Page 5 of 7
Re: Luca’s Stitching 2026 - update pg 4 1/26
Posted: Wed Jan 28, 2026 5:23 pm
by geekishly
Thank you! And of course!
Didn’t get to work on it yesterday, but hoping to finish the text and work on the border today.
Re: Luca’s Stitching 2026 - update pg 4 1/26
Posted: Thu Jan 29, 2026 7:29 pm
by fccs
I especially love the Shattering the Silence design. It might have fallen into my Etsy cart.

Re: Luca’s Stitching 2026 - update pg 4 1/26
Posted: Thu Jan 29, 2026 11:17 pm
by geekishly
It’s so good! Definitely worth the purchase.
Also have an update on stay salty.
Had to scrap the border color choice as it wasn’t stitching up visibly with the blue (too close to the navy) and I’m going to do some test stitches of a few different variegated floss options on a scrap of navy aida to see which looks best.
Re: Luca’s Stitching 2026 - stay salty update pg 5 1/29
Posted: Sat Jan 31, 2026 12:42 pm
by Mabel Figworthy
Good plan - looking forward to seeing what you decide on!
Re: Luca’s Stitching 2026 - stay salty update pg 5 1/29
Posted: Sun Feb 01, 2026 6:49 am
by geekishly
I decided on the threadworx Susanna banana for the border.
And then I worked a bit more on the kitty. Only two colors left + finishing the edges/turning it into a patch.

orange kitty finish
Posted: Sun Feb 01, 2026 1:42 pm
by geekishly
Sorry for the double post, but!!
I have finished it!
Re: Luca’s Stitching 2026 - orange kitty finish pg 5 1/29
Posted: Mon Feb 02, 2026 4:58 pm
by Mabel Figworthy
Brilliant! The pose reminds me of this Lolcat
And the border on your Salt piece is looking like delicately coloured lace

Re: Luca’s Stitching 2026 - orange kitty finish pg 5 1/29
Posted: Tue Feb 03, 2026 12:39 pm
by geekishly
LMAO thanks.
I'm taking a break from it because I need a change from navy fabric, so I started on another gift for a friend, but one they're expecting and getting updates on, so I can share publicly.
The pattern is by
Pixel Pastry Cafe on Etsy. It's a joker card from the video game Balatro.
Re: Luca’s Stitching 2026 - orange kitty finish pg 5 1/29
Posted: Tue Feb 03, 2026 12:41 pm
by Mabel Figworthy
So bright and colourful, must be lovely to work on especially if your weather is as grey as ours is at the moment!
Re: Luca’s Stitching 2026 - orange kitty finish pg 5 1/29
Posted: Tue Feb 03, 2026 12:46 pm
by geekishly
It is so grey here. And cold. absolutely freezing. Today is slightly warmer than it has been, but not by much. Our high is 24F (-4 C) and it's currently 15F (-9 C).
Re: Luca’s Stitching 2026 - balatro update pg 5 2/6
Posted: Fri Feb 06, 2026 2:27 pm
by geekishly
Forgot to update until now. Making really good progress on the Balatro piece.

Re: Luca’s Stitching 2026 - balatro update pg 5 2/6
Posted: Sat Feb 07, 2026 4:29 pm
by Mabel Figworthy
That's getting on really well!
balatro & cryptid update + a finish
Posted: Tue Feb 10, 2026 12:08 am
by geekishly
Broke out the cryptid piece again, and got another one stitched before getting annoyed with the fabric. This one is the Fresno nightcrawler.
This is a freebie by The Witchy Stitcher that I started and finished this weekend. It’s a gift for my BFF’s husband to hang up in his school office.
And latest progress on the Balatro piece.

Re: Luca’s Stitching 2026 - multiple updates pg 5 2/9
Posted: Tue Feb 10, 2026 5:16 pm
by Mabel Figworthy
Lots of colourfulness! Why is the fabric annoying you?
Re: Luca’s Stitching 2026 - multiple updates pg 5 2/9
Posted: Wed Feb 11, 2026 3:35 pm
by geekishly
It’s really floppy and the threads are very uneven. It’s not holding tension properly and it’s hard to find the holes even with magnification. It’s 28ct that I bought from the remnants bin at my LNS over a decade ago when it still existed.
Re: Luca’s Stitching 2026 - multiple updates pg 5 2/9
Posted: Thu Feb 12, 2026 9:51 am
by Mabel Figworthy
I hope it won't get too annoying as it does make quite a stunning background!
Re: Luca’s Stitching 2026 - multiple updates pg 5 2/9
Posted: Fri Feb 13, 2026 12:30 am
by geekishly
Yeah. It’s just something to slowly work on.
Anyway, I finished the Balatro!
I did alter the hearts slightly by raising them up a half stitch since I could on 28ct in order to center them.
Re: Luca’s Stitching 2026 - Balatro finish pg 5 2/12
Posted: Fri Feb 13, 2026 12:29 pm
by Mabel Figworthy
the joys of evenweave!
Re: Luca’s Stitching 2026 - Balatro finish pg 5 2/12
Posted: Sat Feb 14, 2026 5:47 am
by geekishly
Indeed! It would not look the same on aida if I tried it.
Re: Luca’s Stitching 2026 - Balatro finish pg 5 2/12
Posted: Mon Feb 16, 2026 8:17 am
by Serinde
great finish. not sure I'd have the patience to do all the blackwork!