Page 2 of 20
Re: Jo's Stitching 2023
Posted: Sun Jan 22, 2023 4:11 pm
by Mabel Figworthy
Happy to see pretty butterflies anywhere and any time

- and always happy to see this lovely project!
Re: Jo's Stitching 2023
Posted: Sun Jan 22, 2023 5:08 pm
by wendywombat
rcperryls wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 12:50 pm

Better and better with each update! It may be late in the season for the Swallow tail but the colors are perfect for this design. Fits right in!
Carole
Totally agree....it's superb!

Re: Jo's Stitching 2023
Posted: Sat Jan 28, 2023 9:17 am
by Steam.Jo
A bit earlier than normal but I am about to scroll this down so a quick pic while you can see the bottom row:
No backstitching yet

Should I do that before scrolling
Jo
Re: Jo's Stitching 2023
Posted: Sat Jan 28, 2023 12:37 pm
by Nicola Main
It's looking fantastic Jo I love the colours! I would do the backstitch before scrolling but it's up to you! I tend to do it as I go

Re: Jo's Stitching 2023
Posted: Sat Jan 28, 2023 12:49 pm
by rcperryls

Beautiful progress! I also love the colors of this one. Seems to me, like everything else in cross stitching, doing what you are most comfortable with is the way to go. With large projects I tend to backstitch as I go, though my large projects now tend to be HAEDs so there isn't any back stitching. When Teresa Wentzler was my favorite designer, I'm pretty sure I didn't save it for the end. That way, I was less likely to miss a section of back stitching.
Carole

Re: Jo's Stitching 2023
Posted: Mon Jan 30, 2023 9:18 pm
by Garnet
Great update, you are speeding along with this one.
I also do the backstitch as I go, I don't want to keep scrolling up and down so I do it as I go, however I leave French knots til the end as they'd get squashed.
Re: Jo's Stitching 2023
Posted: Mon Jan 30, 2023 10:43 pm
by KittyZ
This is a beautiful design, I also love all the bright colors! You are making great progress on it!
Re: Jo's Stitching 2023
Posted: Tue Jan 31, 2023 1:58 pm
by Roland
This is such a lovely picture, and looks like it’s fun to stitch.
rcperryls wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 12:49 pm
:When Teresa Wentzler was my favorite designer, I'm pretty sure I didn't save it for the end. That way, I was less likely to miss a section of back stitching.
Carole
Funny. I tended to miss some if I did it as I go….or use the wrong colour.
Re: Jo's Stitching 2023
Posted: Wed Feb 01, 2023 11:06 am
by Mabel Figworthy
It's got such life and movement!
Re: Jo's Stitching 2023
Posted: Sun Feb 19, 2023 3:35 pm
by Steam.Jo
I've just finished off the Vincent Motorcycle for my friend:
Just in time because it is part payment for my new car
Jo
Re: Jo's Stitching 2023
Posted: Sun Feb 19, 2023 4:54 pm
by Mabel Figworthy
Wow, that looks great!
Re: Jo's Stitching 2023
Posted: Sun Feb 19, 2023 6:21 pm
by rcperryls

Well done. The detail is fantastic.
Carole

Re: Jo's Stitching 2023
Posted: Sun Feb 19, 2023 11:53 pm
by fccs
The motorcycle is fabulous!!
Re: Jo's Stitching 2023
Posted: Mon Feb 20, 2023 2:15 am
by Roland
Great picture.
Re: Jo's Stitching 2023
Posted: Tue Feb 21, 2023 8:40 am
by Garnet
Gosh, so much detail
Re: Jo's Stitching 2023
Posted: Tue Feb 28, 2023 7:46 am
by Steam.Jo
On Sunday I dropped off the Vincent Cross Stitch to my friend and he gave me his monster Subaru as part exchange. A 360 mile round trip to drop him home again and I am still feeling shattered two days later.
I do feel a bit like the Fall Fairy:
Jo
Re: Jo's Stitching 2023
Posted: Tue Feb 28, 2023 12:39 pm
by rcperryls
Not a short journey but that sounds like your friend was very pleased with his motorcycle cross stitch. Hope you recover quickly from the traveling . Fall Fairy looks beautiful. You are making lovely progress on this one.
Carole

Re: Jo's Stitching 2023
Posted: Tue Feb 28, 2023 7:14 pm
by Garnet
Phew that was a long drive, hope you feel better soon
You've made good progress on your lovely fall fairy.

Re: Jo's Stitching 2023
Posted: Wed Mar 01, 2023 10:00 am
by Nicola Main
Wow she is magnificent!

Re: Jo's Stitching 2023
Posted: Wed Mar 01, 2023 3:11 pm
by fccs
Your fall fairy is just gorgeous!