Page 12 of 12

Re: 2023 St Cross Stitchers Hospital

Posted: Mon Nov 20, 2023 9:05 am
by Serinde
Know that feeling. :anotherfrog: The doughnut will help!

Re: 2023 St Cross Stitchers Hospital

Posted: Tue Nov 21, 2023 3:13 am
by rcperryls
I’ve not had that experience (and don’t want to) but it sounds really difficult and am sending lots of wishes that you recover soon. The cushion will certainly help.

Carole
:wub:

Re: 2023 St Cross Stitchers Hospital

Posted: Tue Nov 21, 2023 10:28 am
by richardandtracy
Ow, ow, ow Tailbone is so painful. Hope it stops hurting soon.

Regards,

Richard

Re: 2023 St Cross Stitchers Hospital

Posted: Tue Nov 28, 2023 7:39 pm
by Roland
Not cracked, just bruised. But still very sore.

Re: 2023 St Cross Stitchers Hospital

Posted: Thu Dec 07, 2023 9:36 am
by Mabel Figworthy
Is there room for a poorly pussycat? Poor Lexi must have fallen foul of the neighbourhood bully cat and has a bite wound on her tail. It is shaved and she is wearing the Doughnut of Shame to keep her from licking it. She is therefore not allowed out. Not a happy bunny (or pussycat).

Re: 2023 St Cross Stitchers Hospital

Posted: Thu Dec 07, 2023 11:40 am
by richardandtracy
I'd be surprised if there's not as cats usually share other people's beds & only take up loads of space on that bed...

Poor Lexi.
I fear it's the sort of thing my Avatar cat Albert tried to do while still alive. He was the local bully, I'm ashamed to say.

Regards,

Richard

Re: 2023 St Cross Stitchers Hospital

Posted: Thu Dec 07, 2023 3:36 pm
by Serinde
Poor Lexi.

Re: 2023 St Cross Stitchers Hospital

Posted: Fri Dec 08, 2023 1:46 pm
by rcperryls
Poor Lexi. The only positive I can think of is that it is probably too cold outdoors anyway, though I'm sure that is no compensation. I hope it heals soon.

Rosey is having a dental check up in 2 weeks and hopefully that won't mean any more extractions. Its bee 6 months since we went through the last event.

And a week from today I will have had one day without a cataract. Finally have it scheduled for Thursday, the 14th. And I am sooooo happy. It is amazing to me how much worse my eye has gotten. Evidently, even though the membrane had to be dealt with first (during the past August), it getting fixed allowed the cataract to get even thicker. Which sounds backwards but whatever. No guarantees of course but I am so looking forward to doing something besides puzzles and games on my iPad while watching tv or listening to audiobooks. My fingers are really itching to stitch. Will keep y'all updated. I'm hoping I will be back with much more regularity than I've been these past months. :x: :pray: all goes well.

Carole
:ratherbe:

Re: 2023 St Cross Stitchers Hospital

Posted: Fri Dec 08, 2023 3:23 pm
by Mabel Figworthy
So glad to hear you have a date - looking forward to seeing you bright-eyed and stitching!

Re: 2023 St Cross Stitchers Hospital

Posted: Sat Dec 09, 2023 3:47 am
by Roland
Poor Lexi. Hope her tail heals well and soon.

Carole, hope everything goes well for you next week. How long will you need to wear a patch? (The still do that?)

Re: 2023 St Cross Stitchers Hospital

Posted: Wed Dec 13, 2023 1:32 pm
by rcperryls
The patch I think is only overnight. I go back the next morning for a check. Then I think they give you something to keep over your eye at night, but I'm not sure. Will let you all know when its over. Between this and the physical therapy I'm getting because of a small amount of fluid left over from my lumpectomy resulting in lymphodemia (not a bad case but really don't like dealing with two medical issues at the same time) I am one tired lady.
Emotional tired not physical. But fortunately all manageable.

Carole
:tizzy:

Re: 2023 St Cross Stitchers Hospital

Posted: Wed Dec 13, 2023 4:07 pm
by Mabel Figworthy
Fatigue of any kind is just draining :hug: - hope both issues get sorted out soon!

Re: 2023 St Cross Stitchers Hospital

Posted: Fri Dec 15, 2023 8:06 am
by richardandtracy
Pamper yourself Carole.

Regards,

Richard

Re: 2023 St Cross Stitchers Hospital

Posted: Mon Dec 18, 2023 2:45 pm
by rcperryls
I have been pampering myself. the result is Cataract Surgery is a miracle. The biggest change is that I have to wear reading glasses instead of my progressive (bifocal) glasses and my right eye is no longer blind. It is very strange. I have worn glasses since I was 13 and as I told some friends if I walk around the house without any glasses on it kind of feels naked. Still determine the strength of the reading glasses I need but the world is definitely a clearer one that before.

They removed the lens for the right eye in my previous glasses and I will continue to use it for driving though I don't have to. I hope to get back to stitching soon. My fingers are itching for it.

Carole
:dance:

Re: 2023 St Cross Stitchers Hospital

Posted: Mon Dec 18, 2023 4:39 pm
by Steam.Jo
Great News Carole :D

Jo

Re: 2023 St Cross Stitchers Hospital

Posted: Mon Dec 18, 2023 4:41 pm
by Serinde
That's fabulous news. So good, in fact, that we need a jollification in the newly decorated Stash & Grab. The tree's up!

Re: 2023 St Cross Stitchers Hospital

Posted: Tue Dec 19, 2023 10:53 am
by richardandtracy
Really good news to have at this time of year.

Regards,

Richard.

Re: 2023 St Cross Stitchers Hospital

Posted: Wed Dec 20, 2023 4:17 pm
by Mabel Figworthy
Wonderful news!

Re: 2023 St Cross Stitchers Hospital

Posted: Fri Dec 22, 2023 5:11 pm
by rcperryls
Thank you everyone. I've gotten past the worst part which wasn't bad at all. One drop 3 times a day the first week, then twice for the second week and once a day the third. A plastic cover over the eye at bedtime. Uncomfortable but that's over now.

Carole
:dance: