Christmas Ideas [Advice?]

For all topics which do not fit in the other categories.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

MaggieM1750

Re: Christmas Ideas [Advice?]

Post by MaggieM1750 »

Thank you.. yes, I found a few pickling recipes as well... but it was all too late. According to the many websites I read, botulism starts growing within 2-3 days. Sealed containers are the perfect place.. low acid and low oxygen levels. Now that I have a pressure cooker.. I'll try the beans again next year. Some regular, some pickled. (Pickled beans in a Bloody Mary.. yummm!)
Crafteresa

Post by Crafteresa »

if you have any thinkers or ponderers who like to journal
try this Journal in a jar idea
http://christmas.organizedhome.com/gift ... ournal-jar" target="_blank
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

WIP
To Be Blessed Dimensions chart
Home is Where Your Honey is from Joan Elliot book
http://just-me-crafteresa.blogspot.com" target="_blank

maeflowers

Post by maeflowers »

Just wanted to say that I've been picking up tons of items here and there for my Christmas gifts, many things I've gotten on sale for very low prices and am doing well with that. I am very into online shopping and am even earning cash back on some purchases that I've been making. :)

I also decided that I want to try making candles this year to put in my gifts, and a friend is going to help me! I have been very very busy these past few months (not even much time to stitch at all, sniff sniff) so most things that I am giving are purchased, so I am glad that I started so early and am able to find such good deals.

I am definitely wanting to plan a bake swap this year for my friends. Loved all the ideas that I got from this thread, I hope it can help others to brainstorm as well.
WIP's
Happy Heart
Honey Bear
John Deere

ImageImage
maeflowers

Post by maeflowers »

Midge wrote:In the jar you put all the dry ingredients for cookies in layers in the jar - including the goodies like choc chips, M&M's or fruit and nuts. Then pop on the lid and a fancy fabric lid secured with an elastic band. All you need to do then is write a label explaing what to do i.e. how much butter to add, the method and oven temp.
Start saving 12oz jars (or whatever size your recipe is) if you wanna do it.
I can give more ifo if you need it.
I would love to try this, as well! My MIL has a ton of mason jars she isn't using and so I am free to use them!
WIP's
Happy Heart
Honey Bear
John Deere

ImageImage