Page 1 of 2

Away for a few days

Posted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 8:10 am
by Midge
Off to Wales for a long weekend this morning. We are staying in a log cabin in Carmarthen with 4 of our friends and the children's Grandma's are babysitting for us all.
We are all quite excited as it is the first time any of us have left the children for 4 nights.
Anyway, my reason for telling you is that we are staying fairly close to Polstitches and so I am going to go and have a look around. I can hardly wait to go and see all those gorgeous fabbys and threads. I expect this trip will be quite expensive!!!!
I'll miss you all whilst I'm gone and I'll check back in with you on Thurs.
Bye for now,
H x

Re: Away for a few days

Posted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 8:15 am
by RosemaryH
Now, now how can you be so cruel and torture us about your time out. Friends, no children, Wales and then you add that you will visit Polstitches, sheer unadulterated nasty mindedness I call it. Enjoy yourself and think about how many of us will be sooooo jealous of you.

Rosemary

Re: Away for a few days

Posted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 8:19 am
by Midge
Sorry! :wub: :wub: :wub: :applesauce: :D :D

Re: Away for a few days

Posted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 8:25 am
by Mabel Figworthy
That sounds like a lovely weekend, enjoy! And give us a full report on Polstitches, of course :-)

Re: Away for a few days

Posted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 9:18 am
by ~threadbear~
That sounds brilliant!
Have a fantastic time and come back and tell us ALL about Polstitches! We insist!!

:dance: :dance: :dance:

Re: Away for a few days

Posted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 9:36 am
by dollystitcher
Have a lovely break Midge and don't forget the report on Polstitches :lol:

Re: Away for a few days

Posted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 12:01 pm
by agi
Oh, enjoy it as much as possible! :dance: :dance: :dance:

Re: Away for a few days

Posted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 1:15 pm
by meerkat
What an idyllic long-weekend break.Happy browsing and buying in Polstitches :)

Re: Away for a few days

Posted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 2:11 pm
by Nachstenliebe
Sounds like everything is set for you to have a really good weekend!
Faith

Re: Away for a few days

Posted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 4:32 pm
by pamelam
Have a lovely weekend! :)

Re: Away for a few days

Posted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 4:37 pm
by karen4bells
:wub: :applesauce: Sounds like a lovely getaway! I hope you have a wonderful weekend and that you have a great time in Polstitches

Re: Away for a few days

Posted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 5:45 pm
by tiffstitch
Have fun and I await the gory details of Polstitches!

Re: Away for a few days

Posted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 1:42 am
by Squirrel
Enjoy it all Midge and especially the trip to Polstitches. Looking forward to hearing all about it.

Sally

Re: Away for a few days

Posted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 11:58 am
by *barb*
I cant believe you are going to polstitches..how jealous am I :x and i am as green as -> :anotherfrog:

i hope you have a fun time and enjoy the holiday..

when you come back dont forget to torture us all with tales of polstitches.

barb, weeping in despair

Re: Away for a few days

Posted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 5:29 pm
by Midge
Aw Barb, dry those eyes. :D
Have a look at these.

Image

Image

I bought the tissue case/lipstick case kit and a large grab bag of fabric. I also bought 3 metres of pompom trimming to go around the edge of a cushion but that wouldn't photograph too well.
The shop is fantastic but quite difficult to find in the mist. Steve rang earlier in the day to make sure they would be open as we were going out elsewhere that day.
I couldn't look at everything because there was just soooo much in the shop. The fabics were so pretty, especially the opal ones - they have so much bling in them they nearly blind you and I couldn't choose just one either.
The lady who owns and designs for Polstitches was lovely and I even got a bit knocked off for cash!! Only pennies but how smashing is that.
I'll let you know how I get on with the kit in due course.
The threads that were on sale were beautiful. So lustrous and soft but I thought I'd stick with what I have for now.
I heartily recommend a trip if you are anywhere near, it is very worthwhile indeed.

Our cabin was gorgeous and we have all come home refreshed and relaxed. Far too much red wine and crisps/choccie was consumed but who is counting. We topped off the trip with lunch in the Cotswolds on the way home. PERFECT!!!!
On with the stitching now.
H xx

Re: Away for a few days

Posted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 5:41 pm
by Mabel Figworthy
Oh wow Midge, that is beautiful! All that and a gorgeous cabin and lovely food -- you obviously had a smashing time :-)!

Re: Away for a few days

Posted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 5:49 pm
by K1nS
omg that fabric is gorgeous!!!! :wub: :wub: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

Re: Away for a few days

Posted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 6:08 pm
by Jilly
Lovely Stash Midge!
Although I live in Wales, it's getting on for 80 miles to Polstitches..way too far to drop in :( You may have passed through my Town on your travels Midge... Newtown..it's the town with the traffic jam...it IS a traffic jam :lol:

Re: Away for a few days

Posted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 6:23 pm
by Midge
We did pass through Jilly and it was a traffic jam too! Nice part of the world though so you can forgive the jams.

Re: Away for a few days

Posted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 6:44 pm
by kathryn
omg omg omg omg
I'd never survive a trip there, the fabric! ooooooo *Squeal*