Cross Stitcher's Ward 2014

For all topics which do not fit in the other categories.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

Mrs_Stitcher

Re: Cross Stitcher's Ward 2014

Post by Mrs_Stitcher »

They have just had the meeting to Shortlist so hopefully will find out today if I get an interview!!

If I prepare my IBS should be ok, when I know the date of interview I'll book the day off so I can prepare and relax.

Thanks for your luck guys.
24/08/10 - We Met
18/08/11 - He popped the question
20/07/12 - We wed
01/03/14 - I fell in love with xstitching
meganh

Post by meganh »

Prayers and crossed fingers to you :D :D
Seeds of Friendship
Mermaids(Country Cottage Kids)
Various smalls and Christmas ornaments
Dessert makes me Happy
CCN Mermaids
Christmas Ornament SAL
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

Definitely keeping :x: for you. Sounds like you have a good plan for preparing for the hoped for interview. If you get a bit nervous, pop in here for a :tea: and lots of TLC too!

Carole
:wub:
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
Mrs_Stitcher

Post by Mrs_Stitcher »

Back again though not about the interview (I didn't get shortlisted)

I'm here because I've just got back from A&E, I've fainted in the bathroom and cracked my head open, thankfully no stitches (well I should have had 1 but I said no) All my face is sore where I hit the tiles. Bed rest for me, DH is staying home cause hospital say I'm not allowed to be alone. I feel fine honestly :bandaid:
24/08/10 - We Met
20/07/12 - We wed
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

You poor thing! Sit here quietly but no sleeping for YOU! Suspect they are worried about concussion, so we'll look after you as well. :bandaid: :cake:
Angel

Post by Angel »

Enjoy the attention, it's for your own good.
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

:hug: :hug: I used to faint all the time (and always in inconvenient places, the worst being years and years ago in the lobby of the Lyric Opera House in Chicago. I am not an opera fan but a friend of mine talked me into going and that was the result). My blood pressure was very low at the time and it was like it "bottomed out". Now I tend to higher BP. Do you know what caused you to faint?? I used to come out of a faint feeling totally refreshed. Of course, I never cracked my head open (These days slipping and falling is more my speed). Rest up and follow doctor's orders at home and Dr. Serinde's orders in here. :x: you will be feeling much better soon.

Carole
WIPs
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
Mrs_Stitcher

Post by Mrs_Stitcher »

Thanks guys not been asleep, DH has taken me to my aunties and his nans to try keep me up.

Dr at hospital said I was dehydrated, I'd had the squits :oops: though and felt sick. He said my BP dropped when I got up off loo that's why I fainted.

I'm now hurting everywhere especially the left side of my face.
24/08/10 - We Met
20/07/12 - We wed
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

You have all my sympathy and empathy. :hug: :hug: My worst fall was a year and a half ago which resulted in all sorts of dental work and big bruises all over my face. My last two slips have done no damage except for bruises (slipped on a wet spot in the kitchen and in the hallway - I watch more closely where I walk now), but it does hurt when it happens. Take care of yourself. Better yet let the aunts and the nans and your DH take care of you and I'm sure you will feel better soon.

Carole
WIPs
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Mrs_Stitcher

Post by Mrs_Stitcher »

Think I'm on the mend now guys, had to be brought home from work yesterday, then slept from 11am to 4:15pm, but really feel loads better today. I'm up and stitching again yay!
24/08/10 - We Met
20/07/12 - We wed
cairee

Post by cairee »

glad you're feeling better! :hug: Happy stitching!
:wip:
Mables 2016 SAL
Holland Springtime Mandalla (chatelaine)
LD282

Post by LD282 »

Well! Early this morning I got up to go to the loo and somehow pulled a muscle in my neck/upper back next to my shoulder blade. I got a bit of a fright(was still 1/2 asleep) and must have got up too quickly because when I got to the loo I fainted and hit my face on a ledge of my shower!!! So not only do I have a sore neck and can barely move my head but I have a lovely swollen/ throbbing cheek :( :(

Luckily my mum is here to help me with my girls! My husband is abroad working at the mo!

So it will be a day of rest for me I think. Not sure if I will be able to any stitching tho which is a shame, a nice relaxing day and might not be able to do any stitching :tantrum:

WIPs
A Treasured Time
A Kiss For Snowman
Ballet Shoes
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

Stay in the ward for as long as you need to. :hug: Rest and relaxation are what you need. Sounds like you didn't break any bones which is definitely good, but I know, unfortunately from experience, how painful a fall like that can be. The only good thing I could think of when I fell on my face was that I had a great excuse to drink milkshakes. :oops: Which are best here in our Ward since they are all calorie free. Hope you are feeling better soon. Probably wouldn't hurt to check in with your doctor to make sure the fainting was due to your still being have asleep.

Carole
WIPs
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Rose

Post by Rose »

Oh no that is terrible......poor thing. :hug: That hug was very gentle, do not want to cause any further pain.
If you are looking for some one to help change you, look in the mirror
LD282

Post by LD282 »

Thank you ladies! Still very sore today although the swelling in my face has went down quite a bit! I would like to say that I am taking it easy today but unfortunately it is not possible! :(

WIPs
A Treasured Time
A Kiss For Snowman
Ballet Shoes
LastingAllure

Post by LastingAllure »

Aww hope it gets better soon LD282! :hug:

I finally get my surgery for my lymph node on the 8th of September :shock: they are knocking me out for it and taking the whole thing out to run a bunch of tests on it. Going to be nice to finally have the darn thing out, has been pressing up against nerves for as long as I can remember and causing me pain. Kind of excited, kind of scared.

At least I should be fully recovered for my brother's wedding at the end of the month :whoop: opted for a non halter dress just in case it is still a little sore.
LastingAllure

Post by LastingAllure »

Results came back and everything is benign. :whoop: I was cross stitching just a few hours after my procedure and haven't been sleeping lots. No infection either in the wound and every day I am getting more movement in the neck. I can get up close and personal with my stitching again hehe :oops:
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

:whoop: :whoop: Benign results are wonderful!! And once you heal from the surgery you will be pain free! Back to stitching and to sleeping better now that you don't have to worry about it!

Carole
:dance:
WIPs
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Rose

Post by Rose »

That is awesome!!!!!!! :whoop:
If you are looking for some one to help change you, look in the mirror
karen4bells

Post by karen4bells »

That is fantastic news!!! :whoop: :whoop: :whoop:
Work in Progress
Dimensions Passion Flower Angel
Tempting Tangles Welcome SAL