Carole
Squirrel's Stitching 2019 Update 14/6/20
Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde
Re: Squirrel's Stitching 2019 Update 30/5/20
Stuffy turned out beautifully despite the difficulties that you had and conquered! I know your son will love it. Looking forward to your next project. One of the very first pieces I ever stitched was the Serenity Prayer with a bluebird. I still look at it every day as it is in my computer room and find that it continues to offer very good advice, especially now.
Carole

Carole
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
- Squirrel
- Posts: 16821
- Joined: Sun Aug 30, 2009 4:33 am
- Location: exChristhcurch NZ, now Brisbane, Australia
Re: Squirrel's Stitching 2019 Update 30/5/20
Well now, I did make a start on the Top-knot bobble on the top of the lighthouse which nearly drove me totally insane. For example - In the space of 9 stitches there were 4 colours, 2 of which were 1 shade away from each other and so it went down the 6 or 7 rows I managed to get done.
Working on 18ct with the constant changing was just becoming too difficult so I have abandoned that for now and sent away for some 16ct in the same lovely sky blue with clouds. I am annoyed with myself as I did wonder at the time of ordering if I should make it 1 of each 18 and 16
I have a strong suspicion it will give the guys down at Sewitall a chuckle or two because they did checkback with me that I wanted 18ct. - one I seldom use these days with my very tired old eyes. My guess is it will be in the post tomorrow morning and then the wait for AusPost to get it up here from southern NSW.
In the meantime I will do at least one small one and possibly 2 whilst waiting. Hey ho now to have a search for which small one/s to do, something silly or some early Christmas things.

Working on 18ct with the constant changing was just becoming too difficult so I have abandoned that for now and sent away for some 16ct in the same lovely sky blue with clouds. I am annoyed with myself as I did wonder at the time of ordering if I should make it 1 of each 18 and 16
I have a strong suspicion it will give the guys down at Sewitall a chuckle or two because they did checkback with me that I wanted 18ct. - one I seldom use these days with my very tired old eyes. My guess is it will be in the post tomorrow morning and then the wait for AusPost to get it up here from southern NSW.
In the meantime I will do at least one small one and possibly 2 whilst waiting. Hey ho now to have a search for which small one/s to do, something silly or some early Christmas things.
Sally in Brisbane Australia
WIPS
Christmas Stocking from World of Cross Stitching mag. 262
WIPS
Christmas Stocking from World of Cross Stitching mag. 262
- Mabel Figworthy
- Posts: 34208
- Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2008 4:05 pm
- Location: Dunchurch, UK
- Contact:
Re: Squirrel's Stitching 2019 Update 14/6/20
Aaargh, the C word - in June! but if that makes a nice small project, well, OK.... 
Good for you deciding to get the 16 count! If it's going to be a struggle the whole project through, where's the enjoyment? And you can pat yourself on the back for keeping Sew-it-All in business
Good for you deciding to get the 16 count! If it's going to be a struggle the whole project through, where's the enjoyment? And you can pat yourself on the back for keeping Sew-it-All in business
Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk
WIPs
RSN Certificate & Online, Henry the Harmless Lion
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits
Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
WIPs
RSN Certificate & Online, Henry the Harmless Lion
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits
Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
- wendywombat
- Posts: 13546
- Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2006 12:03 pm
- Location: Scottish Borders
Re: Squirrel's Stitching 2019 Update 14/6/20
18 count makes my eyeball go screwy! Funny thing is I can manage 32 count evenweave! That took some getting used to...but then it's 2x 16!
Old eyes, eh?
Old eyes, eh?
- Squirrel
- Posts: 16821
- Joined: Sun Aug 30, 2009 4:33 am
- Location: exChristhcurch NZ, now Brisbane, Australia
Re: Squirrel's Stitching 2019 Update 14/6/20
Mabel, it is always good to keep Sewitall in business down in NSW as they are so patient, quick to get things in the mail and have wonderful fabrics.
Wendy I totally agree about old eyes. I should not have pushed myself so hard to finish Stuffy. However I will have a few days on14ct for some small motifs until Aus Post get my package to me.
Thank you both for your encouragement.
Wendy I totally agree about old eyes. I should not have pushed myself so hard to finish Stuffy. However I will have a few days on14ct for some small motifs until Aus Post get my package to me.
Thank you both for your encouragement.
Sally in Brisbane Australia
WIPS
Christmas Stocking from World of Cross Stitching mag. 262
WIPS
Christmas Stocking from World of Cross Stitching mag. 262
Re: Squirrel's Stitching 2019 Update 14/6/20
Every day I am getting to more and more empathize with using larger count fabrics. I'm still doing okay with the 28 ct on my samplers with the magnilight but I might rethink new projects if I ever get around to them.
Carole

Carole
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
- Squirrel
- Posts: 16821
- Joined: Sun Aug 30, 2009 4:33 am
- Location: exChristhcurch NZ, now Brisbane, Australia
Re: Squirrel's Stitching 2019 Update 14/6/20
Age does catch up with all of us sooner or later Carole.
On a bright note, an email in this morning (Tues) from Sewitall - my fabric is on its way!!!! Excellent service always from them. It was ordered on Sunday and posted Monday. Now to wait for AusPost to get it here. Will let you know.
I have sorted out a couple of smalls to tide me over the gap.
On a bright note, an email in this morning (Tues) from Sewitall - my fabric is on its way!!!! Excellent service always from them. It was ordered on Sunday and posted Monday. Now to wait for AusPost to get it here. Will let you know.
I have sorted out a couple of smalls to tide me over the gap.
Sally in Brisbane Australia
WIPS
Christmas Stocking from World of Cross Stitching mag. 262
WIPS
Christmas Stocking from World of Cross Stitching mag. 262
Re: Squirrel's Stitching 2019 Update 14/6/20
Good idea to start a small project, waiting for your fabric Sally. Small finishes are very satisfying. 
Hélène
Finished: Joan Elliott. Rainbow Fairy
Fit Kit by Peter Underhill
The Choir by Peter Underhill
Angel Of The Morning by Lavender & Lace
Best of Friends by Mabel Lucie Attwell
Finished: Joan Elliott. Rainbow Fairy
Fit Kit by Peter Underhill
The Choir by Peter Underhill
Angel Of The Morning by Lavender & Lace
Best of Friends by Mabel Lucie Attwell
Re: Squirrel's Stitching 2019 Update 14/6/20
I agree. I have a couple WIPs on 32 count and after these, I think I’m done with 32. I can still do 28, but it usually requires very good lighting and sometimes a magnifier.rcperryls wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 5:30 pm Every day I am getting to more and more empathize with using larger count fabrics. I'm still doing okay with the 28 ct on my samplers with the magnilight but I might rethink new projects if I ever get around to them.
Carole
![]()
I have several pieces of 32 count fabric that will need homes....
Debby
(main) WIPs
Angel of Love
History of Mythical Creatures
Cache la Poudre
Past Present Forever
Innocent Dreams
(main) WIPs
Angel of Love
History of Mythical Creatures
Cache la Poudre
Past Present Forever
Innocent Dreams