Page 1 of 10

2023 Deliveries & Stash Acquisition

Posted: Sun Jan 01, 2023 11:05 am
by Serinde
New Year, new stash! :D

This will be our new thread for anything we want to share with others as far as items we buy or are sent to us in the mail or traded among members.

Re: 2023 Deliveries & Stash Acquisition

Posted: Wed Jan 04, 2023 3:20 am
by fccs
My friend’s daughter went to Philadelphia, PA, recently and she bought these Posy Collection kits for me. I’m thrilled!! I love the Posy kits - I’ve done four so far. The designs are “simple” compared to some others but they look so good when done.

Image

Re: 2023 Deliveries & Stash Acquisition

Posted: Wed Jan 04, 2023 8:24 am
by Serinde
How thoughtful of her! Have fun stitching them.

Re: 2023 Deliveries & Stash Acquisition

Posted: Wed Jan 04, 2023 11:12 am
by Steam.Jo
Nice :)

I admit I have made it 4 days into the year and have just caught myself looking at the cross stitch kits on Fleabay :doh: I haven't brought anything (yet) so I am still keeping to my new year resolution

Jo

Re: 2023 Deliveries & Stash Acquisition

Posted: Wed Jan 04, 2023 12:13 pm
by rcperryls
Great kits! I think those will be fun to stitch. I haven't looked at any new projects until I finish the Star Wars Afghan. then going back to some of my WIPs is likely going to feel like starting something new. two in particular are getting noisy about feeling neglected.

Carole
:dance:

Re: 2023 Deliveries & Stash Acquisition

Posted: Wed Jan 04, 2023 9:48 pm
by Serinde
I have quite a few of those... :oops:

Re: 2023 Deliveries & Stash Acquisition

Posted: Thu Jan 05, 2023 4:42 pm
by Garnet
Super kits debby, they seem just your style. I know you will have fun stitching those.

As promised in my Birthday wishes here is the book I was lucky enough to receive.

Image

Whilst it isn't an instructional book per se, there is plenty of information on the threads, the two types of stiches used, split stitch and underside couching, how light is so important in this type of work, direction of the stitches and of course projects to do, I roared laughing at the "selfie girl" with lapdog at the back of the book. I'm not sure if I will attempt such beautiful work, but just reading the book is giving me plenty of enjoyment.

Re: 2023 Deliveries & Stash Acquisition

Posted: Thu Jan 05, 2023 5:32 pm
by Mabel Figworthy
Garnet, that is a great book, I've read through it several times and find something new to learn every time!

Re: 2023 Deliveries & Stash Acquisition

Posted: Fri Jan 06, 2023 1:11 am
by fccs
The book looks fabulous!!

Re: 2023 Deliveries & Stash Acquisition

Posted: Sat Jan 14, 2023 1:11 pm
by Nicola Main
This morning at craft class I received this bag which I commissioned from a fellow member, Pauline! She is so talented I absolutely love it! And it fits my 14 inch R & R frame perfectly! :wub:

Image

Re: 2023 Deliveries & Stash Acquisition

Posted: Sat Jan 14, 2023 2:19 pm
by rcperryls
very pretty!

Carole
:dance:

Re: 2023 Deliveries & Stash Acquisition

Posted: Sat Jan 14, 2023 3:10 pm
by Steam.Jo
What a super bag and a wonderful idea to have bags to put your cross stitch in to protect it :applesauce:

Jo

Re: 2023 Deliveries & Stash Acquisition

Posted: Sat Jan 14, 2023 4:13 pm
by Serinde
That's a really nice bag! :applesauce:

Re: 2023 Deliveries & Stash Acquisition

Posted: Sun Jan 15, 2023 10:55 am
by wendywombat
A bag to be proud of! :dance: :applesauce: The first of many? :wub:

I seem to have a 'bag for each project' :lol:

Re: 2023 Deliveries & Stash Acquisition

Posted: Mon Jan 30, 2023 10:13 am
by Nicola Main
I know I really shouldn't have but was browsing Very Crafty (as you do) and spotted this gorgeous kit which I just had to get! Look how happy and cheery these pansies look! :wub:

Image

Re: 2023 Deliveries & Stash Acquisition

Posted: Mon Jan 30, 2023 11:13 am
by Serinde
Just what's needed at the grey end of January!

Re: 2023 Deliveries & Stash Acquisition

Posted: Thu Feb 02, 2023 1:09 pm
by fccs
I can’t wait to see those happy flowers come to life under your talented needle.

Re: 2023 Deliveries & Stash Acquisition

Posted: Thu Feb 02, 2023 3:28 pm
by Roland
So bright and beautiful.

Re: 2023 Deliveries & Stash Acquisition

Posted: Thu Feb 02, 2023 4:23 pm
by Garnet
Absolutely beautiful, so colourful, just what is needed at this time of year.

Can't wait to see your start.

Re: 2023 Deliveries & Stash Acquisition

Posted: Mon Feb 20, 2023 5:15 pm
by Steam.Jo
Ohhhhhh that is nice :)


I am a bad girl :oops: If you recall my new year resolution was to stop buying stuff for my stash but bad Girl, BAD GIRL I have failed my new year resolution :doh:

You may have noticed I like oriental cross stitch pieces but I didn't have one of Cranes. Cranes in Eastern philosophy are a symbol of happiness and eternal youth both of which seem to be something to aspire to so I "needed one". Then I saw this:

Image

Ok it was expensive (£15) but complete came with 82 DMC skeins of thread and a huge piece of Aida which had a rusty needle in it. So if I pretend I just brought some more thread maybe I could claim I might have not broken my resolution :D

Jo