Good thing I don't stitch with my legs
2019 St Cross Stitchers Hospital
Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex
- Mabel Figworthy
- Posts: 34208
- Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2008 4:05 pm
- Location: Dunchurch, UK
- Contact:
Re: 2019 St Cross Stitchers Hospital
Thanks Richard, I'm sure there won't be; at the moment it's just annoying. I hurt my left foot and my right groin, so taking the strain off one puts it on the other, which is no doubt why it's taking longer than it really ought to.
Good thing I don't stitch with my legs
Good thing I don't stitch with my legs
Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk
WIPs
RSN Certificate & Online, Henry the Harmless Lion
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits
Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
WIPs
RSN Certificate & Online, Henry the Harmless Lion
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits
Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
- wendywombat
- Posts: 13546
- Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2006 12:03 pm
- Location: Scottish Borders
Re: 2019 St Cross Stitchers Hospital
Oww! Much sympathy Richard! We just don't bounce the way we did as children do we! Those muscles will certainly feel sore for a while. Thank goodness you weren't seriously hurt!
I've did the same myself many years back. On my way to work on a country road the bike slid out from under me on black ice. I slid across the road behind the bike seeing sparks and a slight smell of petrol!! As I came to a halt against the grass verge and was examining the hole in my jacket and elbow a car pulled up. Smart business man wound down the window of his equally smart car and inquired "didn't you see the black ice? " Then drove off!!!
I've did the same myself many years back. On my way to work on a country road the bike slid out from under me on black ice. I slid across the road behind the bike seeing sparks and a slight smell of petrol!! As I came to a halt against the grass verge and was examining the hole in my jacket and elbow a car pulled up. Smart business man wound down the window of his equally smart car and inquired "didn't you see the black ice? " Then drove off!!!
- karen4bells
- Posts: 21816
- Joined: Sat Jan 30, 2010 3:53 pm
- Location: Florida
Re: 2019 St Cross Stitchers Hospital
Sending healing hugs to both of you, Richard and Mabel!! Hope you feel much better very soon!!
Work in Progress
Dimensions Passion Flower Angel
Tempting Tangles Welcome SAL
Various small designs
Dimensions Passion Flower Angel
Tempting Tangles Welcome SAL
Various small designs
- luv2craft2
- Posts: 144
- Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2019 1:53 pm
Re: 2019 St Cross Stitchers Hospital
Just spotted this topic. Not read it yet but this forums seems to cater for everyone & everythng.
Whoever is in thee at the moment, get well soon.
Whoever is in thee at the moment, get well soon.
Lynette 
-
mysterystitcher
- Posts: 583
- Joined: Wed Jun 25, 2008 2:13 pm
- Location: Finland
- Contact:
Re: 2019 St Cross Stitchers Hospital
Get well soon, all you patients.
Best: MysteryStitcher
My needlepoint blog: http://mysteriousstitching.blogspot.com
My knitting blog: https://mysteriousknitting.blogspot.com
My needlepoint blog: http://mysteriousstitching.blogspot.com
My knitting blog: https://mysteriousknitting.blogspot.com
Re: 2019 St Cross Stitchers Hospital
Have a date for further scans towards the end of this month, checking for other conditions and complications strongly connected to the brain diagnosis I already have. Presumably an appointment with the neurosurgeon will come some time after that.
-
mysterystitcher
- Posts: 583
- Joined: Wed Jun 25, 2008 2:13 pm
- Location: Finland
- Contact:
Re: 2019 St Cross Stitchers Hospital
All the best to you, Kbaywolf! You may have a rocky road ahead.
Best: MysteryStitcher
My needlepoint blog: http://mysteriousstitching.blogspot.com
My knitting blog: https://mysteriousknitting.blogspot.com
My needlepoint blog: http://mysteriousstitching.blogspot.com
My knitting blog: https://mysteriousknitting.blogspot.com
- Mabel Figworthy
- Posts: 34208
- Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2008 4:05 pm
- Location: Dunchurch, UK
- Contact:
Re: 2019 St Cross Stitchers Hospital
Hope the scans will prove helpful in your further diagnosis/treatment!
Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk
WIPs
RSN Certificate & Online, Henry the Harmless Lion
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits
Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
WIPs
RSN Certificate & Online, Henry the Harmless Lion
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits
Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
Re: 2019 St Cross Stitchers Hospital
Hope that you get the scan results soon and that the outcome of whatever treatment you get is absolutely successful! Whatever support we can provide, is yours!
Carole

Carole
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
Re: 2019 St Cross Stitchers Hospital
Oh my goodness, you certainly have a lot going on.
I hope the scans are helpful and the treatment is a roaring success.
