Hurray! Birth sampler finally finished

For all topics which do not fit in the other categories.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

Post Reply
mattcrossstitches
Posts: 38
Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:34 am

Hurray! Birth sampler finally finished

Post by mattcrossstitches »

It took me six months :shock: but I finally finished my nephew's birth sampler:

Image
Birth sampler by mattcrossstitches, on Flickr

I loved the pattern because I was looking for something that wasn't too babyish -- something to last him -- and the fact that it included a family tree was fantastic.

I just took it in to be framed this evening and I'm delighted with how it came out. I gave it for Christmas (even though it wasn't 100% done -- and a good thing it was, as I was misinformed about two of the names on my sister-in-law's side) and my brother and sister-in-law are over the moon with it. :whoop:


I also made this bookmark for my uncle for Christmas (he's a fan):

Image
Steelers bookmark by mattcrossstitches, on Flickr
Last edited by mattcrossstitches on Wed Jan 07, 2015 3:45 am, edited 2 times in total.
My finished projects
WIP: Ladybugs' Picnic bib, Little Prince bookmark, In the House
Being charted: Challah cover, Kestos Himas
User avatar
Squirrel
Posts: 16821
Joined: Sun Aug 30, 2009 4:33 am
Location: exChristhcurch NZ, now Brisbane, Australia

Re: Hurray! Birth sampler finally finished

Post by Squirrel »

:whoop: :whoop: That is the most unusual birth announcement I have ever seen and it is totally gorgeous. A wonderful effort on your part and I can understand your relief that it is finally finished. WELL DONE. :whoop: :whoop: :whoop:
Sally in Brisbane Australia

WIPS
Christmas Stocking from World of Cross Stitching mag. 262
User avatar
karen4bells
Posts: 21816
Joined: Sat Jan 30, 2010 3:53 pm
Location: Florida

Re: Hurray! Birth sampler finally finished

Post by karen4bells »

Squirrel wrote: :whoop: :whoop: That is the most unusual birth announcement I have ever seen and it is totally gorgeous. A wonderful effort on your part and I can understand your relief that it is finally finished. WELL DONE. :whoop: :whoop: :whoop:
I absolutely agree!!! Very nice on both projects!!
Work in Progress
Dimensions Passion Flower Angel
Tempting Tangles Welcome SAL
Various small designs


User avatar
Rose
Posts: 34043
Joined: Sun Mar 05, 2006 12:24 am
Location: Gilroy, CA

Re: Hurray! Birth sampler finally finished

Post by Rose »

Great finish!!!!!! It is an unusual birth announcement but very cool!!!!! :applesauce: :applesauce:
If you are looking for some one to help change you, look in the mirror
MartaAre
Posts: 110
Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2014 2:13 pm

Re: Hurray! Birth sampler finally finished

Post by MartaAre »

Well done! I like it!
User avatar
Carole
Posts: 3275
Joined: Sat Dec 01, 2007 10:06 pm
Location: Birmingham
Contact:

Re: Hurray! Birth sampler finally finished

Post by Carole »

That's a lovely birth announcement. So different and so detailed :)
Current WIPs
Precious Dreams
Crazy cat lady
Previous WIPs
Previous WIPs

User avatar
millymolly
Posts: 2703
Joined: Tue May 15, 2012 4:06 pm
Location: Scotland

Re: Hurray! Birth sampler finally finished

Post by millymolly »

Lovely work! Definitely worth the wait for a beautiful sampler!
Amanda =]

WIP
Cloudsfactory Epic Potter & Cut thru Pirate Ship
HAED Mini Awakening Spring Fairy
Shameful UFOs Thread here 3 of 25 finished
User avatar
vanessanjf
Posts: 12944
Joined: Sun Oct 18, 2009 11:43 am
Location: Hertfordshire, UK

Re: Hurray! Birth sampler finally finished

Post by vanessanjf »

Brilliant work :applesauce: :applesauce:
Vanessa

A little progress every day adds up to big results

WIP
The adoration of the kings- Golden kite completed
User avatar
rcperryls
Posts: 32992
Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2011 1:36 pm
Location: SC, USA

Re: Hurray! Birth sampler finally finished

Post by rcperryls »

:applesauce: :applesauce: Beautiful stitching on a beautiful design!! Congrats on a fantastic finish!! :applesauce: :applesauce:

Carole
:dance:
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
User avatar
Allyn
Posts: 2224
Joined: Sat Mar 30, 2013 4:57 pm
Location: Mississippi Gulf Coast
Contact:

Re: Hurray! Birth sampler finally finished

Post by Allyn »

It's beautiful and really I like that it doesn't look babyish. It's a piece he can have as he grows up.
_________________________________________________________

WIP
Image
User avatar
Mabel Figworthy
Posts: 34208
Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2008 4:05 pm
Location: Dunchurch, UK
Contact:

Re: Hurray! Birth sampler finally finished

Post by Mabel Figworthy »

I love the style of that birth announcement, it's timeless!
Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk
WIPs
RSN Certificate & Online, Henry the Harmless Lion
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits

Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
User avatar
tiffstitch
Posts: 10025
Joined: Sat Oct 09, 2010 3:51 pm
Location: Vermont
Contact:

Re: Hurray! Birth sampler finally finished

Post by tiffstitch »

What an interesting sampler, and congrats on the finish.
User avatar
Lizzieh
Posts: 4049
Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2008 11:34 pm
Location: cornwall

Re: Hurray! Birth sampler finally finished

Post by Lizzieh »

Beautiful sampler. Love the colours.
Liz


WIPIn rotation
Quick Stitch Tulips
Egyptian heart
Pretty pastels
Peek a boo

UFO
HAED storykeep

2014 finishes
Parent's garden
User avatar
fccs
Posts: 9697
Joined: Mon Apr 15, 2013 12:10 am
Location: Fort Collins, Colorado

Re: Hurray! Birth sampler finally finished

Post by fccs »

The bookmark is a great gift and the sampler is just incredible!!!!! Gorgeous!!!

What's next?
Debby

(main) WIPs
Angel of Love
History of Mythical Creatures
Cache la Poudre
Past Present Forever
Innocent Dreams
sarclanat
Posts: 107
Joined: Tue Mar 21, 2006 1:07 pm
Location: Essex UK
Contact:

Re: Hurray! Birth sampler finally finished

Post by sarclanat »

Wow, that is amazing, a lot of work and dedication has gone into that. Well done :applesauce: :applesauce: :applesauce: :applesauce:
Post Reply