Page 1 of 7

2026 Stash & Grab Virtual Pub

Posted: Thu Jan 01, 2026 10:15 am
by Serinde
A bit late opening this morning. The chimps decided they were indeed going to enjoy a noisy libation ahead of the bells. All set to rights now, and I'm having a large pot of tea.

Re: 2026 Stash & Grab Virtual Pub

Posted: Thu Jan 01, 2026 11:09 am
by Mabel Figworthy
I'll join you in a cuppa, with some of the left-over Christmas goodies (chocolates, biscuits, stollen, lebkuchen....)

Re: 2026 Stash & Grab Virtual Pub

Posted: Thu Jan 01, 2026 11:50 am
by Serinde
Leftover stollen? I'll help with that!

Re: 2026 Stash & Grab Virtual Pub

Posted: Wed Jan 28, 2026 9:07 am
by Serinde
Just a reiteration of some rules for talking politics in the Stash & Grab:
Be polite
Keep within the law
Check your facts
Golden Rule definitely applies

Re: 2026 Stash & Grab Virtual Pub

Posted: Wed Jan 28, 2026 10:14 am
by richardandtracy
Serinde wrote: Wed Jan 28, 2026 9:07 am Just a reiteration of some rules for talking politics in the Stash & Grab:
Be polite
Keep within the law
Check your facts
Golden Rule definitely applies
What a terrible disappointment. :roll:
Though, talking Politics often seems to be the conversational equivalent of detonating a hand grenade: a hand grenade which hurts lots of people. That is a very unwelcome outcome, and never desirable.

Regards,

Richard

Re: 2026 Stash & Grab Virtual Pub

Posted: Thu Jan 29, 2026 8:24 am
by Serinde
I find that, in an ideal situation, talking politics involves an awful lot of listening. :idea: In any case, I can't remember very many times when politics reared its ugly head here.

I am currently enjoying my morning cup of tea in the company of a sleeping marmoset. 8)

Re: 2026 Stash & Grab Virtual Pub

Posted: Thu Jan 29, 2026 9:21 am
by richardandtracy
Erm.

Is this normal morning company for you? Cat or dog is sufficient for most people, but a Marmoset.. definitely unusual.

Regards,

Richard.

Re: 2026 Stash & Grab Virtual Pub

Posted: Thu Jan 29, 2026 10:58 am
by Mabel Figworthy
It takes all sorts, as they say!

My lovely support animal has decided to be an office cat this morning, abandoning me for the master. Oh well, at least it reduces the amount of fur I'll be taking out of the house clinging to my dress....

Re: 2026 Stash & Grab Virtual Pub

Posted: Thu Jan 29, 2026 11:02 am
by Mabel Figworthy
The sort of office cat she would like to be:

Image

The sort of office cat DH allows her to be:

Image

Re: 2026 Stash & Grab Virtual Pub

Posted: Thu Jan 29, 2026 7:15 pm
by fccs
Jackson (cat) never joins me at my desk..until today. I was trying to work on my taxes (UGH) and he decided he had to jump on the shredder, up onto the scanner, and then across my desk. I would love to be able to read his mind....or would I????

Re: 2026 Stash & Grab Virtual Pub

Posted: Thu Jan 29, 2026 10:24 pm
by Mabel Figworthy
Image

Re: 2026 Stash & Grab Virtual Pub

Posted: Thu Jan 29, 2026 11:11 pm
by geekishly
Image

Joker taking over my lap cushion that I use for arm support while stitching.

Re: 2026 Stash & Grab Virtual Pub

Posted: Fri Jan 30, 2026 9:14 am
by richardandtracy
Gorgeous.

Regards,

Richard

Re: 2026 Stash & Grab Virtual Pub

Posted: Mon Feb 23, 2026 5:09 pm
by Serinde
Is it just me, or is the site really, really slow? My coffee's getting cold waiting for it to load (well, I exaggerate a bit, but not much). :neutral:

Re: 2026 Stash & Grab Virtual Pub

Posted: Mon Feb 23, 2026 8:45 pm
by Mabel Figworthy
Pretty speedy for me at the moment.

By the way, celebratory drinks all round - the Netherlands came third in the Olympic medal table, which isn't bad for a small country! OK, we did it all in pretty much one discipline (although longtrack and shorttrack skating do I think count as two separate ones, but well, they're both going fast on skates) but Im still proud of our athletes!

Re: 2026 Stash & Grab Virtual Pub

Posted: Wed Feb 25, 2026 9:39 am
by Serinde
And so you should be! I always root for the Orange in the skating disciplines! The UK did really well, too (pity about the curlers, but silver isn't shabby at all).

Re: 2026 Stash & Grab Virtual Pub

Posted: Wed Feb 25, 2026 12:01 pm
by richardandtracy
Agreed. Well done Netherlands.

Thought the UK did pretty well for such a snowy country..

Regards,

Richard

Re: 2026 Stash & Grab Virtual Pub

Posted: Wed Feb 25, 2026 2:12 pm
by Roland
I couldn’t really get into the Olympics this year. I usually enjoy watching the figure skating, but not so much this year.

I did love watching Alysa Liu (USA skater), whether she was skating or cheering on her team, she is what the Olympics should be. So much enthusiasm.

Re: 2026 Stash & Grab Virtual Pub

Posted: Thu Feb 26, 2026 10:18 am
by richardandtracy
She was exhaustingly excited all the time..

We watched a lot of skating online (Orianna got a subscription to TNT) and that was amazing. However, by the end the skaters were looking very tired with many having gone through the Team event, Mixed and singles events.

Personally, I enjoy the downhill & super G, and was so saddened for Lindsey Vonn that she crashed out so early in her race. On reflection, she shouldn't have gone with an injury, but I can fully understand why she did.

Regards,

Richard

Re: 2026 Stash & Grab Virtual Pub

Posted: Fri Feb 27, 2026 9:00 am
by Serinde
I can understand why Vonn wanted to, but I'm mystified as to why she did, already carrying an incompletely healed injury. What were her coaches thinking of, apart from the medals and headlines? That leg was mangled in the process, and I can't for a minute see how that was worth it. But I'm not a sporty person, so that probably explains it.