Page 3 of 5
Re: Maggies Hardanger Projects
Posted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 10:01 pm
by rcperryls

I think you are doing a fantastic job. I love watching these designs develop. Can't wait for your next update. How many patterns/designs do you do in the class?
Carole

Re: Maggies Hardanger Projects
Posted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 10:35 pm
by MaggieM1750
One project per course. But each course is 4-5 weeks so we learn something new each week.
First level project was the navy thread on white fabric. I haven't finished that piece yet- still not sure if I will.
The second level class project is the green thread on white. Each of the bigger squares will be a different filling stitch that we'll learn each week. Otherwise what I've done so far is just a slight variation on what we learned in the first level class. Second level is about the fun stitches- the different filling stitches, adding beads, building on the basics we learned in the first level.
The orange fabric with tan thread is the project I bought after the last class of level one. I don't consider either of my class pieces as a "real" project becuase its not anything I had a say in- well, other than my thread color. While there is nothing wrong with the designs, I wouldn't have picked either one for myself. Thats why I don't really care if I finish the blue project- it's just practice.
Re: Maggies Hardanger Projects
Posted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 11:36 pm
by JA Fan
I think you're doing a super job! The green is very, very pretty. Nice work!

Re: Maggies Hardanger Projects
Posted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 2:57 am
by Rose
Looks amazing!!!!!

Re: Maggies Hardanger Projects
Posted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 3:38 am
by Newfie Princess
You are doing a great job. Learning something new always takes time and patience. I can't get over what wonderful projects you are acomplishing for a beginner. the green is beautiful.
Re: Maggies Hardanger Projects
Posted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 12:32 pm
by Mabel Figworthy
Great work, the green project looks really good -- hope you'll enjoy all the different filling stitches!
Re: Maggies Hardanger Projects
Posted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 7:53 pm
by tiffstitch
I love this one! I think that is Ivy from WDW, I'm using that on another piece. Very pretty and your stitching looks great!
Re: Maggies Hardanger Projects
Posted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 11:01 pm
by MaggieM1750
Well, while waiting for my WDW to come in for my green class project.. I went back to working on my orange piece. (It's Lucky by the way.. hopefully thats a good omen!) My mother dug out her sewing machine to stitch under the rows of satin stitching and edging. To make sure my thread ends were secure, I wove my needle through the last inch or so of fabric- not just run under the threads.
So here's my progress so far.
With my instructor, I am working out what to do in the corner boxes. It's going to need to be some type of surface stitch. I think I need the fabric in the corners to be an anchor for the diagonal hemstitching/ pulled work that will be going in the rectangle areas. I've got a few test boxes- one has a rhodes stitch which I am not so sure about yet but maybe. Shes going to bring me some instructions for other ideas next week.
So far.. the little bit of edging I have done is taking me a looong time. I am trying to keep my knots and tension consistant. And I've got a looong way to go!

Re: Maggies Hardanger Projects
Posted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 11:16 pm
by LadyS
That fabric is lovely! You're doing a great job on this!
Re: Maggies Hardanger Projects
Posted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 1:09 am
by rcperryls

lovely. actually the white on the orange is quite stunning
Carole

Re: Maggies Hardanger Projects
Posted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 4:50 am
by karen4bells
very very pretty! I love the color combination!
Re: Maggies Hardanger Projects
Posted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 12:54 pm
by tiffstitch
It looks gorgeous Maggie!
Re: Maggies Hardanger Projects
Posted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 12:59 pm
by vanessanjf
Beautiful

Re: Maggies Hardanger Projects
Posted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 1:14 pm
by Lessa54
Lovely hardanger work

Re: Maggies Hardanger Projects
Posted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 2:39 pm
by JA Fan
It's coming along beautifully!

Re: Maggies Hardanger Projects
Posted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 4:01 pm
by Rose
Wow, so pretty!!!!!!

Re: Maggies Hardanger Projects
Posted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 4:03 pm
by 3madspaniels
That's looking gorgeous Maggie. I love the colour combination, really eye-catching.
Re: Maggies Hardanger Projects
Posted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 4:50 pm
by Mabel Figworthy
Gorgeous colours! As for the corner boxes, how about a whipped spider's web rose or something like that? You can make that any size and it's lovely and textural if you use a chunky thread for the weaving.
Re: Maggies Hardanger Projects
Posted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 4:52 pm
by mags
Lovely projects

Re: Maggies Hardanger Projects
Posted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 7:28 am
by MaggieM1750
Someone got a new camera.. so its time for an update.
Here's where I am with the orange project.

I still have not decided what I am going to do in the corners.
I've done a few test stitches on various size/ shape rhodes squares. I think I like the diamond shape. I also like one I did that is just layers of over/ under stitches.. cannot remember what the name of it is.
And I am all done with my green class project.
This was level 2.. but my first hardanger project that I have finished.
Overall, its about 8" square
