Hi!

Welcome to our forum. This is the place to introduce yourself, if you wish.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

JackieC

Hi!

Post by JackieC »

Hi everyone,

I've been cross-stitching on and off for a few years, as well as knitting and dressmaking. I'm nowhere near as expert as my mum, who made some beautiful stuff. The back of her work was always so neat, whereas mine - well, the less said the better. She's no longer with us but I was fortunate to have inherited her large collection of threads, Aida and other lovely things. So I'm looking forward to learning here and hopefully I can do my mum proud!
rcperryls

Re: Hi!

Post by rcperryls »

:wave: Hi Jackie and welcome to the forum from South Carolina! I am sorry that you lost your mother, but what a wonderful gift she left for you. What types of projects do you like to stitch? I hope you will post pictures for us to see. We love pictures! Looking forward to getting to know you.

Carole
:D
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
JackieC

Post by JackieC »

rcperryls wrote::wave: Hi Jackie and welcome to the forum from South Carolina! I am sorry that you lost your mother, but what a wonderful gift she left for you. What types of projects do you like to stitch? I hope you will post pictures for us to see. We love pictures! Looking forward to getting to know you.

Carole
:D
Hi Carole from across the Pond! I'm not really a fan of fluffy and cute stuff, what I like to do is realistic nature and animal designs. I've just finished 3 kits - a bookmark of Stonehenge, a White Rose of Yorkshire and one of the Callanish stone circle that I bought when I went to the Isle of Lewis. One thing that I inherited from my mum is a gorgeous book, Wild Flowers in Cross Stitch - it has a couple of gorgeous cushions that may well end up as a winter project.
karen4bells

Post by karen4bells »

:wave: Hello Jackie and welcome to the forum
Work in Progress
Dimensions Passion Flower Angel
Tempting Tangles Welcome SAL
Various small designs

Serinde

Post by Serinde »

Welcome to the forum from the West of Scotland! :wave: Lewis is a fabulous place. Don't suppose you have pics of your pieces... we love :camera:
fccs

Post by fccs »

Hello from Colorado and welcome o the forum. I hope you'll share pictures of your projects.
Debby

(main) WIPs
Angel of Love
Book of Mythical Creatures
Cache la Poudre
Past Present Forever
Fishing Friends
Squirrel

Post by Squirrel »

:wave: Hi Jackie and Welcome from me too, its great to have you along with us. I am so sorry to learn that you mum died but you can remember her when you use her threads and fabrics etc. Love the sound of the Book of Wildflowers and I hope we see some of them as you work them. :D
Sally in Brisbane Australia

WIPS
Christmas Stocking from World of Cross Stitching mag. 262
vanessanjf

Post by vanessanjf »

Hello and welcome :wave:
Vanessa

A little progress every day adds up to big results

WIP
The adoration of the kings- Golden kite completed
lavenderbee

Post by lavenderbee »

Hello & welcome from North Wales :D Sorry you lost your mum but lovely you inherited her cross stitch things. The book sounds lovely. Look forward to seeing your work on here :D
lavenderbee :-)

stitching is beewitching

Things only become problems if you let them
fiddler

Post by fiddler »

Welcome to the forum :wave:
JackieC

Post by JackieC »

Thank you everyone for such a warm welcome - I'm a bit snowed under here for a week or so, but once things have settled down I'll get round to posting some pics.
JackieC

Post by JackieC »

Just a quick question - I did promise to post pics of the things that I've recently completed, which is the best thread to do this please?
lavenderbee

Post by lavenderbee »

Hello again Jackie. I use Photobucket as it seems to be easiest. Occasionally it does have a problem posting pics but on the whole it is OK. Perhaps someone else has other ideas but I think Photobucket is a popular one. Ladies on the knitting forum I am on favour it too :D
lavenderbee :-)

stitching is beewitching

Things only become problems if you let them
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

This thread, Posting Pictures into a Thread explains how to post a picture. If you are interested in trying Photobucket (I have had very few problems with it, but sometimes it doesn't want to cooperate), there is an app for iPads in the App Store. I haven't used it much for the forum, as I usually post from my computer, but I would think the process is pretty similar. Looking forward to lots of pictures!

Carole
:dance:
WIPs
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
JackieC

Post by JackieC »

Thanks Lavenderbee and Carole, though what I asked was which thread to post them on - however the info you posted was extremely useful! So, I take it that I can't just upload them from My Pictures, but I need to upload them somewhere else first?
Squirrel

Post by Squirrel »

a lot of us load our pics from computer or phone to photobucket which is a free site. From there it is a matter of clicking on "thumbnail" beneath each picture and control v to paste it into the thread.

Hope this helps :D
Sally in Brisbane Australia

WIPS
Christmas Stocking from World of Cross Stitching mag. 262
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

JackieC wrote:Thanks Lavenderbee and Carole, though what I asked was which thread to post them on
Depending on the project, many of us start a thread in the SAL section for individual projects. Some members like to have one thread for all their project updates. And then there is a thread for Small Projects that anyone can post in. Hope that is clear and helps you decide. If a thread is in the wrong section (not really a big deal) one of us moderators can move it for you. What matters is that you are able to post pictures so that we can see your progress and encourage you on.

Carole
:dance:
WIPs
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat