Sort of a new member.

Welcome to our forum. This is the place to introduce yourself, if you wish.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

corby_stitcher

Sort of a new member.

Post by corby_stitcher »

Hello all members new and old. I'm not exactly a new member, but I've not been on here for ages.
Had a lot of thing going on in my life over the last 18 months.

my father was taken ill, so we moved him in with us, had a lot of building work done on the house, so he would have his own self contained area to live in.
and things where going fine. until we found out that his illness was a lot worse than the doctors first diagnosed.
He was diagnosed with cancer 14 months ago and unfortunately passed away in December last year.
also we had to rehome our beloved black lab Scooby, because with everything going on, we just did not have the time to give him the love and care he deserved.

so as you can expect I've not been in any frame of mind to do any stitching since then.
although I'm no where near over the loss, I'm slowly beginning to get the stitch bug back.
I'm not stitching anything at the moment, but looking to start again soon.

so please accept my apologies for not being on here, and I look forward to reading back on all the posts that have been posted while I've been away.

Dave
WIP -

Stitch List -
Country Threads - Down On His Luck.
Bearded Dragon - Charted by Skitzzzzz.
dawn0621

Re: Sort of a new member.

Post by dawn0621 »

Sad that you lost your dad, but seriously you gave up your dog? That's just wrong.
Dawn
:wip:
Italian Vista
HAEDs - Autumn, Come Together, Sunflower Bee, I Put a Spell on You
Save a Horse, Ride a Cowboy
I Believe in Santa
Autumn Leaves Bookmark
Autumn from Etsy

Finished ~Hummingbirds

sleeplessstitcher916 on Instagram
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

:hug: I am so sorry to hear about your loss. Take the time you need to do your grieving and eventually what you will focus on and remember are the good times and the funny times and the tender moments you spent with him. You'll know when its ready to start stitching again. And it's good to hear from you, even if the news is sad.

Carole
:wub:
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
Cecilia

Post by Cecilia »

Sorry to hear you've been having difficult times recently. :hug:
Completed 2017: Anniversary Sampler by The Sweetheart Tree

Love comforteth like sunshine after rain. Shakespeare
mouselady

Post by mouselady »

I am so sorry to hear of your loss and the hard times you have gone through. It will take time but the happy memories will start to overcome the sad times and life will return to normal. Your father will always be with you. My father passed away 14 years ago, and I still feel him everytime I watch a baseball game. And now when I do think of him at the game it is a happy thought and a smile comes to my face. He gave me my love of baseball and I am sure your father gave you a love of things that he will live on in forever. Take your time in healing.
Desiree

WIP:
Lobo - HAED
Faces of Joan Elliot SAL
Friendly Felines

2016 Finishes:
Joan Elliot Birth Announcement
Flower of the Month - July
12 Days of Christmas
fccs

Post by fccs »

I'm so sorry for your loss. It's hard to lose a parent. I was a daddy's girl and when I lost him, it was hard. It gets better, it just takes time. And then to have to part with your dog at the same time, that just doubles the pain. I hope you can get another furbaby; they bring such joy to our lives.
Debby

(main) WIPs
Angel of Love
Book of Mythical Creatures
Cache la Poudre
Past Present Forever
Fishing Friends
tiffstitch

Post by tiffstitch »

Good to see you back Dave, although I'm very sorry to hear of your father's passing, and that you had to give up Scooby. A very difficult decision, but sounds like the right thing for your family at the time. :hug: I hope things continue to improve for you as you deal with your losses.
mags

Post by mags »

So sorry about your Dad and also that you had to give up your dog. You've obviously had an awful time, hopefully things are now picking up for you. :hug:
mags

WIPs:
Heritage Tower Bridge (yes still :roll: )
various bits and bobs
Squirrel

Post by Squirrel »

Dave :wave: Welcome Back its really lovely to see you posting again.

I am so sorry that you 'lost' your father. It takes time to get over these losses that is for sure.
Delighted that you are posting again and especially that the stitchy bug is stirring into life. Looking forward to seeing what you start up with. :lol:
Sally in Brisbane Australia

WIPS
Christmas Stocking from World of Cross Stitching mag. 262
littleturtlegirl

Post by littleturtlegirl »

Welcome officially to the forum from Virginia! :wave: