Carole's 2013 & 2014 WIPs

Please feel free to join in on our SAL

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde

User avatar
Rose
Posts: 34043
Joined: Sun Mar 05, 2006 12:24 am
Location: Gilroy, CA

Re: Carole's 2013 WIPs

Post by Rose »

Well done they look very cute!!!!!! :applesauce: :applesauce:
If you are looking for some one to help change you, look in the mirror
User avatar
Carole
Posts: 3275
Joined: Sat Dec 01, 2007 10:06 pm
Location: Birmingham
Contact:

Re: Carole's 2013 WIPs

Post by Carole »

Thanks :)

I've finished the next page of my Flower Sampler book. I'm loving this to bits.

Image

A couple of closer-up images on the blog
Current WIPs
Precious Dreams
Crazy cat lady
Previous WIPs
Previous WIPs

User avatar
karen4bells
Posts: 21816
Joined: Sat Jan 30, 2010 3:53 pm
Location: Florida

Re: Carole's 2013 WIPs

Post by karen4bells »

This is so elegant, very very pretty!! :wub:
Work in Progress
Dimensions Passion Flower Angel
Tempting Tangles Welcome SAL
Various small designs


User avatar
Rose
Posts: 34043
Joined: Sun Mar 05, 2006 12:24 am
Location: Gilroy, CA

Re: Carole's 2013 WIPs

Post by Rose »

That is really great!!!!!! :applesauce: :applesauce:
If you are looking for some one to help change you, look in the mirror
User avatar
rcperryls
Posts: 32992
Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2011 1:36 pm
Location: SC, USA

Re: Carole's 2013 WIPs

Post by rcperryls »

:applesauce: :applesauce: So lovely. The house is adorable. :applesauce: :applesauce:

Carole
:wub:
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
bookknurd
Posts: 1421
Joined: Fri May 17, 2013 7:06 pm
Location: North Carolina

Re: Carole's 2013 WIPs

Post by bookknurd »

Great work!
**Signature Under Construction**
(will update soon with current WIPs and other info :dance: )
User avatar
Carole
Posts: 3275
Joined: Sat Dec 01, 2007 10:06 pm
Location: Birmingham
Contact:

Re: Carole's 2013 WIPs

Post by Carole »

I've finished part one of the LHN mystery SAL - Song of the Seasons.

Image

It's quite pretty and was fun to stitch once I started concentrating so the :anotherfrog: stayed away :roll:

I'm looking forward to seeing what the next part looks like.
Current WIPs
Precious Dreams
Crazy cat lady
Previous WIPs
Previous WIPs

User avatar
Rose
Posts: 34043
Joined: Sun Mar 05, 2006 12:24 am
Location: Gilroy, CA

Re: Carole's 2013 WIPs

Post by Rose »

Fantastic start!!!!! Lovely colors!!!!!! :applesauce: :applesauce:
If you are looking for some one to help change you, look in the mirror
User avatar
millymolly
Posts: 2703
Joined: Tue May 15, 2012 4:06 pm
Location: Scotland

Re: Carole's 2013 WIPs

Post by millymolly »

oh that lovely :wub:
Amanda =]

WIP
Cloudsfactory Epic Potter & Cut thru Pirate Ship
HAED Mini Awakening Spring Fairy
Shameful UFOs Thread here 3 of 25 finished
User avatar
Raine
Posts: 1855
Joined: Mon Sep 27, 2010 12:52 am
Location: Arizona, USA

Re: Carole's 2013 WIPs

Post by Raine »

I've just had a wonderful time catching up on all of your projects! :wub:
My blog: http://ravelldsleave.blogspot.com/

Finished in 2014 ~
By The Bay Needleart 2012 Mystery SAL
We Love Dogs
Warm Winter Woolens
User avatar
rcperryls
Posts: 32992
Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2011 1:36 pm
Location: SC, USA

Re: Carole's 2013 WIPs

Post by rcperryls »

:applesauce: That is very pretty. Has an old fashioned feel to it. Reminds me of something which I cannot remember, but I like it very much!

