Page 1 of 1
hello!
Posted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:59 am
by yelena
Hey I'm Yelena,
I'm not new to cross stitch as my mom is a fanatic but I can never seem to finish anything
Things are pretty hectic in my working life atm and I'm hoping that really getting stuck into some projects will help keep my grounded.
My partners sister is having a baby in May so I'm hoping to do a little cross stitch for bumps nursery. At the moment Nelsons World Summer Friends (issue 166 cross stitcher- thanks mom!) is winning.
My boss is due to have his first baby in March so I'm open to ideas on a smaller project for him and his bump. Suggestions welcome.
xxx
Re: hello!
Posted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:21 am
by Mabel Figworthy
Hello Yelena, welcome to the forum -- finishing problems are not uncommon (I have one or two myself

) so you're in good (or should that be bad

?) company here. Post your WIPs and we'll encourage you until they're done, or until you decide that you really hate them so much you're going to give them to charity or stuff them in the bin

Re: hello!
Posted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:33 am
by yelena
I'm in big trouble with two of them.
It would seem that my partner has decided (in his infanit wisdom) to chuck the one that was on my bedside table in the cross stitch bag of doom. All the threads have got mixed up.
I was doing Wishing Star from dmc fantasy collection and Wild Westies III both very blue projects. This is going to take some time to sort out

Re: hello!
Posted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:47 am
by Midge
Hello and welcome to the forum.
Bad Hubby!!!!
Re: hello!
Posted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:54 am
by ~threadbear~
Hello and welcome to the forum!
You'll get lots of encouragement on here (probably find yourself with even more 'newly started-but not finished' projects now!).
Have fun!!

Re: hello!
Posted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:57 am
by yelena

~threadbear~ thanks x
Re: hello!
Posted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 12:07 pm
by vanessanjf
Hello and welcome

Re: hello!
Posted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 12:08 pm
by Bad Pippa
Hello.I am a newbie her too.Fave fun

Re: hello!
Posted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 12:13 pm
by Angel
Hello and welcome to the forum. Congrats on the bump, is this your first time as an aunt?
If you're worried about not finishing your projects, you should start a thread in the SAL section showing us you're progress, with all the great support you'll get from it, you'll find finishing just got a whole lot easier ^_^
Re: hello!
Posted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 12:16 pm
by yelena
*waves*
Bump will be my first time as an Auntie. My sisters are all alot younger than me, they are 14, 11 and 9 so I was very excited when my boyfriends sis told me

I love kids but only when I can give them back if you know what I mean.
I'll defo start a threat on the SAL section for the bump project as I only have a limited time lol
Re: hello!
Posted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 12:25 pm
by Angel
I bet your super excited! I know what you mean though, we expect my sister will be an a#old maid, at 22, she still has no interest in boys and we're expecting her to follow the same path as my aunt did, so being an aunt for me was not really within the realms of possibility. I have an older "sister" but we're not really related and never see each other, so her daughter most certainly doesn't think of me as an auntie, and my fiancés siblings already have kids who probably won't ever think of me an aunt either *sigh* You're so lucky. I'm so jealous! I hope everything goes well with the pregnancy and you get a lovely, healthy neice/nephew ^_^
I look forward to seeing your SAL
Re: hello!
Posted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 1:04 pm
by Alyona
Hello,welcome

Re: hello!
Posted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 1:27 pm
by pamelam
Hi and welcome to the forum!

Re: hello!
Posted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 1:30 pm
by Nachstenliebe
Hi Yelena! Welcome to the forum!
Faith