Page 4 of 14
Re: Need a lot of thoughts and prayers
Posted: Fri May 28, 2010 9:26 am
by SusanF
Re: Need a lot of thoughts and prayers
Posted: Fri May 28, 2010 12:19 pm
by pamelam
Kerri, I'm so sorry to hear about Chad's condition.

I hope and pray that he will improve very soon. Thankfully your car wasn't there to be damaged, and that your house wasn't badly damaged. Hope everything goes better in the near future.
Re: Need a lot of thoughts and prayers
Posted: Fri May 28, 2010 1:23 pm
by Lizzieh
I don't know what I can say but just be assured of all our thoughts and prayers.
Re: Need a lot of thoughts and prayers
Posted: Fri May 28, 2010 1:29 pm
by maggs
You are both still in our thoughts and prayers
Added stress with your house you don't need at this time, glad to hear that there was no major damage
Re: Need a lot of thoughts and prayers
Posted: Fri May 28, 2010 2:01 pm
by mags
Sending all my best wishes

Re: Need a lot of thoughts and prayers
Posted: Fri May 28, 2010 3:22 pm
by burgundyice
Still thinking of you both

Glad to hear the damage to your house wasn't as bad as it could have been in the storm
Louise
Re: Need a lot of thoughts and prayers
Posted: Fri May 28, 2010 3:25 pm
by Lizzy
Sending all the best wishes in the world

Re: Need a lot of thoughts and prayers
Posted: Sat May 29, 2010 8:51 pm
by Fljotsdale
Gosh... as if you didn't have enough to worry about, without the storm on top of it all.
But, at least it's good news that Chad is out of ICU, even if he isn't yet conscious and you don't know the prognosis yet. Even a little progress is good and he is bound to improve gradually as the brain trauma reduces, though it may take time. Big hugs.

Re: Need a lot of thoughts and prayers
Posted: Sun May 30, 2010 9:08 am
by cinder
When things are hard, just remember that baby steps are better than no steps. I'll keep you and yours in my thoughts and hope for more continued progress.

Re: Need a lot of thoughts and prayers
Posted: Mon May 31, 2010 5:12 am
by Raven
Keri I am so sorry I did not see this sooner. I will keep you and Chad in my thoughts and prayers!

Re: Need a lot of thoughts and prayers
Posted: Mon May 31, 2010 8:49 pm
by Fizzbw
Keri,
So sorry to hear about Chad's accident, you are in my prayers.
Can I send Reiki (distant healing) to both of you? I just need your names to focus it.
Hugs
Niki xxx
Re: Need a lot of thoughts and prayers
Posted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 12:19 pm
by ~threadbear~
Still thinking of you Kerri. I'm glad that Chad is at least out of ICU and am hoping you'll get more responses from him as he gradually heals.
I hope the storm damage isn't too stressful for you to deal with, you have more than enough going on right now.

Take care!
Re: Need a lot of thoughts and prayers
Posted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 12:26 pm
by Lessa54
So sorry to hear about the house - the last thing you need right now. Hope Chad continues to make progress and heals as quickly as possible.

Re: Need a lot of thoughts and prayers
Posted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 1:27 pm
by Nachstenliebe
:

: That must have been one mighty storm

I hope Chad's condition improves soon.
Faith
Re: Need a lot of thoughts and prayers
Posted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 8:09 pm
by kerbear879
Hi all..sorry for being gone for so long.
Chad is still in the hospital. He was moved to a regular room and pretty much looks completely normal except he has a trach in his neck. He is not on any medications other than some antiseizure medicine. He breathes on his own. He is still not considered to be conscious because he is not alert. He does open his eyes and he watches and tracks what people are doing in the room. He does some commands but is inconsistent with it. He tries to pull out the trach constantly so they have to keep his hands restrained. The nurses do seem to think that he may "wake" up soon. He can't go to a rehab facility until he is fully awake. So we just keep hoping each day that he will wake up soon. It's already been 8 weeks since his accident. Sometimes it seems longer and sometimes it seems like it just happened yesterday.
Just wanted to give you all an update. I haven't stitched at all since this happened as I have no motivation or concentration..maybe again when Chad is better.
Thank you all for your support

Re: Need a lot of thoughts and prayers
Posted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 8:15 pm
by pamelam
Kerri, I feel so sorry that you are all going through such a time. It would seem that the nurses are right when they say Chad will wake up soon, considering that he watches what's going on. I pray that Chad will become more alert and fully recover from the accident.
Take care and God bless.
Re: Need a lot of thoughts and prayers
Posted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 11:05 pm
by Fljotsdale
It's good to hear that he is making such good progress.

I know it may not seem like it to you, but it IS good progress - he is so nearly conscious, it must feel to him like dreaming, or like being in a daydream state, and soon something will happen and he will wake up. And when he wakes up, and goes to rehab, he is almost on the way home.

Re: Need a lot of thoughts and prayers
Posted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 12:14 am
by Squirrel
Such a long and hard road you have travelled but it does seem there is more light and better things to come.
Prayers and thoughts continue to wing their way to you.
Squirrel
Re: Need a lot of thoughts and prayers
Posted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 1:02 am
by annkor26
Sending my most positive thoughts your way. I hope he continues to improve.

Re: Need a lot of thoughts and prayers
Posted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 2:30 am
by Rose
It is good sign that he is opening his eyes and can do some commands even if they are inconsistant. He has been through a terrible ordeal and his body is taking its time to heal but there are good signs from him. That is the important thing to focus on. Still have you in my prayers and anytime you can/need to come on and vent we are waiting. Keep up the positive vibes that really can help.