Carole
:wub:
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
User avatar
karen4bells
Posts: 21816
Joined: Sat Jan 30, 2010 3:53 pm
Location: Florida

Re: Carole's 2013 WIPs

Post by karen4bells »

:wub: :applesauce: very very pretty!! Can't wait to see your next update
Work in Progress
Dimensions Passion Flower Angel
Tempting Tangles Welcome SAL
Various small designs


User avatar
Oriettait
Posts: 3997
Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:37 am
Location: Italy

Re: Carole's 2013 WIPs

Post by Oriettait »

this is very nice indeed! can't wait for next part :applesauce:
--
Leave nothing on the beach except footprints
:wip:
HAED World Travel Bookshelf
HAED Tree frog
HAED QS Ladybug
HAED Dragon Rip
Instagram @oriettait
User avatar
Squirrel
Posts: 16821
Joined: Sun Aug 30, 2009 4:33 am
Location: exChristhcurch NZ, now Brisbane, Australia

Re: Carole's 2013 WIPs

Post by Squirrel »

:applesauce: :applesauce: That is pretty Carole and very old worlde in design.
It reminds me of a wooden board at the back of a small cabinet my grandmother had beside her bed.

Lovely work. :dance: :dance: .
Sally in Brisbane Australia

WIPS
Christmas Stocking from World of Cross Stitching mag. 262
User avatar
Cecilia
Posts: 6065
Joined: Fri Aug 21, 2009 4:13 pm
Location: England

Re: Carole's 2013 WIPs

Post by Cecilia »

Your stitching is lovely. :wub: :applesauce:
Completed 2017: Anniversary Sampler by The Sweetheart Tree

Love comforteth like sunshine after rain. Shakespeare
User avatar
Carole
Posts: 3275
Joined: Sat Dec 01, 2007 10:06 pm
Location: Birmingham
Contact:

Re: Carole's 2013 WIPs

Post by Carole »

Thank you :)

I've just fished a UFO out of the drawer and am intending to finish it before allowing myself another new start. We'll see how long that resolution lasts :roll:

Last time I worked on this was October 2011 if the date on the photo in Elements is right. It's Tree of Stitches and I put it away 'for a couple of weeks' as I was scared of the French Knots. I couldn't do them then, but I've since got the knack of them.

Image

I'm quite pleased with those :)
Current WIPs
Precious Dreams
Crazy cat lady
Previous WIPs
Previous WIPs

User avatar
TracyG
Posts: 502
Joined: Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:10 am
Location: Elgin, Illinois, U.S.

Re: Carole's 2013 WIPs

Post by TracyG »

I'd say you've mastered those knots!! They're so very uniform - well done!! :applesauce: :applesauce:
WIPs:
Hillside Travelers by LHN
The Library by LHN
Past, Present, and Future by Disney
Balloon Glow by Dimensions Gold
Little Sheep Virtues by LHN
HAED 12 Dancing Princesses
Grandma Twinkles by Janlynn
User avatar
fccs
Posts: 9697
Joined: Mon Apr 15, 2013 12:10 am
Location: Fort Collins, Colorado

Re: Carole's 2013 WIPs

Post by fccs »

Beautiful knots!!! I am impressed! French Knots always give me problems, so I substitute with Colonial Knots. I find them easier to do and a bit sturdier, but that's just me. I don't love doing them, but don't fear them as much as the French ones.
Debby

(main) WIPs
Angel of Love
History of Mythical Creatures
Cache la Poudre
Past Present Forever
Innocent Dreams
User avatar
rcperryls
Posts: 32992
Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2011 1:36 pm
Location: SC, USA

Re: Carole's 2013 WIPs

Post by rcperryls »

:applesauce: :applesauce: Beautiful french knots. I found after doing the knots on Mabel's SotW and seeing the photos on the blog, I think I finally have them down, but not sure I could do as many as you have with such beautiful consistency. I had fun doing that piece (was it really 2 years ago?), and will enjoy your progress on it now.

Carole
:wub:
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
User avatar
Rose
Posts: 34043
Joined: Sun Mar 05, 2006 12:24 am
Location: Gilroy, CA

Re: Carole's 2013 WIPs

Post by Rose »

Fantastic french knots!!!!!!! :applesauce: :applesauce:
If you are looking for some one to help change you, look in the mirror
Post Reply