Page 1 of 3
Mabel's designs 2025
Posted: Wed Jan 01, 2025 3:22 pm
by Mabel Figworthy
I had hoped this would be my last finish of 2024, but a rather longer-than-expected outing with the grandchildren meant it is the first finish of 2025: argent nué with an overstretched pearl purl border.

Re: Mabel's designs 2025
Posted: Wed Jan 01, 2025 6:14 pm
by Serinde
Simply beautiful! What is the diameter?
Re: Mabel's designs 2025
Posted: Wed Jan 01, 2025 6:28 pm
by Mabel Figworthy
A little under 7cm including the optional border.
Re: Mabel's designs 2025
Posted: Sat Jan 04, 2025 12:34 pm
by Mabel Figworthy
The little silver heart I did is now finished as a brooch:

Re: Mabel's designs 2025
Posted: Sat Jan 04, 2025 12:56 pm
by Serinde
Beautiful! Bet you get lots of admiring comments.
Re: Mabel's designs 2025
Posted: Sat Jan 04, 2025 2:44 pm
by Mabel Figworthy
I'm planning to wear it to church tomorrow, so we'll see

. I hope the two girls may have turned their into brooches and wear them too, in which case I'll beg a photograph (just for my own records of course)
Re: Mabel's designs 2025
Posted: Mon Jan 13, 2025 7:19 pm
by Mabel Figworthy
Re: Mabel's designs 2025
Posted: Tue Jan 14, 2025 9:29 am
by Serinde
It is exactly that. I'm sure experienced stitchers will also see all sorts of interesting versions. Just so long as they don't publish them and claim rights, you're fine.
Re: Mabel's designs 2025
Posted: Tue Jan 14, 2025 12:55 pm
by Mabel Figworthy
It's such a simple design that it's difficult to claim copyright for it - the best I can hope for is to keep my instructions copyrighted!
Re: Mabel's designs 2025
Posted: Fri Jan 24, 2025 4:53 pm
by Mabel Figworthy
A bit more work on the companion piece to the forget-me-not, the snowdrop on gold. Hoping to do a bit more tomorrow!

Re: Mabel's designs 2025
Posted: Fri Jan 24, 2025 5:07 pm
by Steam.Jo
Lovely, especially for this time of the year
Jo
Re: Mabel's designs 2025
Posted: Fri Jan 24, 2025 5:10 pm
by Mabel Figworthy
I hadn't thought of that, having started it so long ago, but yes it is rather seasonal!
Re: Mabel's designs 2025
Posted: Mon Feb 03, 2025 12:54 pm
by Mabel Figworthy
A bit more snowdrop, and a little more peacock:

Re: Mabel's designs 2025
Posted: Mon Feb 03, 2025 3:47 pm
by Serinde
The snowdrop is perfectly lovely. As for that peacock... more cheeky and pleased with himself every time I see him.
Re: Mabel's designs 2025
Posted: Mon Feb 03, 2025 3:57 pm
by Mabel Figworthy
As he is not going to be a kit or chart pack (too difficult with all the variations) I am free to have fun with him and do whatever I please

Re: Mabel's designs 2025
Posted: Tue Feb 11, 2025 12:58 pm
by Mabel Figworthy
A mere two months after the course finished, the peacock has been completed. Good thing it didn't have a deadline... (More on
FoF)

Re: Mabel's designs 2025
Posted: Tue Feb 11, 2025 3:53 pm
by Steam.Jo

Another simple and wonderful design emerges from Mabel's needle.
You have finished your Peacock before me

I must get on with mine
Jo
Re: Mabel's designs 2025
Posted: Tue Feb 11, 2025 7:55 pm
by fccs
Stunning peacock!!
Re: Mabel's designs 2025
Posted: Mon Feb 17, 2025 5:08 pm
by Roland
It’s gorgeous.
Re: Mabel's designs 2025
Posted: Wed Apr 09, 2025 5:06 pm
by Mabel Figworthy
As a group of us were doing Contemplative Stitching at church last Friday, I stitched along as a demonstration piece, which became this (not turned into a brooch yet):
