Carole
2014 Christmas Ornament SAL - Come join in!!
Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde
Re: 2014 Christmas Ornament SAL - Come join in!!
I like that card, Serinde! With the little creek behind my house having frozen a bit overnight, it seems like the perfect card for January! A darker fabric might have made it easier to see the ice and snow, but the white background gives it that kind of misty wintry feeling which I like.
Carole

Carole
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
Re: 2014 Christmas Ornament SAL - Come join in!!
Oh Yes please!!! I have never joined a group before! but this thread convinced me!!! I can't wait to share just as soon as i figure out how to post things. Computer stuff is not my forte
.
________________
Megan
wip's
Sirens of the Sea
Seeds of Friendship
Mermaids(Country Cottage Kids)
Various smalls and Christmas ornaments
Dessert makes me Happy
CCN Mermaids
Christmas Ornament SAL
Megan
wip's
Sirens of the Sea
Seeds of Friendship
Mermaids(Country Cottage Kids)
Various smalls and Christmas ornaments
Dessert makes me Happy
CCN Mermaids
Christmas Ornament SAL
- NeedleAndFork
- Posts: 980
- Joined: Tue Apr 09, 2013 5:05 am
Re: 2014 Christmas Ornament SAL - Come join in!!
I think it's quite lovely just the way it is! Though if I may make a suggestion - maybe line the back of the stitching with a piece of white fabric? That way the red card won't show through the holes in the aida. I find myself focusing on the little dots rather than the stitching whenever I look at it. I think that might also help to make the design more prominant.Serinde wrote:Those two little pillow blackwork ornaments are lovely.
Here's January's card! Unfortunately it's pretty much the Eye of Faith that can see the detail (should have done it on darker blue fabric). But it is quite sparkly -- including a river of ice!
My blog: Obsessed With Thread
My WIPs: Kimono Lantern Mermaid, Rovaris Alphabet Sampler Christmas Ornaments
Participant of: Ornament a Month SAL, Stitch from Stash Challenge
My WIPs: Kimono Lantern Mermaid, Rovaris Alphabet Sampler Christmas Ornaments
Participant of: Ornament a Month SAL, Stitch from Stash Challenge
- tiffstitch
- Posts: 10025
- Joined: Sat Oct 09, 2010 3:51 pm
- Location: Vermont
- Contact:
Re: 2014 Christmas Ornament SAL - Come join in!!
Excellent ornaments, and thank you so much for that great tutorial!
Re: 2014 Christmas Ornament SAL - Come join in!!
The pillow ornaments have come out wonderful!!!!!!!
Oh Serinde that is a great finish!!!!!!

Oh Serinde that is a great finish!!!!!!
If you are looking for some one to help change you, look in the mirror
Re: 2014 Christmas Ornament SAL - Come join in!!
You know, I never noticed. Perhaps it's not so obvious in real life, but that's a good suggestion and I'll check.NeedleAndFork wrote:I think it's quite lovely just the way it is! Though if I may make a suggestion - maybe line the back of the stitching with a piece of white fabric? That way the red card won't show through the holes in the aida. I find myself focusing on the little dots rather than the stitching whenever I look at it. I think that might also help to make the design more prominant.Serinde wrote:Those two little pillow blackwork ornaments are lovely.
Here's January's card! Unfortunately it's pretty much the Eye of Faith that can see the detail (should have done it on darker blue fabric). But it is quite sparkly -- including a river of ice!
Re: 2014 Christmas Ornament SAL - Come join in!!

