Luca’s Stitching 2026 - updates pg 7 4/30
Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde
Re: Luca’s Stitching 2025 - TST’s halloween freebies p2
I had a look at the previous SALs. Nice! So I might just join one this year (if I remember, that is). 
- Mabel Figworthy
- Posts: 34208
- Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2008 4:05 pm
- Location: Dunchurch, UK
- Contact:
Re: Luca’s Stitching 2025 - TST’s halloween freebies p2
That's a very effective pumpkin!
Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk
WIPs
RSN Certificate & Online, Henry the Harmless Lion
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits
Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
WIPs
RSN Certificate & Online, Henry the Harmless Lion
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits
Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
Re: Luca’s Stitching 2025 - TST’s halloween freebies p2
I can remind you, if you'd like.Serinde wrote: Fri Oct 24, 2025 7:50 am I had a look at the previous SALs. Nice! So I might just join one this year (if I remember, that is).![]()
LOL thanks
- Luca
Re: Luca’s Stitching 2025 - TST’s halloween freebies p3 10/28
I do like that. Very gothic!
- Mabel Figworthy
- Posts: 34208
- Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2008 4:05 pm
- Location: Dunchurch, UK
- Contact:
Re: Luca’s Stitching 2025 - TST’s halloween freebies p3 10/28
And it's got a suprising amount of movement for such a small motif!
Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk
WIPs
RSN Certificate & Online, Henry the Harmless Lion
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits
Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
WIPs
RSN Certificate & Online, Henry the Harmless Lion
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits
Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
Re: Luca’s Stitching 2025 - TST’s halloween freebies p3 10/28
Thanks! I am pleased with the amount of movement it has as well. It makes me eager to start work on the 2025 SAL or even buy one of the other patterns from her shop. She’s said she’s planning to do a Christmas house SAL (not gingerbread, just chrtistmassy,) very soon and some new Advent Calendars. Also she does a £1 charity Christmas baubles SAL. Lots incoming for free/very little.

And it’s finished! Still need to decide what method I want to use to display it, but the stitching is done.

And it’s finished! Still need to decide what method I want to use to display it, but the stitching is done.
- Luca
- Mabel Figworthy
- Posts: 34208
- Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2008 4:05 pm
- Location: Dunchurch, UK
- Contact:
Re: Luca’s Stitching 2025 - TST’s halloween freebies p3 10/28
I like the lacy borders! And it sounds like you'll have plenty to stitch in the near future 
Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk
WIPs
RSN Certificate & Online, Henry the Harmless Lion
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits
Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
WIPs
RSN Certificate & Online, Henry the Harmless Lion
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits
Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
Re: Luca’s Stitching 2025 - TST’s halloween freebies p3 10/28
I might be tempted by one of these SALs... 
Re: Luca’s Stitching 2025 - TST’s halloween freebies p3 10/28
I truly will have plenty of new stuff to stitch.
I’m waiting to see what the new patterns will be for the SALs as I am very picky with Christmas patterns, but based on the past SALs, I will probably join them.
I’m waiting to see what the new patterns will be for the SALs as I am very picky with Christmas patterns, but based on the past SALs, I will probably join them.
- Luca
Re: Luca’s Stitching 2025 - TST’s halloween freebies p3 10/28
Outlines for the two choices of Christmas SALs dropped yesterday. Like them.
Re: Luca’s Stitching 2025 - TST’s halloween freebies p3 10/28
I saw! I haven’t decided yet if I’m going to do one or not. I’m in the SAL FB group though so I’ll be watching to see people’s WIPs and I might buy one after I’ve got a better idea of which one I like more. Still waiting for the Christmas House SAL because if it’s paid, too, I’m gonna go for that one over the advent calendars.
- Luca
Re: Luca’s Stitching 2025 - TST’s halloween freebies p3 10/28
I'm interested to see what the Christmas House looks like, too.
- Mabel Figworthy
- Posts: 34208
- Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2008 4:05 pm
- Location: Dunchurch, UK
- Contact:
Re: Luca’s Stitching 2025 - TST’s halloween freebies p3 10/28
Had a look at the website and I liked the designs but I can't quite see how they work as advent calendars?
Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk
WIPs
RSN Certificate & Online, Henry the Harmless Lion
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits
Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
WIPs
RSN Certificate & Online, Henry the Harmless Lion
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits
Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
Re: Luca’s Stitching 2025 - TST’s halloween freebies p3 10/28
I think it works by having a separate little design to stitch to the main design (which you have prepared in November, clearly). Judging from what I've seen on the website, once you buy the design, you then have access to all 24 (25?) designs, which you then print out and cut apart, put into an envelope and draw out one each day (surprise!) to stitch. Could be wrong.
Re: Luca’s Stitching 2025 - TST’s halloween freebies p3 10/28
She releases a new pattern each day of December to stitch up. You stitch the base in November (tree or angel) and then the daily patterns should take ~10 min to stitch. For the tree they'll be baubles to decorate the tree between the garlands, and for the angel it will be snowflakes surrounding it.
- Luca
Re: Luca’s Stitching 2025 - orange kitty pg 3
I have set aside my current projects to do a gift for a friend with a sonovastitch pattern.

Pre-stitch floss toss. The 4022 is going to be the edging as I am turning it into a patch for my friend.
The start of the project from last night while I was hanging out with a friend.

Also, I saw that the SAL Christmas House is up. Definitely going to go for that one since I can only afford one of the three (plus the Charity SAL, which is also up.)

Pre-stitch floss toss. The 4022 is going to be the edging as I am turning it into a patch for my friend.
The start of the project from last night while I was hanging out with a friend.

Also, I saw that the SAL Christmas House is up. Definitely going to go for that one since I can only afford one of the three (plus the Charity SAL, which is also up.)
- Luca
Re: Luca’s Stitching 2025 - Orange Kitty p3 11/9
Like the ginger cat! Lucky friend.
Yeah, I might go for the house, too (did have a sneak peak of the whole design...). My intention is to give it to a pal and her husband who absolutely love Christmas. Wonder if I could stitch/frame it in a ring? Hmmm.
Yeah, I might go for the house, too (did have a sneak peak of the whole design...). My intention is to give it to a pal and her husband who absolutely love Christmas. Wonder if I could stitch/frame it in a ring? Hmmm.
- Mabel Figworthy
- Posts: 34208
- Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2008 4:05 pm
- Location: Dunchurch, UK
- Contact:
Re: Luca’s Stitching 2025 - Orange Kitty p3 11/9
That cat is adorable, reminds me of our lovely ginger tom Alfie! (especially the ear sticking out from what would otherise be a perfect circle
)
Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk
WIPs
RSN Certificate & Online, Henry the Harmless Lion
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits
Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
WIPs
RSN Certificate & Online, Henry the Harmless Lion
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits
Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
Re: Luca’s Stitching 2025 - Orange Kitty p3 11/9
That ginger cat is adorable.
