That's great news Mable. There are a lot of people going down like flies round here with it. And hardly anyone has been called in for their next round of jabs.
Hi Arianwen, One of the more surprising concoctions for a sore throat I found actually worked really well when I had Whooping cough was finely chopped raw onion squished into brown Molasses Sugar. Sadly most over the counter sore throat medicines are little more than a large dose of sugar so you may as well just suck a sweetie (neither worked with the Whooping Cough).
I hope the brain fog goes soon Mabel, took me a week-ish for that, but the worst thing for me is the stamina. I'm close to 4 weeks since picking Covid up, and I still have remarkably little stamina, so don't be surprised if you feel really tired for weeks. I don't have any magic suggestions, but menthol type cough sweets seem to keep me cough free for a couple of hours at a stretch.
Good luck with your symptoms, Arianwen. I hope they dissipate rapidly.
Sounds like you are feeling better, Mabel and so glad you are "negative" (which is a very positive thing to say, even though it is backwards )
Arianwen, it's good to hear from you, but I'm so sorry that its in our Hospital. And sounds like one of the things that seems to be starting up here also. I think things always get worse when the kids go back to school, even if you don't have children or yours are too old for school because they bring it to their parents who eventually give it everyone else. Hope you feel better soon, but until then you certainly have checked in to the best place for recovering.
Carole
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
Mr S and I had our jabs (flu & Covid) on Tuesday (one in each arm), which is good, since one of our friends is undergoing chemo for leukaemia and I'd prefer that Mr S didn't get Covid for the third time, really. (I tested positive once, but was asymptomatic.)
Sorry to hear everyone else has been under the cosh while I've been on hols! Hope most are better or improving now.
The Perfect Covid Suite is available for Roland and Mr Roland. It can be configured, naturally, in any way that suits you at the drop of a thought. The views down the loch are splendid, and the migrating pink-footed geese and swans are lovely to watch.
I also noticed some Hooded Merganser Ducks hanging around. They dive for their food and are so handsome (the males) and fun to watch. Long migration from this side of the big pond but easy to get to our hospital. They spend the winter in the creek behind my house and just arrived yesterday.
(click on the picture to really see how pretty they are.)
Carole
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
Well we escaped the worst of the floods and high winds Scotland has been subjected to....
BUT....
I have now tested positive for COVID
So far both D/H and I have escaped despite being in close contact recently with the dreaded lurgy.
I've taken up the isolation bed in the far corner....the one with the view over the lake.
I feel grim, headachy and cross so forgive me please if I am grumpy. Which I am.
We had a lovely 3 days away in a nice hotel overlooking the River Tummel.
Ah well it is as it is.
Hope you feel better soon, Wendy. I got my booster last week, so hopefully I will be safe from it. But home is the best place to be, except of course, here in SCS Hospital!
Roland, hope that DH has a swift recovery and that the meds you are using now will speed up your recovery as well. I got my penicillin vaccine a few weeks ago. And the flu shot. Waiting on one more for after my next mammogram. And for what ever else they come up with to shoot into my arms.
Carole
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
D/H and I have taken over that corner by the window overlooking the lake for a bit longer!
Have to say, though, that Dr Tiny Cat and the team of Elves have looked after every need. We have been entertained by a Troupe of Red squirrels who have been running around and turning acrobats in the trees, a Unicorn family were seen earlier this morning and D/H feels sure that he saw a kingfisher yesterday.
The mountain Gorillas, though have kept their distance but we keep looking for them.
This is a Nasty Bug and I was quite unprepared to feel So Very Grotty!
One of the people at Tracy's congregation tested positive for 11 days. They were fortunate in not feeling too bad, but they were staggered at how long it stayed around for.
I am so sorry to hear that y'all are still testing positive. As I typed that I thought there is something wrong about positive being bad and negative being good in regards to Covid but then I thought it makes sense that anything that has to do with Covid is backwards. Sending lots of get well wishes and hopes that you and DH feel better soon.
Carole
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
rcperryls wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2023 11:52 am
As I typed that I thought there is something wrong about positive being bad and negative being good in regards to Covid but then I thought it makes sense that anything that has to do with Covid is backwards.
Carole
No kidding, Carole. Here's hoping that our favourite wombat and Mr W feel much better very soon.
We have not been able to completely shake off Covid symptoms. DH has had 2 courses of antibiotics and I’ve had one penicillin.
Then, I fell off a retainer wall and landed full force on my tail bone. First time I’ve been glad to be over weight. Padding may have helped.
I am spending my time laying on my side with an ice pack against the tail bone. Had x-rays done to see if it’s cracked or just bruised. Treatment is the same, difference is how long I’ll be in pain.