Will do the finishing part after I search through my fabric bin to see what I will use for the backing. They will be made into pillow ornaments. These small ornaments that are on my "to be stitch" list will keep my needle smoking and hopefully I will be able to reach one of my 2014 goals! ( 12 ornaments )
socialsue
Re: 2014 Christmas Ornament SAL - Come join in!!
Love the card Serinde and socialsue - those little critters are adorable!
Kim
WIPs:
A Summer Ball - Sandy Littlejohns
Camelot Sampler - Teresa Wentzler
(And 14 more!)
WIPs:
A Summer Ball - Sandy Littlejohns
Camelot Sampler - Teresa Wentzler
(And 14 more!)
- cross stitch dork
- Posts: 15
- Joined: Mon Jan 20, 2014 1:15 pm
- Location: Tehachapi,California
Re: 2014 Christmas Ornament SAL - Come join in!!
socialsue those are the cutest ornaments. they will look great finished.
everybodies work is looking good for so early on in the year. great beginning...
everybodies work is looking good for so early on in the year. great beginning...
Re: 2014 Christmas Ornament SAL - Come join in!!
Cute card and ornaments...I really need to get busy an ornament for February.
Debby
(main) WIPs
Angel of Love
History of Mythical Creatures
Cache la Poudre
Past Present Forever
Innocent Dreams
(main) WIPs
Angel of Love
History of Mythical Creatures
Cache la Poudre
Past Present Forever
Innocent Dreams
- NeedleAndFork
- Posts: 980
- Joined: Tue Apr 09, 2013 5:05 am
Re: 2014 Christmas Ornament SAL - Come join in!!
socialsue - those are adorable! And here I was feeling good about having finished 2 - you got four!
I'm having so much fun admiring everyone's work on here!
I'm having so much fun admiring everyone's work on here!
My blog: Obsessed With Thread
My WIPs: Kimono Lantern Mermaid, Rovaris Alphabet Sampler Christmas Ornaments
Participant of: Ornament a Month SAL, Stitch from Stash Challenge
My WIPs: Kimono Lantern Mermaid, Rovaris Alphabet Sampler Christmas Ornaments
Participant of: Ornament a Month SAL, Stitch from Stash Challenge
Re: 2014 Christmas Ornament SAL - Come join in!!
Oh those are so adorable!!!!!!!!!! 
If you are looking for some one to help change you, look in the mirror
Re: 2014 Christmas Ornament SAL - Come join in!!
great card and ohhhh those little animals are adorable 
--
Leave nothing on the beach except footprints

HAED World Travel Bookshelf
HAED Tree frog
HAED QS Ladybug
HAED Dragon Rip
Instagram @oriettait
Leave nothing on the beach except footprints
HAED World Travel Bookshelf
HAED Tree frog
HAED QS Ladybug
HAED Dragon Rip
Instagram @oriettait
Re: 2014 Christmas Ornament SAL - Come join in!!
Carole
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
- karen4bells
- Posts: 21816
- Joined: Sat Jan 30, 2010 3:53 pm
- Location: Florida
Re: 2014 Christmas Ornament SAL - Come join in!!
rcperryls wrote:![]()
Those animals are so adorable! They are going to be great ornaments!
Carole
![]()
Work in Progress
Dimensions Passion Flower Angel
Tempting Tangles Welcome SAL
Various small designs
Dimensions Passion Flower Angel
Tempting Tangles Welcome SAL
Various small designs
Re: 2014 Christmas Ornament SAL - Come join in!!
Sing me up- I will get moving tonight to get my idea and get started!
- NeedleAndFork
- Posts: 980
- Joined: Tue Apr 09, 2013 5:05 am
Re: 2014 Christmas Ornament SAL - Come join in!!
I see I lured you outta hiding! Get cracking my friend! You've got 3 days left of January!Ankev wrote:Sing me up- I will get moving tonight to get my idea and get started!
My blog: Obsessed With Thread
My WIPs: Kimono Lantern Mermaid, Rovaris Alphabet Sampler Christmas Ornaments
Participant of: Ornament a Month SAL, Stitch from Stash Challenge
My WIPs: Kimono Lantern Mermaid, Rovaris Alphabet Sampler Christmas Ornaments
Participant of: Ornament a Month SAL, Stitch from Stash Challenge
- perftangel
- Posts: 593
- Joined: Thu Jun 20, 2013 8:28 pm
- Location: PA, USA
- Contact:
Re: 2014 Christmas Ornament SAL - Come join in!!
Finally got around to starting my January ornament! It's pretty quick going so I should be done this month! I have to sub colors out since I don't have them, but I think it's looking nice so far!
Hot Cocoa by Little House Needleworks

Hot Cocoa by Little House Needleworks

My blog: xStitchHaven.com
Re: 2014 Christmas Ornament SAL - Come join in!!

here is my very quick late January ornament- I am a beginner so I want to join the SAL to improve my skills.
- karen4bells
- Posts: 21816
- Joined: Sat Jan 30, 2010 3:53 pm
- Location: Florida
Re: 2014 Christmas Ornament SAL - Come join in!!
Work in Progress
Dimensions Passion Flower Angel
Tempting Tangles Welcome SAL
Various small designs
Dimensions Passion Flower Angel
Tempting Tangles Welcome SAL
Various small designs
