Page 3 of 9
Re: HAED World Travel Bookshelf - Update 14 September 2014
Posted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 5:32 pm
by rcperryls
Maybe we should host a party in the Stash & Grab to lure stitchy bugs back home. Perhaps they like to eat frogs?? I love this piece and love how well you are stitching it.

Hope your stitchy bug hangs around long enough to remember how much he loved stitching it!
Carole

Re: HAED World Travel Bookshelf - Update 14 September 2014
Posted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 12:37 pm
by destructiveernie
Great that you've finished the page, not great that your stitchy bug is still missing!!!!
Re: HAED World Travel Bookshelf - Update 14 September 2014
Posted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 1:01 pm
by littleturtlegirl
Sorry you lost your stitching bug, this piece is wonderful. Keep up the great work.

Re: HAED World Travel Bookshelf - Update 14 September 2014
Posted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 3:49 pm
by Rose
Re: HAED World Travel Bookshelf - Update 14 September 2014
Posted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 1:29 pm
by Lulu22
Very beautiful

Re: HAED World Travel Bookshelf - Update 14 September 2014
Posted: Sat Sep 20, 2014 1:16 am
by Irina
This design is amazing. I love, love, love it!!!
Re: HAED World Travel Bookshelf - Update 14 September 2014
Posted: Sat Sep 20, 2014 11:55 am
by Bunny85
I hope you get your stitchy bug back, I'd love to see more of your progress

The part you've done so far is really pretty! (Though I've not touched my own HAED in 6 months

)
Re: HAED World Travel Bookshelf - Update 14 September 2014
Posted: Sat Sep 20, 2014 4:10 pm
by fiddler
This is amazing, the colours are beautiful. Hope your stitchy bug comes back soon, maybe he is hanging out with mine. I dont think he likes my dragon.

they come back soon
Re: HAED World Travel Bookshelf - Update 14 September 2014
Posted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 9:33 pm
by NeedleAndFork
That' looking lovely! I'vegot that pattern on my bucket list too..I'd love to stitch it but who knows when it will happen, I'm a one HAED at a time (with other smaller items along the way, but only one BAP at a time) kinda gal, and there are so many large patterns I want to stitch!
As for that 28 count - maybe try stitching 1 over 1 full cross on it sometime? You might find you like that. It's what I do on my HAED, and the coverage is great and it doesn't get too croweded to stitch through. Or, since we know it's big enough for this pattern... you could always swap it with me for something and that way I'll have to stitch along with you! LOL! If I ever get back to my HAED (caught up in christmas stitching and commissioned pieces right now) I shouldn't be more than a few weeks away from completion. It's driving me nuts to be so close but unable to stitch it!
Re: HAED World Travel Bookshelf - Update 14 September 2014
Posted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 8:47 am
by Oriettait
NeedleAndFork wrote:That' looking lovely! I'vegot that pattern on my bucket list too..I'd love to stitch it but who knows when it will happen, I'm a one HAED at a time (with other smaller items along the way, but only one BAP at a time) kinda gal, and there are so many large patterns I want to stitch!
As for that 28 count - maybe try stitching 1 over 1 full cross on it sometime? You might find you like that. It's what I do on my HAED, and the coverage is great and it doesn't get too croweded to stitch through. Or, since we know it's big enough for this pattern... you could always swap it with me for something and that way I'll have to stitch along with you! LOL! If I ever get back to my HAED (caught up in christmas stitching and commissioned pieces right now) I shouldn't be more than a few weeks away from completion. It's driving me nuts to be so close but unable to stitch it!
I actually want to try the one over one but I have a hard time giving up the loop method for starting
Thanks for the offer about a swap but I have plans for that fabric in the future

I hope you will finish the commissioned pieces soon and be able to go back to your project, it is such a good feeling to put the last stitch on a HAED!!
Re: HAED World Travel Bookshelf - Update 14 September 2014
Posted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 6:38 am
by NeedleAndFork
Oriettait wrote:
I actually want to try the one over one but I have a hard time giving up the loop method for starting
Thanks for the offer about a swap but I have plans for that fabric in the future

I hope you will finish the commissioned pieces soon and be able to go back to your project, it is such a good feeling to put the last stitch on a HAED!!
I was mostly joking about the swap.. if you'd wanted to get rid of it since it didn't work out I'd have been open to the idea though. As for loop starts.. what about trying a waste knot? I like it so much that now I use it even when I'm stitching with 2 strands. I don't actually use a knot, but start from the front, several stitches away from where I'll be stitching in a direction that ensures that the threads will get stitched over later, and go down to the back, leave a short tail about 1/2 inch, and start stitching. Then later, I just snip the tails from the front - use a pair of tweezers to pull them tight, and snip close to the fabric. When the tension is released, the tail vanishes to the back under other stitches. Ending is done the same way, so I never have to flip my frame.
Re: HAED World Travel Bookshelf - Update 14 September 2014
Posted: Sat Oct 11, 2014 12:55 am
by Parksfarm
Ooh, that looks beautiful!
Re: HAED World Travel Bookshelf - Update 14 September 2014
Posted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 10:17 am
by Oriettait
well finally about mid October my stitchy bug kicked in! I have finished page 2 and part of page 3 and will now move down to page 15!!

Re: HAED World Travel Bookshelf - Update 10 November 2014
Posted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 10:36 am
by richardandtracy
That is really looking very good. The mix of cross and tent stitches do give is such a sketched look that it's lovely.
Regards,
Richard
Re: HAED World Travel Bookshelf - Update 10 November 2014
Posted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 1:46 pm
by vanessanjf
Brilliant update

Re: HAED World Travel Bookshelf - Update 10 November 2014
Posted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 1:48 pm
by Oriettait
richardandtracy wrote:That is really looking very good. The mix of cross and tent stitches do give is such a sketched look that it's lovely.
Regards,
Richard
Thanks Richard, it is actually all tent stitches, I think what you see is the difference between the darker colors that tent to be tinner and with worst coverage than the lighter one

Re: HAED World Travel Bookshelf - Update 10 November 2014
Posted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 2:23 pm
by richardandtracy
Ahh.
Must admit it looked to me as if the foreground was done with crosses and the background in tent stitches. Looks really good however it's done.
Regards,
Richard.
Re: HAED World Travel Bookshelf - Update 10 November 2014
Posted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 2:42 pm
by rcperryls

Looks fantastic! I'm glad your stitchy bug returned and it looks like he's been keeping you beautifully occupied!
Carole

Re: HAED World Travel Bookshelf - Update 10 November 2014
Posted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 2:51 pm
by karen4bells
Re: HAED World Travel Bookshelf - Update 10 November 2014
Posted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 3:31 pm
by Rose
Lovely update!!!!! Glad you were able to corral your stitching bug!!!!!!
