Page 1 of 46

Castles in the Air - SAL

Posted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 7:46 pm
by Lizzieh
Hope it's ok but thought it might be an idea to start a new thread here for anyone doing this SAL as I think there may be a couple of threads going.
So if anyone, unlike me, has got round to starting this maybe the pictures could go here.

I'm waiting..................

Re: Castles in the Air - SAL

Posted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 1:00 pm
by Mabel Figworthy
Have you seen that some people have already sent in progress pictures to the site :shock: ? They look lovely!

Re: Castles in the Air - SAL

Posted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 1:05 pm
by Busy_B
:shock: Wow! Fast stitching!

For those of you doing this and still trying to figure out colors (like me), she has put a few different combinations up in the newsletter area to give you some ideas.

Re: Castles in the Air - SAL

Posted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 1:13 pm
by coffee_freak
oh that's fantastic..just what i need..i may copy other's ideas..lol

Re: Castles in the Air - SAL

Posted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 1:38 pm
by lauramac
what is this?

Re: Castles in the Air - SAL

Posted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 2:21 pm
by coffee_freak
It's a sal from
http://www.papillon-creations.com/welcome_frame.htm" target="_blank

you have to pay fo the first part..every other part will be free..
first part will be up for 2mo. then each other parts, smaller, for one month.

i can't believe there are finishes already!

i'm going w/ the color choice example one!

as soon as i'm done the page of my castle..i'm going to start..but I think I'll do them individually..don't think I have fabric big enough on hand

Re: Castles in the Air - SAL

Posted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 2:35 pm
by coffee_freak
ack..i have 32ct fabric but it's not quite big enough...it's a few inches short on the one length..i have looked on a few sites..and w/ my paypal almost tapped out...not enough $$. I'll have to wait..or try to hit the craft store today and try my luck..
:fingers crossed:

Re: Castles in the Air - SAL

Posted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 8:01 am
by ~threadbear~
This is a gorgeous design. Are you all doing the cross stitch version or anyone going for the speciality stitches version?

Re: Castles in the Air - SAL

Posted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 8:36 am
by Kezzy
I am doing the speciality stitches version, got quite a bit done yesterday so will try and put a photo up later. I'm really enjoying trying out new stitches. I have chosen my own colours for those threads where choice is left to us, they didn't have the example lists up when I chose mine, quite pleased though as it's the first time I've used my own colour scheme - I usually stick to the colours listed in the chart or kit. Just hope they look alright when it's finished!!

Re: Castles in the Air - SAL

Posted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 9:37 am
by ~threadbear~
Kezzy is it the first time you've done these stitches? If so, I'm impressed with your bravery!
:applesauce: :applesauce:

Re: Castles in the Air - SAL

Posted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 12:30 pm
by coffee_freak
i'm doing regular cross stitches..but there are some specialty stitches in there..not many..not hard..
i got my colors chosen..just need to find fabric big enough..hopefully this weekend!

Re: Castles in the Air - SAL

Posted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 3:16 pm
by Kezzy
Yes, this is the first time I've done many of these types of stitches but I figured I've got to give it a go some time! We'll soon see how brave I am when I start moaning that I'm having to keep undoing it!

Re: Castles in the Air - SAL

Posted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:09 pm
by Lizzieh
Well I have made a very small start on this SAL.
Image

Image

One with flash and one without.
Think I am happy with it so far but not overly sure about my colour choice. I am actually doing it on 18count aida and using an antique ivory which has a sort of very slight colour wash over it. I shall see how it goes.
Liz

Re: Castles in the Air - SAL

Posted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:14 pm
by coffee_freak
:applesauce: i picked up 16ct white and it's aida..and size is 30x36 inches..i hope it will be big enough..lol. i chose my colors listed as example on the site and will start tomorrow!

Re: Castles in the Air - SAL

Posted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:18 pm
by Busy_B
Great start, Liz! :applesauce: I've got my colors picked out and fabric washed, I just need to figure out if I want to use the white or the black. I'll try to start on it this week, but I have a couple of other projects to work on plus my son is on spring break.

Re: Castles in the Air - SAL

Posted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 12:49 am
by Rose
That looks wonderful!!!!!!! :dance: Great start. I like the colors they look good together.

Re: Castles in the Air - SAL

Posted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 7:59 am
by ~threadbear~
I think that looks lovely Liz! :applesauce: :applesauce:
I love the bling on there. :wub:

Re: Castles in the Air - SAL

Posted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 10:59 am
by Mabel Figworthy
The gold works really well with it, Liz!

Re: Castles in the Air - SAL

Posted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 11:53 am
by Sarah Gixxer
This is a lovely project, you've made a great start, Liz! Looking forward to the next update.

Re: Castles in the Air - SAL

Posted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 12:01 pm
by Kezzy
It's looking great Liz, lovely colours.

I have made a start on mine but the camera isn't working :( am charging the batteries up for the old camera so hopefully by the end of today I should be able to put an update on here. :x: