Page 3 of 3
Re: Serindë's Stitching 2025 17 Nov
Posted: Mon Nov 17, 2025 8:05 am
by Serinde
Well, I've jumped into the SAL at The Steady Thread. I'm going to do the house design, probably for a friend. I really have an itch to stitch after so much weaving! I'm sure I have 28ct white in my stash (and this is one of my sops to myself: using up stash) and I think I'll see what it looks like in 12wt Sulky black. I have lots of black thread, but using only one strand for the main design should make it so much simpler. I hope.
But in the meantime, here is the Leaping Lord from Corrine Lapierre's "12 Days of Christmas", begun... a while ago.

Re: Serindë's Stitching 2025 17 Nov
Posted: Mon Nov 17, 2025 10:33 am
by Mabel Figworthy
Is he alone

?
looking forward to how the 12wt sulky works out!
Re: Serindë's Stitching 2025 17 Nov
Posted: Mon Nov 17, 2025 12:35 pm
by Serinde
Oh, yes. Definitely a solo Leaping Lord. A representative, if you like, of the Leaping Lord brotherhood of ten. And let me tell you, he was fiddly enough for ten!
Re: Serindë's Stitching 2025 17 Nov
Posted: Tue Nov 18, 2025 2:20 am
by geekishly
He’s very cute!
I’m excited to be working on the same SAL as you. It’ll be fun!
Re: Serindë's Stitching 2025 17 Nov
Posted: Tue Nov 18, 2025 4:56 pm
by Serinde
Yes it will! I have several ideas to jazz up the border snowflakes if I have time...

Re: Serindë's Stitching 2025 19 Nov
Posted: Thu Nov 20, 2025 12:37 am
by Roland
Your leaping lord is so cute.
Re: Serindë's Stitching 2025 19 Nov
Posted: Thu Nov 27, 2025 9:16 am
by Serinde
I ordered the wrong thread!! Argh! I know (know!) I must have D3852 here SOMEWHERE. How am I so sure? Because I've stitched two other of these lovely Faby Reily humbugs, and I started with a full reel, that's how I know. Can I find it? I cannot. It isn't in the box I keep metallic threads. I have searched the box under the bed where all the stitching stuff is (since Elder Son commandeered the chest of drawers it all lived in previously). I have gone through my embarrassingly large number of UFOs. Nothing. So I ordered it along with a few other threads... only to have ordered Grande instead of the regular Diamante. Too much of a hurry clearly (or I'm losing it, which isn't out of the question). Next step is to see if I have a gold Kreinik 4 cord in a close shade to finish the design. (At which point, of course, I will find what I'm looking for.)

Re: Serindë's Stitching 2025 27 Nov
Posted: Thu Nov 27, 2025 3:51 pm
by Mabel Figworthy
Could any other metallic be substituted? Personally I favour Petite Treasure Braid, or Kreinik's #4.
Re: Serindë's Stitching 2025 27 Nov
Posted: Sat Dec 13, 2025 8:09 am
by Serinde
Yes, indeed. I dug out my PTB, and it worked fine. I'm hoping to do the last in the series, and I might use gold and silver or copper for the lettering and the PTB for all the swirly bits and stars. This is going off today as a "secret Santa" at the weaver's guild meeting. It could just about be a pin cushion...

Re: Serindë's Stitching 2025 14 Dec
Posted: Sun Dec 14, 2025 8:03 am
by Serinde
Here are a few things I've actually managed to finish (!) this year.
First, "Assembly Required" only is missing its little brass plaque.
Second, "Sweet Treats". I did all six, but have given two away as little Christmas presents.
Third, is a lovely Mabel Figworthy design. One of my sisters was lamenting she never received any hand-stitched cards from me. Seeing as she's (a) 81 and (b) correct, I decided this was the perfect one to do. It's been a long time since I've done hardanger, and it shows, but I do hope she'll be happy with it.

Re: Serindë's Stitching 2025 14 Dec
Posted: Sun Dec 14, 2025 2:03 pm
by Mabel Figworthy
How lovely to see Frosty Pine used in such a good cause
I do love your little pyramid pincushion, it's so pretty - and the frame really sets off your skeleton!
Re: Serindë's Stitching 2025 14 Dec
Posted: Thu Dec 18, 2025 8:22 pm
by geekishly
All so lovely. I'm very fond of the Assembly Required!
Re: Serindë's Stitching 2025 21 Dec
Posted: Sun Dec 21, 2025 2:59 pm
by Serinde
And here's the Piper doing his thing. Only the drummer (actually, the drum) left to do! (Just don't look too closely. Bit of a rushed job.)

Re: Serindë's Stitching 2025 25 Dec
Posted: Thu Dec 25, 2025 9:59 am
by Serinde
And finally, the Drum for the drummers drumming. And a finish!

Re: Serindë's Stitching 2025 25 Dec
Posted: Thu Dec 25, 2025 7:40 pm
by Mabel Figworthy
Very festive!
Re: Serindë's Stitching 2025 25 Dec
Posted: Sun Dec 28, 2025 10:46 pm
by geekishly
very nice