Page 2 of 2

Re: The Steady Thread Christmas House 2025

Posted: Mon Jun 08, 2026 1:01 pm
by Serinde
Thought you might say that. And you are correct, of course.

My dilemma arises because we have just completed a bunch of decorating -- painting places in the house that, well, really needed some help. This meant moving all sorts of stuff away from allotted places, and hence brought them to my attention again. Plus, I'm going to be using my Younger Son's bedroom as a sort of workspace (I hesitate to say anything so important as 'studio'). And all the UFOs started yelping "me! me!". The weaverly items are especially vociferous. I know if I stop this Christmas piece, it won't see the light of day until October at the earliest. Plus I'll get out of the mindset of the designer if I stop now, which wouldn't be good. I never was a quick stitcher. I've never tried having two pieces running concurrently, so perhaps it's worth a try, especially as they will in all likelihood be very different fibre arts. Weaving upstairs and stitching downstairs with the rugby? Might work. :idea:

Re: The Steady Thread Christmas House 2025

Posted: Wed Sep 09, 2026 7:52 pm
by geekishly
I never got back to it when I got back from Missouri. But I'm planning to pick it up again soon. I've almost got things set up to be able to have my scroll frame stand set up and usable, so hopefully that will make things easier. Joker doesn't like it when I have things in my lap because it means he can't be in my lap.

Re: The Steady Thread Christmas House 2025

Posted: Wed Sep 09, 2026 9:30 pm
by Mabel Figworthy
That has never stopped our particular feline...

Image

Image

Re: The Steady Thread Christmas House 2025

Posted: Fri Sep 11, 2026 3:08 am
by geekishly
Yeah, he does try to get in there, but he's got decidedly less space with mine and he's a big cat.

Re: The Steady Thread Christmas House 2025

Posted: Fri Sep 11, 2026 3:22 pm
by Serinde
I have provisionally decided that this piece is coming North when we go on holiday, so I should (perhaps) get quite a bit finished. Need to rootle around for a bit more red, though. I am enjoying it, when I have a chance to sit down and devote some time to it.