabel Figworthy »

Good idea to do the backstitch as you go - and how effective all those outlines are!
Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk
WIPs
RSN Certificate & Online, Henry the Harmless Lion
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits

Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
User avatar
richardandtracy
Posts: 6157
Joined: Wed May 28, 2014 4:27 pm
Location: Kent, UK
Contact:

Re: Carole's WIPs

Post by richardandtracy »

It's hard to chortle convincingly through the medium of typing.
I'm doing it, so you'll have to imagine it.

Love the cat lady as she's developing.

Regards,

Richard.
Seriously under the paw.
User avatar
Carole
Posts: 3275
Joined: Sat Dec 01, 2007 10:06 pm
Location: Birmingham
Contact:

Re: Carole's WIPs

Post by Carole »

A bit more progress. I finished her hair and did all the backstitch on her face & hair. It took forever :shock:

Image
Current WIPs
Precious Dreams
Crazy cat lady
Previous WIPs
Previous WIPs

User avatar
Serinde
Posts: 19554
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 5:46 pm
Location: Scotland

Re: Carole's WIPs

Post by Serinde »

This gets funnier all the time. All that back stitch is definitely worth it, even if a pain.
User avatar
richardandtracy
Posts: 6157
Joined: Wed May 28, 2014 4:27 pm
Location: Kent, UK
Contact:

Re: Carole's WIPs

Post by richardandtracy »

Just 'Oh Dear'.
It looks great, but I have a horrible feeling my life resembles the result and I'm not entirely comfortable with the idea I'm that bad. I blame it all on the Maine Coons.

Regards,

Richard.
Seriously under the paw.
User avatar
wendywombat
Posts: 13546
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2006 12:03 pm
Location: Scottish Borders

Re: Carole's WIPs

Post by wendywombat »

@rotfl: @rotfl: This gets funnier each time I see it!! :dance:
User avatar
laura-rose
Posts: 38
Joined: Fri Mar 09, 2018 11:25 am

Re: Carole's WIPs

Post by laura-rose »

:wub: it. great work
Laura :)
User avatar
rcperryls
Posts: 32992
Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2011 1:36 pm
Location: SC, USA

Re: Carole's WIPs

Post by rcperryls »

:whoop: :whoop: :whoop:
I absolutely love this!!! I end up with such a big smile when you post your progress pics. I love her hair too. And the kitties on the wall. And the kitties behind the vase. And that sort of smile (that's a perfect, I am slave to feline wishes) on her face. And.....

Carole
:dance:
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
User avatar
Podolyanka
Posts: 1706
Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2017 4:30 pm
Location: Kyiv, Ukraine

Re: Carole's WIPs

Post by Podolyanka »

And each cat looks a personality. I also like this design and how beautifully you stitch it.
Lyudmila
User avatar
vanessanjf
Posts: 12944
Joined: Sun Oct 18, 2009 11:43 am
Location: Hertfordshire, UK

Re: Carole's WIPs

Post by vanessanjf »

Fantastic progress :applesauce: :applesauce: :applesauce:
Vanessa

A little progress every day adds up to big results

WIP
The adoration of the kings- Golden kite completed
User avatar
poppy
Posts: 2145
Joined: Thu Aug 14, 2008 4:26 pm
Location: Surrey

Re: Carole's WIPs

Post by poppy »

I love her hair too. Such a fun, lovely project! :D
Hélène

Finished: Joan Elliott. Rainbow Fairy
Fit Kit by Peter Underhill
The Choir by Peter Underhill
Angel Of The Morning by Lavender & Lace

Best of Friends by Mabel Lucie Attwell
User avatar
Squirrel
Posts: 16821
Joined: Sun Aug 30, 2009 4:33 am
Location: exChristhcurch NZ, now Brisbane, Australia

Re: Carole's WIPs

Post by Squirrel »

Such a cutie and the person's head just adds to it. Well Done.
Sally in Brisbane Australia

WIPS
Christmas Stocking from World of Cross Stitching mag. 262
Post Reply