Page 1 of 2

Garnet's 2023 Stitch-a-long Update 28.2.23

Posted: Thu Jan 05, 2023 5:23 pm
by Garnet
Hello Lovelies,

Well, I was stitching Moira Blackburn's Oak Tree sampler, but when I needed to move the roller frame on to the long frame adapter for the Lowery I just could not get on with it at all, I hated not being able to flip my work to get to the back and the bar of the adapter was forever in the way, I did try stitching without the adapter and propping up the end of the roller frame with cushions, but nothing was working, so I put it aside for a while, I may try an R and R frame instead of the long roller frame, but worry about squashing the stitches, any thoughts?
It was about this time my lovely stitchy bug decided he had had enough too and went AWOL, so I did some knitting and crochet which can be found in All Other Crafts.
Towards the end of September my stitchy bug came back on the strict understanding we go a bit slower, so I made some cards and bookmarks and decorations, little things you understand so as not to scare him off . I didn't want to resurrect my old stitch-a-long, so I'll post them her if that's ok. (mods please feel free to move them)

Cards
Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Bookmarks again
Image

Image

Decorations
Image

Image

And this is my latest project, Alphone Mucha's Primrose by Orchidea, my start
Image

an update, I changed the colours in her hair so many times as the colours called for in the chart were simply too dark and didn't blend well.
Image

another update with completed hair. I think these shades work well.
Image

I have stitched more of her shoulders and dress but don't have a photo yet as the light is so bad at the moment.

Re: Garnet's 2023 Stitch-a-long

Posted: Thu Jan 05, 2023 7:53 pm
by wendywombat
A Veritable plethora of wonderful small beauties. :applesauce: :wub:
Your Stitchy Bug has gathered steam and what a delightful collection. :dance:
And the final piece is lovely and colourful. You've certainly made her hair perfect in those shades. Well done. :whoop:

Re: Garnet's 2023 Stitch-a-long

Posted: Thu Jan 05, 2023 8:16 pm
by mags
These are all wonderful. I love stitching small things, I get fed up with bigger projects and lose interest in them.

Re: Garnet's 2023 Stitch-a-long

Posted: Thu Jan 05, 2023 10:59 pm
by Roland
They are all so lovely.

Re: Garnet's 2023 Stitch-a-long

Posted: Fri Jan 06, 2023 1:13 am
by fccs
Those are all absolutely amazing!

Re: Garnet's 2023 Stitch-a-long

Posted: Fri Jan 06, 2023 8:55 am
by Serinde
What a collection! And the finishes are perfect, too. :applesauce: :applesauce:

Re: Garnet's 2023 Stitch-a-long

Posted: Fri Jan 06, 2023 3:19 pm
by rcperryls
Agree with everyone else! The small cards and projects are lovely and your bigger project looks great! The colors you chose for her hair looks perfect to me. Looking forward to more updates!

Carole
:dance:

Re: Garnet's 2023 Stitch-a-long Update 17.1.23

Posted: Tue Jan 17, 2023 2:50 pm
by Garnet
Hello Lovelies,

Thank you for your replies, you are ever so kind.

With the amount of snow we had overnight and the reflected light in the lounge, I was finally able to take a photo, so here's where I am now.

Image

I am loving stitching her, there is another lady like this called Feather I intend to stitch after this one unless the Oak Tree sampler starts calling.

Re: Garnet's 2023 Stitch-a-long Update 17.1.23

Posted: Tue Jan 17, 2023 3:55 pm
by Steam.Jo
I can see why you are loving doing this one she looks lovely :applesauce:

Jo

Re: Garnet's 2023 Stitch-a-long Update 17.1.23

Posted: Tue Jan 17, 2023 3:55 pm
by wendywombat
Excellent Progrees

BTW I've been using the reflected light from the snow here to stitch too! :wink:

Re: Garnet's 2023 Stitch-a-long Update 17.1.23

Posted: Tue Jan 17, 2023 7:03 pm
by Mabel Figworthy
What a lot of lovely projects, and great progress on the Mucha lady (I love his work)

Re: Garnet's 2023 Stitch-a-long Update 17.1.23

Posted: Wed Jan 18, 2023 12:49 am
by rcperryls
:applesauce: :applesauce: She is absolutely beautiful!

Carole
:dance:

Re: Garnet's 2023 Stitch-a-long Update 17.1.23

Posted: Wed Jan 18, 2023 9:34 am
by Serinde
rcperryls wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 12:49 am :applesauce: :applesauce: She is absolutely beautiful!

Carole
:dance:
Yes, indeed!!

Re: Garnet's 2023 Stitch-a-long Update 17.1.23

Posted: Wed Jan 18, 2023 2:29 pm
by Roland
She is lovely. :applesauce:

Our snow keeps getting rained into muck.

Re: Garnet's 2023 Stitch-a-long Update 26.1.23

Posted: Thu Jan 26, 2023 4:29 pm
by Garnet
Hello Lovelies,

Thank you ever so much for your kind replies.

I'm still working away on Primrose, she looks a bit gappy at the moment but that gap will have a lovely swirl of fabric between her bodice and her arm.

Image

I am really enjoying stitching her, and when she's finished I will have Feather to stitch too, so that's my stitching plans all sewn up (groan at unintentional pun) for the next few months, unless the Oak Tree sampler gets restless.

Re: Garnet's 2023 Stitch-a-long Update 26.1.23

Posted: Thu Jan 26, 2023 5:15 pm
by Mabel Figworthy
Nice shading, and you've got such good coverage, shows how neat your stitches are!

Re: Garnet's 2023 Stitch-a-long Update 26.1.23

Posted: Thu Jan 26, 2023 5:53 pm
by rcperryls
Great update. I am enjoying watching this one progress. I agree with Mabel that the shading is very well done and your stitching is really good.

Carole
:dance:

Re: Garnet's 2023 Stitch-a-long Update 26.1.23

Posted: Mon Feb 13, 2023 3:04 pm
by Garnet
Hello Lovelies, thank you both for you replies, you are ever so kind.

I had thought I had posted this update but obviously I hadn't.

Image

I have stitched a bit more than the little bit of the filmy scarf/shawl over her arm.

Re: Garnet's 2023 Stitch-a-long Update 13.2.23

Posted: Mon Feb 13, 2023 4:15 pm
by Roland
So beautiful. :wub:

Re: Garnet's 2023 Stitch-a-long Update 13.2.23

Posted: Mon Feb 13, 2023 4:29 pm
by Mabel Figworthy
Those flowers look gorgeous!