Page 3 of 7
Re: Luca’s Stitching 2025 - TST’s halloween freebies p2
Posted: Fri Oct 24, 2025 7:50 am
by Serinde
I had a look at the previous SALs. Nice! So I might just join one this year (if I remember, that is).

Re: Luca’s Stitching 2025 - TST’s halloween freebies p2
Posted: Fri Oct 24, 2025 9:40 am
by Mabel Figworthy
That's a very effective pumpkin!
Re: Luca’s Stitching 2025 - TST’s halloween freebies p2
Posted: Fri Oct 24, 2025 1:47 pm
by geekishly
Serinde wrote: Fri Oct 24, 2025 7:50 am
I had a look at the previous SALs. Nice! So I might just join one this year (if I remember, that is).
I can remind you, if you'd like.
Mabel Figworthy wrote: Fri Oct 24, 2025 9:40 am
That's a very effective pumpkin!
LOL thanks
TST’s halloween freebies10/28
Posted: Wed Oct 29, 2025 2:20 am
by geekishly
Finished the second of three motifs.
Re: Luca’s Stitching 2025 - TST’s halloween freebies p3 10/28
Posted: Wed Oct 29, 2025 7:59 am
by Serinde
I do like that. Very gothic!
Re: Luca’s Stitching 2025 - TST’s halloween freebies p3 10/28
Posted: Wed Oct 29, 2025 5:08 pm
by Mabel Figworthy
And it's got a suprising amount of movement for such a small motif!
Re: Luca’s Stitching 2025 - TST’s halloween freebies p3 10/28
Posted: Thu Oct 30, 2025 12:37 am
by geekishly
Thanks! I am pleased with the amount of movement it has as well. It makes me eager to start work on the 2025 SAL or even buy one of the other patterns from her shop. She’s said she’s planning to do a Christmas house SAL (not gingerbread, just chrtistmassy,) very soon and some new Advent Calendars. Also she does a £1 charity Christmas baubles SAL. Lots incoming for free/very little.
And it’s finished! Still need to decide what method I want to use to display it, but the stitching is done.
Re: Luca’s Stitching 2025 - TST’s halloween freebies p3 10/28
Posted: Thu Oct 30, 2025 10:49 am
by Mabel Figworthy
I like the lacy borders! And it sounds like you'll have plenty to stitch in the near future

Re: Luca’s Stitching 2025 - TST’s halloween freebies p3 10/28
Posted: Thu Oct 30, 2025 12:40 pm
by Serinde
I might be tempted by one of these SALs...

Re: Luca’s Stitching 2025 - TST’s halloween freebies p3 10/28
Posted: Thu Oct 30, 2025 1:31 pm
by geekishly
I truly will have plenty of new stuff to stitch.
I’m waiting to see what the new patterns will be for the SALs as I am very picky with Christmas patterns, but based on the past SALs, I will probably join them.
Re: Luca’s Stitching 2025 - TST’s halloween freebies p3 10/28
Posted: Sun Nov 02, 2025 8:53 am
by Serinde
Outlines for the two choices of Christmas SALs dropped yesterday. Like them.
Re: Luca’s Stitching 2025 - TST’s halloween freebies p3 10/28
Posted: Mon Nov 03, 2025 9:57 am
by geekishly
I saw! I haven’t decided yet if I’m going to do one or not. I’m in the SAL FB group though so I’ll be watching to see people’s WIPs and I might buy one after I’ve got a better idea of which one I like more. Still waiting for the Christmas House SAL because if it’s paid, too, I’m gonna go for that one over the advent calendars.
Re: Luca’s Stitching 2025 - TST’s halloween freebies p3 10/28
Posted: Mon Nov 03, 2025 3:06 pm
by Serinde
I'm interested to see what the Christmas House looks like, too.
Re: Luca’s Stitching 2025 - TST’s halloween freebies p3 10/28
Posted: Tue Nov 04, 2025 10:39 am
by Mabel Figworthy
Had a look at the website and I liked the designs but I can't quite see how they work as advent calendars?
Re: Luca’s Stitching 2025 - TST’s halloween freebies p3 10/28
Posted: Tue Nov 04, 2025 3:14 pm
by Serinde
I think it works by having a separate little design to stitch to the main design (which you have prepared in November, clearly). Judging from what I've seen on the website, once you buy the design, you then have access to all 24 (25?) designs, which you then print out and cut apart, put into an envelope and draw out one each day (surprise!) to stitch. Could be wrong.
Re: Luca’s Stitching 2025 - TST’s halloween freebies p3 10/28
Posted: Tue Nov 04, 2025 5:14 pm
by geekishly
She releases a new pattern each day of December to stitch up. You stitch the base in November (tree or angel) and then the daily patterns should take ~10 min to stitch. For the tree they'll be baubles to decorate the tree between the garlands, and for the angel it will be snowflakes surrounding it.
Re: Luca’s Stitching 2025 - orange kitty pg 3
Posted: Sun Nov 09, 2025 5:58 pm
by geekishly
I have set aside my current projects to do a gift for a friend with a sonovastitch pattern.
Pre-stitch floss toss. The 4022 is going to be the edging as I am turning it into a patch for my friend.
The start of the project from last night while I was hanging out with a friend.
Also, I saw that the
SAL Christmas House is up. Definitely going to go for that one since I can only afford one of the three (plus the
Charity SAL, which is also up.)
Re: Luca’s Stitching 2025 - Orange Kitty p3 11/9
Posted: Mon Nov 10, 2025 8:39 am
by Serinde
Like the ginger cat! Lucky friend.
Yeah, I might go for the house, too (did have a sneak peak of the whole design...). My intention is to give it to a pal and her husband who absolutely love Christmas. Wonder if I could stitch/frame it in a ring? Hmmm.
Re: Luca’s Stitching 2025 - Orange Kitty p3 11/9
Posted: Mon Nov 10, 2025 10:34 am
by Mabel Figworthy
That cat is adorable, reminds me of our lovely ginger tom Alfie! (especially the ear sticking out from what would otherise be a perfect circle

)
Re: Luca’s Stitching 2025 - Orange Kitty p3 11/9
Posted: Mon Nov 10, 2025 3:40 pm
by Roland
That ginger cat is adorable.