Reconnecting

Please feel free to join in on our SAL

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde

wwdiva

Reconnecting

Post by wwdiva »

Spring is here and I am gradually emerging from my seasonal funk! :dance:
I do suffer from Seasonal Affective disorder so when the days are dark, so am I. I feel pain more acutely and slip into myself. I work in a government public service position, so by the time I hang it together at work, I have nothing left for others.
With the longer daylight hours and the sun peeking out every so often, I feel a weight lifting and start feeling better. Now it's time to reconnect with all you wonderful people and leave my lurking status behind and start being involved again :-D
I haven't posted an update of WIPs in forever and even some of the finishes.
So warning... This is picture heavy :camera: :camera: :camera: :camera:
Some Christmas gift finishes.
Unframed last minute finishes that were given to DH and DS. Getting framed soon.
And now WIPS..
My goddaughter is expecting her first baby in May, so a birth announcement by Vervaco. I have also been crocheting some things as well. This is my prime focus right now. When it's done, I will move into a rotation.
This is a Vervaco bookmark I am working on my lunch hour. Almost done.
I'm stalled on my Paris Market. Still working out how to get to the left side with shoulder issues. I guess I will have to get it on a hoop and do in shorter sessions.
And last in my to-do rotation. A pumpkin. I had to put this one away when dealing with cataracts but no reason now to leave it any longer.
Where I am ...
And what it will look like when done...
Now that I have taken the time (a much needed day off today) to put this on the forum, I am hoping it gets me going again and removes my guilt in not being more involved with this amazing group.
Please know that I have enjoyed all your projects this past winter, and worried for you when life was less than grand. It wasn't that I didn't care. SAD just leaves you emotionally unable to move into a social environment.
But I'm back and looking forward to a spring/summer filled with wonderful stitching experiences with you.
Thanks for looking at my update.
And truly...
Cheers :toast:
coolpenguin

Re: Reconnecting

Post by coolpenguin »

Welcome back! I also suffer from SAD and I am so glad to have more daylight! However, we did have snow yesterday!

I think I'm doing the same baby project from Vervaco as you. Is it the baby feet in the parents hands? If so, that's the one I'm about to start. I've never done anything from Vervaco and I'm so worried about running out of floss because there would be no way to replace it, with them being located in Belgium and me in the States. Guess I'd have to match it up to DMC, not something I would be happy to do.

Your projects look lovely!
WIP's
various mini's
OCEAN ABC

Finished in 2017
See my Stitch a Long
perftangel

Post by perftangel »

I love the pumpkin from AAN!! Can't wait to see you stitching it up. :D
wwdiva

Post by wwdiva »

coolpenguin wrote:Welcome back! I also suffer from SAD and I am so glad to have more daylight! However, we did have snow yesterday!

I think I'm doing the same baby project from Vervaco as you. Is it the baby feet in the parents hands? If so, that's the one I'm about to start. I've never done anything from Vervaco and I'm so worried about running out of floss because there would be no way to replace it, with them being located in Belgium and me in the States. Guess I'd have to match it up to DMC, not something I would be happy to do.

Your projects look lovely!
Thanks for the kudos.
My Vervaco is just the baby feet. I am almost done and have no fear about running out of the thread. Lots left. That said, I am very careful and don't hop around more than 3 or 4 stitches. My biggest problem with both the Vervaco projects is they use symbols that are very similar so it is tough to make them out . Especially with the baby feet being such gradual colour changes. I use a highlighter to mark what I have done and that helps.
I have enjoyed doing it and love the beauty of these baby designs.
Cheers :toast:
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

:wave: Welcome back. And with such beautiful updates!!! Its finally starting to feel like Spring here too which is way late for us. My kitties have abandoned my lap for open windows and doors and sunshine. Glad to know that you were "lurking" as you said, which is fine though I'm so glad that you will be posting again. More than that, just glad that you are feeling better. Looking forward to more updates. I also really love that pumpkin design!

Carole
:wub:
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
Squirrel

Post by Squirrel »

:wave: :wave: Welcome back and your projects are so beautiful, thanks for sharing them.

I too suffer a little with SAD and endless grey days leaving me rather grumpy and not nice to be around. However up here in the so called winterless north helps a lot. :lol:
Sally in Brisbane Australia

WIPS
Christmas Stocking from World of Cross Stitching mag. 262
Rose

Post by Rose »

Very nice!!!!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
If you are looking for some one to help change you, look in the mirror