2019 Stash & Grab
Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex
- Mabel Figworthy
- Posts: 34208
- Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2008 4:05 pm
- Location: Dunchurch, UK
- Contact:
Re: 2019 Stash & Grab
Hurray! We will throw a Defiance Party! Down with the hackers, long live the Forum!
Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk
WIPs
RSN Certificate & Online, Henry the Harmless Lion
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits
Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
WIPs
RSN Certificate & Online, Henry the Harmless Lion
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits
Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
Re: 2019 Stash & Grab
Mabel Figworthy wrote:Hurray! We will throw a Defiance Party! Down with the hackers, long live the Forum!
Both are worth repeating!Serinde wrote:![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
Carole
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
Re: 2019 Stash & Grab
What do we want those Chinese hackers to say? "And still they persisted!!"

- luv2craft2
- Posts: 144
- Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2019 1:53 pm
Re: 2019 Stash & Grab
Well, this looks very cosy. Only popped head in the door as I don't have time to enter & look round at the moment, will be back another day though. Have to go & feed my dog, Bonnie, most important of course
Lynette 
- Mabel Figworthy
- Posts: 34208
- Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2008 4:05 pm
- Location: Dunchurch, UK
- Contact:
Re: 2019 Stash & Grab
Absolutely cream-crackered after two mornings helping demolish the church and then teaching a two-hour private workshop (which always turn out to last about three hours
) this afternoon, so I'm here for one of the lazy armchairs.
Not sure really whether I should be here or at St Cross Stitcher's what with a sore foot and a strained groin and my shoulders protesting that they're not used to hours of work above shoulder height, but I'm going by the theory that few things are worse for a congenial spot with a nice glass of mulled wine
. If that doesn't work I will toddle over next door 
Not sure really whether I should be here or at St Cross Stitcher's what with a sore foot and a strained groin and my shoulders protesting that they're not used to hours of work above shoulder height, but I'm going by the theory that few things are worse for a congenial spot with a nice glass of mulled wine
Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk
WIPs
RSN Certificate & Online, Henry the Harmless Lion
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits
Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
WIPs
RSN Certificate & Online, Henry the Harmless Lion
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits
Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
Re: 2019 Stash & Grab
Certainly hope that the mulled wine has helped relax your clearly overworked muscles. No need to move over to St. Cross Stitcher's. I've put the bell right next to you so if you need anything from there just ring it and an orderly will instantly arrive to find out what you want or need and see to it. After your day you don't need to be toddling around.
Carole

Carole
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
- luv2craft2
- Posts: 144
- Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2019 1:53 pm
Re: 2019 Stash & Grab
Hope all aches & pains have eased since you've had the mulled wine Mabel. Sounds like very hard work you did.
Lynette 
Re: 2019 Stash & Grab
I'll just have a
while waiting news on Eldest Son, back in hospital with bleeding after tonsillectomy.
I'm sure he'll be fine, but...

- Mabel Figworthy
- Posts: 34208
- Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2008 4:05 pm
- Location: Dunchurch, UK
- Contact:
Re: 2019 Stash & Grab
All very well to tell yourself "I'm sure he'll be fine", but it's still a worry. Hope there will be good news soon!
(BTW didn't know they still did tonsillectomies!)
(BTW didn't know they still did tonsillectomies!)
Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk
WIPs
RSN Certificate & Online, Henry the Harmless Lion
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits
Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
WIPs
RSN Certificate & Online, Henry the Harmless Lion
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits
Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
- wendywombat
- Posts: 13546
- Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2006 12:03 pm
- Location: Scottish Borders
Re: 2019 Stash & Grab
Oh dear, poor boy!!
It is permissible in those worrying times to add a wee dram to the

It is permissible in those worrying times to add a wee dram to the
Re: 2019 Stash & Grab
Hope all is well now with your boy (might be a man, but ill sons are always boys) and the bleeding has stopped and the pain from the surgery is decreasing. It's been a long time since I heard of someone having a tonsillectomy.
Let us know how he is.
Carole
Not a bad idea.wendywombat wrote:It is permissible in those worrying times to add a wee dram to the
Let us know how he is.
Carole
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
Re: 2019 Stash & Grab
He's in the local university hospital and will be overnight. If it were really bad, I suspect he'd be back in surgery or something. Tonsillectomies are done (obviously) when they are creating more trouble than they solve. Usually in adults, tonsils are benign shrivelled bits, their usefulness over. However, Elder Son has had numerous bouts of increasingly serious tonsillitis over several years, so there's only one answer! (He has to be the exception; goes with the territory.)

I'll wait for that dram, but I will raise a coffee to the NHS.
Cheers!
I'll wait for that dram, but I will raise a coffee to the NHS.
Re: 2019 Stash & Grab
Oh the poor young man.
Do the hospitals still ply patients with Ice Cream following a Tonsillectomy?
I was 5 when mine were removed and believe me Ice Cream was so welcome (as well as being a rarity in those long gone days).
I think once we become Mothers (or Fathers) a worry button gets pushed and it never stops going off.
Here's another
to soothe your nerves.
Agreed
for the NHS.
Do the hospitals still ply patients with Ice Cream following a Tonsillectomy?
I was 5 when mine were removed and believe me Ice Cream was so welcome (as well as being a rarity in those long gone days).
I think once we become Mothers (or Fathers) a worry button gets pushed and it never stops going off.
Here's another
Agreed
Re: 2019 Stash & Grab
Well, he had another bleed in hospital, so it's off to the OR for ES.
@Garnet. I would have loved to have been plied with ice cream back in the day... and, no, Elder Son wasn't either, but he did have 4 litres of the stuff back in his flat. For medicinal purposes, you understand.
Oh, and here's your useless piece of information for the day: apparently chewing gum is definitely indicated following a tonsillectomy. Keeps the mouth clean and hydrated, apparently.
@Garnet. I would have loved to have been plied with ice cream back in the day... and, no, Elder Son wasn't either, but he did have 4 litres of the stuff back in his flat. For medicinal purposes, you understand.
Oh, and here's your useless piece of information for the day: apparently chewing gum is definitely indicated following a tonsillectomy. Keeps the mouth clean and hydrated, apparently.
- wendywombat
- Posts: 13546
- Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2006 12:03 pm
- Location: Scottish Borders
Re: 2019 Stash & Grab
Is he a Red Head?
When I was nursing we always had to watch the red headed children EXTRA carefully.
Poor Elder Son.
Healing and blood clotting thoughts winging their way to him. And to you, his worried Mum!
When I was nursing we always had to watch the red headed children EXTRA carefully.
Poor Elder Son.
Healing and blood clotting thoughts winging their way to him. And to you, his worried Mum!
Re: 2019 Stash & Grab
No, he's not, WW, but he does have skin that's prone to burn and an auburn beard! Does that count? (Whereas his brother is blonde and can look like a delicious toasted marshmallow in the summer -- never burns.) Curious things, genes.
Re: 2019 Stash & Grab
Sending same thoughts across the big pond!wendywombat wrote: Poor Elder Son.
Healing and blood clotting thoughts winging their way to him. And to you, his worried Mum!
Carole
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
Re: 2019 Stash & Grab
Well, that was interesting, wasn't it? Not sure what we'd done to warrant being suspended! Dangerous people, stitchers. Obviously. (not) 
Re: 2019 Stash & Grab
You are a
Whoever would have thought us stitchers were dangerous, I mean our needles are mainly blunt but hopefully our scissors are sharp
I did wonder if we had forgotten to top up the meter