Page 2 of 7

Re: 2026 Stash & Grab Virtual Pub

Posted: Thu Mar 12, 2026 8:23 am
by Serinde
Golly! 508 notifications to delete today! These represent attempts by outside actors to get past the firewalls. Guess I need to be here every day for a bit to make sure to keep the numbers down. Serves me right for going away for a bit, eh?

Re: 2026 Stash & Grab Virtual Pub

Posted: Thu Mar 12, 2026 10:10 am
by Mabel Figworthy
Your time and effort are much appreciated - I wish you could put it into stitching instead!

Re: 2026 Stash & Grab Virtual Pub

Posted: Fri Mar 13, 2026 9:14 am
by Serinde
Me, too -- but that doesn't have anything to do with keeping an eye out here. In fact, I deleted those 508 (and today's 211) with a single click. :lol: What always concerns me more is someone hijacking a member's username -- that's when we get nasty stuff that you all can actually see. Anyway, I will alert Alex and check with him that all the systems are working properly.

Re: 2026 Stash & Grab Virtual Pub

Posted: Fri Mar 13, 2026 11:56 am
by Mabel Figworthy
SuperSerinde :lol: Glad it doesn't take too much of your time.

Re: 2026 Stash & Grab Virtual Pub

Posted: Sat Mar 14, 2026 7:25 am
by Serinde
Index fingers rule, ok! 8)

Re: 2026 Stash & Grab Virtual Pub

Posted: Tue Mar 17, 2026 12:35 pm
by Mabel Figworthy
Happy St Patrick's Day!

Image

Re: 2026 Stash & Grab Virtual Pub

Posted: Tue Mar 17, 2026 1:59 pm
by richardandtracy
!!!!!!!!
So skilled.
So clean & free of cat fur.
A marvel.

Regards,

Richard

Re: 2026 Stash & Grab Virtual Pub

Posted: Tue Mar 17, 2026 4:14 pm
by Mabel Figworthy
richardandtracy wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2026 1:59 pm So clean & free of cat fur.
I am astonished every time again when my RSN assessments come back with full marks for the "no alien fibres" requirement :lol:

Re: 2026 Stash & Grab Virtual Pub

Posted: Wed Mar 18, 2026 8:33 am
by Serinde
Really beautiful, Mabel.

Re: 2026 Stash & Grab Virtual Pub

Posted: Wed Mar 18, 2026 10:04 am
by richardandtracy
Just thinking about 'Alien Fibres'.
Does ET pop in for tea very often?

The other thought is.. Would they classify my gran's hair being used for Henry VII's hair in the picture below, as an "Alien Fibre" these days?
Image
Image

The image was done by my great aunt Minks for her City & Guilds Embroidery (in 1912 if I remember correctly). She used human hair as she couldn't find any silks fine enough in 'hair colour', and her sister was an easily available source.

Regards,

Richard

Re: 2026 Stash & Grab Virtual Pub

Posted: Wed Mar 18, 2026 12:45 pm
by Mabel Figworthy
That is a seriously beautiful piece of work Richard!

Not sure what they think of using of real hair nowadays - it was of course not uncommon in Victorian times. I will admit that I was tempted in the Jacobean module to put in some of Lexi's fur into her crewel wool counterpart :-)

Re: 2026 Stash & Grab Virtual Pub

Posted: Wed Mar 18, 2026 4:05 pm
by richardandtracy
My great Aunt's embroidery is about 14" (400mm) square on a 20" fabric. I think it's simply amazing, always have.

Using Lexi fur would have been fantastic. If you do stumpwork, possibly a little stash of Lexi fur could be used as the padding..
With our long hair Maine Coons, we're getting rather a lot of loose fur coming out <everywhere> for us to felt if we so wish.

Regards,

Richard

Re: 2026 Stash & Grab Virtual Pub

Posted: Thu Mar 19, 2026 7:59 am
by Serinde
Your great aunt was a seriously gifted needlewoman, Richard. The level of C&G stitching was seriously high.

How long is Main Coon fur, on average Richard. Just idly wondering if it can be spun... (not by me, I quickly add).

Re: 2026 Stash & Grab Virtual Pub

Posted: Thu Mar 19, 2026 12:01 pm
by richardandtracy
I'm guessing, as I've not actually applied a ruler to our cat's fur, but the neck ruff averages 3 inches long, tail fan up to 4 inches long maybe a bit longer, and on their flanks usually around 2 inches. However, the cute little bit on top of their noses is down to 1/16". Toby's ear tufts extend nearly an inch from the tip of his ears, and his tufts between his toes are over half an inch.

Ozzie often looks as if his ruff is swallowing his head.

Regards,

Richard

Re: 2026 Stash & Grab Virtual Pub

Posted: Sun Apr 05, 2026 11:59 am
by Serinde
Happy Easter to all.

You will have noticed that there is a surfeit of chocolate eggs and jelly beans. Decided against a "hunt" this year, due to Storm Dave (I mean, who thought that name had any gravitas?). It also saved them from the elephants and the marsupials, the latter like to stash them in their pouches, but don't understand why they melt... These are not "any flavour" jelly beans, by the way. Just the usual sort, although the white ones taste of coconut, so consider yourselves warned.

Re: 2026 Stash & Grab Virtual Pub

Posted: Sun Apr 05, 2026 1:15 pm
by Mabel Figworthy
Not a coconut fan?

A very happy Easter to all!

Re: 2026 Stash & Grab Virtual Pub

Posted: Tue Apr 21, 2026 4:22 pm
by Mabel Figworthy
WE ARE BACK!!!!!! :whoop: :whoop:

After a few days of blank screens I can see the forum again - phew! Favourite beverages all round.

Re: 2026 Stash & Grab Virtual Pub

Posted: Tue Apr 21, 2026 4:29 pm
by Roland
I always think it’s just me.

Re: 2026 Stash & Grab Virtual Pub

Posted: Wed Apr 22, 2026 7:42 am
by Serinde
I was also relieved this morning! And the sun's shining! Win! :lol:

Re: 2026 Stash & Grab Virtual Pub

Posted: Wed Apr 22, 2026 8:02 am
by richardandtracy
Yep,

Really nice to be back.

I was herding cats yesterday. Metaphorically, rather than actually. Part of the testing the 11 'High Up' visitors were at my work to see was outside, so I was very relieved it was dry yesterday (though very overcast). Fortunately the design was approved and we are progressing with it. A positive result. Something for a small sherry to celebrate with, I think.

Regards,

Richard