Page 1 of 1

maderia

Posted: Wed May 06, 2009 5:39 pm
by Lisa
does anyone use this thread???

I love it and is my fave. but I am stuck on some storage soultions for it. They are in packs, which keep it all nice and clean :dance: and you can get hooks, somewhere, for them. I have one, and is currently full of threads and only has about 10 on there :shifty: and they are 379 colours :? I dont really fancy putting them on bobbins, as i like them in thier little homes.

also, does anyone know where i can get a colour shade chart, or even a shopping list so I can keep an eye of what colours I have

Re: maderia

Posted: Wed May 06, 2009 6:39 pm
by stdenny
I found this site which have numerical charts and colours charts which list families of colours. Hope this helps. :wink:
http://www.dakotacollectibles.com/comm/ ... _intro.asp.
Another one that may be of use. http://bellaluciadesigns.com/madeirathread.html. I think they are the wrong type of threads.

I have used Maderia threads in my Little Miss Name Sampler. It was a pleasure to use and they have a lovely sheen to them. :D. As for storage, I don't have a clue. :oops:

Re: maderia

Posted: Wed May 06, 2009 6:48 pm
by minij
I really like madeira threads as well but I have to agree I can't think of a good way to store them in their packets if you collect loads of them :thinks:

Re: maderia

Posted: Wed May 06, 2009 8:03 pm
by Raven
How about one of those boxes to store photographs? The packets can stand up in between, or depending how long they are, lay down on their sides, and number the dividers in number groups or color groups?

Raven

Re: maderia

Posted: Wed May 06, 2009 8:07 pm
by Lisa
thanks stdenny, thats what i after, 3 days of googling resulted in nothing :cry: i even ventured onto the German eBay as Maderia is a German company :shifty:

Raven, which photo boxes do you mean??

Re: maderia

Posted: Wed May 06, 2009 8:43 pm
by Jen2000
I think that Raven means something like this.

Picture:
Image

Re: maderia

Posted: Thu May 07, 2009 10:05 am
by Lisa
thanks all
raven you gave me an idea,and have just bought this
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... %26otn%3D2" target="_blank

for the stranded cotton

and i have a fair few silks and decora which are in a smaller packet so I have ordered one of these

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... %26otn%3D2" target="_blank

Re: maderia

Posted: Thu May 07, 2009 10:45 am
by ~threadbear~
They look great Lisa! :applesauce: :applesauce:

Re: maderia

Posted: Thu May 07, 2009 9:32 pm
by poppett67
I always used to stitch with Madeira but since moving down South I have found it increasingly hard to find a stockist. I stored mine in the way you say you don't want to though. I wound them all on bobbins and stored in numerical order in a plastic box. (or should I say three of them!)

Re: maderia

Posted: Fri May 08, 2009 7:47 am
by ~threadbear~
Poppet, couldn't you still them get them online? Seems a shame if you really like stitching with them to have to give up. :)

Re: maderia

Posted: Fri May 08, 2009 10:25 am
by Jilly
http://www.threadsite.co.uk/tandem/thre ... eirah.html" target="_blank

A very trustworthy company Poppett :D

Re: maderia

Posted: Sat May 09, 2009 8:42 am
by mejaflora
Now I feel like adding Madeira to my shop! Are they better than DMC? Ive just added DMC threads and soon Kreinik as well. Im sooo checking Madeira's website rite now :P

I'm still iffy on adding Dinky Dyes, a little pricey and I have no clue how widely used are they.

Re: maderia

Posted: Sat May 09, 2009 10:17 pm
by poppett67
Thank you threadbare and Jilly, I will certainly have a look online. There is one particular thread I need to finish off a big Betty Boop project I started ages ago.

Re: maderia

Posted: Sat May 09, 2009 10:55 pm
by Lisa
the boxes came today :dance:

and i have already filled the one up :oops:

Image

it is holding 42 threads, which is a fair amount :D but I think I will have a look for some wider ones, and keep this box for the varigated :thinks: i like the depth though

Re: maderia

Posted: Sun May 10, 2009 11:36 pm
by ~threadbear~
Looks the perfect size Lisa, depth wise. Hope you can get a wider one.