In the meantime, St. Crossstitchers is the most wonderful place to relax, I've reserved the comfiest bed for you, and put a bowl of Crocuses on the table, the window is slightly ajar so the fresh air is bringing the aroma of Spring wafting through the ward.
I hope the scans are helpful and the treatment is a roaring success.
In the meantime, St. Crossstitchers is the most wonderful place to relax, I've reserved the comfiest bed for you, and put a bowl of Crocuses on the table, the window is slightly ajar so the fresh air is bringing the aroma of Spring wafting through the ward.
Re: 2019 St Cross Stitchers Hospital
Thanks. Bit of a nervous time at the moment.
I'll be glad when I know more of where I stand, and what lies ahead.
Torn between the enormity of brain surgery and the fear of having to continue as I am.
I'll be glad when I know more of where I stand, and what lies ahead.
Torn between the enormity of brain surgery and the fear of having to continue as I am.
Re: 2019 St Cross Stitchers Hospital
Perfectly understandable. Do you have anyone neutral you can discuss your concerns with?
Re: 2019 St Cross Stitchers Hospital
Hopefully something will become available once my options are clearer.Serinde wrote:Perfectly understandable. Do you have anyone neutral you can discuss your concerns with?
I just hope that any decisions remain mine to make.
My GP is great, and I'd happily use him as a sounding board - the difficulty is in actually getting an appointment to see him!
Re: 2019 St Cross Stitchers Hospital
We are here for you if you need a chat.kbaywolf wrote:Thanks. Bit of a nervous time at the moment.
I'll be glad when I know more of where I stand, and what lies ahead.
Torn between the enormity of brain surgery and the fear of having to continue as I am.
Hélène
Finished: Joan Elliott. Rainbow Fairy
Fit Kit by Peter Underhill
The Choir by Peter Underhill
Angel Of The Morning by Lavender & Lace
Best of Friends by Mabel Lucie Attwell
Finished: Joan Elliott. Rainbow Fairy
Fit Kit by Peter Underhill
The Choir by Peter Underhill
Angel Of The Morning by Lavender & Lace
Best of Friends by Mabel Lucie Attwell
Re: 2019 St Cross Stitchers Hospital
*Serinde puts the ladder away and cleans the paint brushes.*
Whew! Well, that's St Cross Stitchers redecorated, clean and tidy. Well, you know. Had to do something when we were down!
Now to tackle the garden... that blasted unicorn has made a mess of the delphinium! 
Whew! Well, that's St Cross Stitchers redecorated, clean and tidy. Well, you know. Had to do something when we were down!
- Mabel Figworthy
- Posts: 34208
- Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2008 4:05 pm
- Location: Dunchurch, UK
- Contact:
Re: 2019 St Cross Stitchers Hospital
I hope it wasn't Hengest....
Thanks for the maintenance work, Serinde - I hope we won't need the place too often though!
Thanks for the maintenance work, Serinde - I hope we won't need the place too often though!
Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk
WIPs
RSN Certificate & Online, Henry the Harmless Lion
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits
Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
WIPs
RSN Certificate & Online, Henry the Harmless Lion
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits
Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
-
mysterystitcher
- Posts: 583
- Joined: Wed Jun 25, 2008 2:13 pm
- Location: Finland
- Contact:
Re: 2019 St Cross Stitchers Hospital
Oh R! I'm so sorry about what happened! Now you must take it easy, until you're better.
Best: MysteryStitcher
My needlepoint blog: http://mysteriousstitching.blogspot.com
My knitting blog: https://mysteriousknitting.blogspot.com
My needlepoint blog: http://mysteriousstitching.blogspot.com
My knitting blog: https://mysteriousknitting.blogspot.com
Re: 2019 St Cross Stitchers Hospital
Well, I didn't actually see him, but I expect if it was he was indulging in a bit of proud prancing to show off his lovely new harness. Can't blame him, really, I guess.Mabel Figworthy wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 9:39 am I hope it wasn't Hengest....![]()
Thanks for the maintenance work, Serinde - I hope we won't need the place too often though!
- wendywombat
- Posts: 13546
- Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2006 12:03 pm
- Location: Scottish Borders
Re: 2019 St Cross Stitchers Hospital
You've done a fantastic job in here serinde!!
I fixed that sticking door into the S&G too.
BTW The Ice-maker in the S&G is working again so do pop in for some Cold Drinks!
I fixed that sticking door into the S&G too.
BTW The Ice-maker in the S&G is working again so do pop in for some Cold Drinks!
Re: 2019 St Cross Stitchers Hospital
Aw, thanks, WW. That was next on the list. It's been hotter than (as my old mum used to say) the hinges of hell, even in Scotland!! What you guys must be experiencing is ridiculous. 113F is no joke.