Page 4 of 14

Re: Sina's stitches 2018

Posted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 2:19 pm
by Garnet
Wonderful updates Sina :applesauce: :applesauce: :applesauce:

The Wild Teasel is so realistic and great update on the porch, it's coming along beautifully. :applesauce: :applesauce:

Re: Sina's stitches 2018

Posted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 7:16 pm
by sapphire
very nice, unusual :applesauce:

Re: Sina's stitches 2018

Posted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:48 am
by sina28
Thank you all :wub:

As sitting in my stitching chair has proven to be quite painful I've been working on a smaller design. I can stitch it while sitting at my desk with my foot popped up.

It's goining to be a scissor keep, the design is by textile heritage and I'm going to fill it with real lavender flowers.
The front is finished, now onto the back!

Image

Re: Sina's stitches 2018

Posted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 11:14 am
by wendywombat
Small projects are so useful at a time like this!! They distract from the discomfort and help to pass the time! PLUS you have something at the end of it! :whoop:

So pretty and it will be a useful addition to your work box! :applesauce:

Re: Sina's stitches 2018

Posted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 1:51 pm
by Mabel Figworthy
Such a pretty design, and I hope it's proved a good distraction!

Re: Sina's stitches 2018

Posted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 3:54 pm
by Garnet
Ooh that's lovely, I thought it looked familiar, I have a similar textile heritage Lavender coaster and a Lavender sachet too, they are lovely, aren't they. It will be lovely with dried Lavender inside.

I hope it's proving to be a distraction for you.

Still sending healing vibes your way.

:hug:

Re: Sina's stitches 2018

Posted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:09 pm
by rcperryls
:applesauce: :applesauce: :applesauce: for your projects and lots of wishes that you heal soon!

Carole
:dance:

Re: Sina's stitches 2018

Posted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 9:39 am
by sina28
Thank you!!! :wub:
I finished my scissor keep, no to finish it!

Image

Not a good photo, will have a better one once finished.

Re: Sina's stitches 2018

Posted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 10:03 am
by Garnet
:applesauce: :applesauce: :applesauce: ooohhhh, Sina that is beautiful and such lovely neat even stitches too.

It will be wonderful with Lavender inside. I can almost detect the lovely scent.

Well done, it's lovely






edited because the smilies had a fit and put cake instead of a round of applause

Re: Sina's stitches 2018

Posted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 3:20 pm
by rcperryls
:applesauce: :applesauce: very pretty!

Carole

Re: Sina's stitches 2018

Posted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 8:55 am
by sina28
Thank you!!! :wub:

I was able to work a little more on my Front Porch this weekend. My foot doesn't have to be put up at all times anymore so I can now more easily sit at my cross stitch stand. :whoop:

Nearly finished all the backstitching now, not much more left.

Image

Now that my scissor keep is finished I also started a new "in-between-project" I can work on while waiting at the hospital etc. It's a little viola wreath by LKE.

Image

Re: Sina's stitches 2018

Posted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 3:04 pm
by rcperryls
:applesauce: :applesauce: Love your updates and especially glad to hear that your foot is healing!!!

Carole
:dance:

Re: Sina's stitches 2018

Posted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 3:19 pm
by Garnet
Oh Sina, that porch looks so inviting I would like to sit down on that chair and stitch please.

The Quilt looks so cosy I would like to unfurl it and get under it, although maybe not in the 28c heat we have today in North Wales!

I love your in-between piece too, just the right size for taking out and about.

:applesauce: :applesauce: :applesauce:

Re: Sina's stitches 2018

Posted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 9:43 pm
by karen4bells
rcperryls wrote: :applesauce: :applesauce: Love your updates and especially glad to hear that your foot is healing!!!

Carole
:dance:
I'll second everything that Carole says!!! Absolutely beautiful stitching!! :applesauce: :applesauce: :applesauce: :applesauce:

Re: Sina's stitches 2018

Posted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:58 am
by fuchsiafairy
Very pretty, love the quilt one, very colourful & nicely worked. Backstitch making come alive. :whoop: :applesauce: :applesauce:

Re: Sina's stitches 2018

Posted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 12:50 am
by Squirrel
Great news that your foot is healing and letting you get back to the lovely Porch design. Love your scissor keep and now the new, 'carryout' out project too. A lovely update :applesauce: :applesauce: :applesauce:

Re: Sina's stitches 2018

Posted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 7:45 am
by sina28
Thank you everyone!!
Have been working on the wreath piece and on my crocheting. I'm doing mostly Amigurumis now, little and cute animals. My friend visited me on Saturday and "ordered" one of me, so she's going to get a cute penguin wearing a scarf and hat. Might distract me from this heat.

Re: Sina's stitches 2018

Posted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:39 am
by wendywombat
:thinks: wonder if there is an Amirgurumi Puffin?

Those little crocheted critters are fun aren't they. A Dutch friend of mine makes them and did a sweet little dog for my youngest G'daughter.

I cannot get the tension right with crochet! It's always too loose so those tiny critters would end up HUGE!! :doh:

Re: Sina's stitches 2018

Posted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:47 am
by sina28
There is! :whoop:
I found a cute little one on Etsy
https://www.etsy.com/de/listing/2445449 ... in-pattern" target="_blank
Just look at that little beak :wub: :wub: :wub:
Oh and I also found this adorable badger
https://www.etsy.com/de/listing/5701780 ... p-header-2" target="_blank

I think both of them will end up on my hooks eventually :D

Re: Sina's stitches 2018

Posted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 10:49 am
by poppy
Wow, Sina, what a productive recovery you are having! So glad that your foot is healing now :D
I just love your Lavender scissor keep and your porch is just wonderful! :applesauce: :applesauce: :applesauce: