StitchinWitch's WIPs and Finishes (update 12 Nov. pg 3)

Please feel free to join in on our SAL

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde

rcperryls

Re: StitchinWitch's WIPs and Finishes (update 17 Oct pg 2)

Post by rcperryls »

:applesauce: :applesauce: Beautiful finish!!! I am sure this will be a much loved gift!
(and we are very good at keeping secrets)

Carole
:wub:
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
karen4bells

Post by karen4bells »

:applesauce: :applesauce: :applesauce: Awesome finish and it looks amazing with your changes!!
Work in Progress
Dimensions Passion Flower Angel
Tempting Tangles Welcome SAL
Various small designs

AlwaysGoofy

Post by AlwaysGoofy »

That's a beautiful finish...and done in such a short time. As for the reference -- I know I'm the not the first to get it -- it's from "Beauty and the Beast."

Thanks for sharing the picture of your finish. It's lovely.
AlwaysGoofy's Blog with Cross Stitching, Quilting, and My Love of All Things Disney: http://goofinoffaroundtheblock.blogspot.com/
tiffstitch

Post by tiffstitch »

Nice finish!
lavenderbee

Post by lavenderbee »

That is great, what a lovely project. Well done :applesauce: :applesauce: :D
lavenderbee :-)

stitching is beewitching

Things only become problems if you let them
StitchinWitch

Re: StitchinWitch's WIPs and Finishes (update 25 Oct pg 2)

Post by StitchinWitch »

Well, I have a bit of good news, and a lot of bad news.

The good news is that I started my first HAED - I got the pattern on clearance, and searched my whole stash of threads and found that I had all but one color for the chart. I even had the fabric in my stash. It's 18 count Aida, and since it's a relatively small HAED, I figured I'd use the 18 count to make it a tiny bit bigger than stitching it on 25 count would make it.

It's called Peek a Boo Fairy With Dried Flowers, with the artwork by Jasmine Becket-Griffith
Design size: 200 W by 185 H

Now for the bad news.

My mom has been losing weight for a few months now, ever since she broke her hip the end of May. Since Monday she's been in the hospital. Today we got the news that they found a mass on her liver and multiple spots on her lungs. The nurses and doctors have been talking to me about hospice care. My dad passed in 07, and my grandmother (my mom's mom) is 92 and has no idea how sick my mom (her daughter) really is. There's no one else but me and my husband to handle this, and I'm starting to lose my mind trying to keep track of everything (doctors appointments, kiddos Girl Scouts and soccer, my own work schedule, husbands work schedule, etc).
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

I am so sorry to hear about your mom. It is never ever easy to deal with that kind of news. It's important that you take care of yourself besides all the other things you listed that are on your plate. It is so easy to become overwhelmed. Sounds like you have a pretty good handle on this. Remember this is a good place to come if you need somewhere to get away for a while. Hopefully what time you have for stitching will be time that you can use to recharge yourself. Looking forward to your updates on your Peek a Boo Fairy. Looks like you have made a good start on her :applesauce: :applesauce: .

Carole
WIPs
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
karen4bells

Post by karen4bells »

My thoughts and prayers are with your mother and your family at this time!! I hope that stitching brings some sort of relief for you. You've made a wonderful start on this!!!
Work in Progress
Dimensions Passion Flower Angel
Tempting Tangles Welcome SAL
Various small designs

lavenderbee

Re: StitchinWitch's WIPs and Finishes (update 25 Oct pg 3)

Post by lavenderbee »

I am so very sorry to hear about your mother & send prayers & loving thoughts your way. You certainly have a lot on your hands but hope you can occasionally do some x stitching to help you gain a bit of stress relief. It is never easy watching someone so ill. And as has been said before there is always this forum when you need a friend or two to help you along the toughest sections of the road you have to travel. Take care of yourself as well as others tho. It is easy to overlook yourself when so many depend on you :)
lavenderbee :-)

stitching is beewitching

Things only become problems if you let them
AlwaysGoofy

Post by AlwaysGoofy »

It's nice to see you've started on a HAED. Hopefully, it can bring a mental and emotional break when you need it through these trying times you've got going.

Everyone's experience is different, but I have been there with aging relatives before and know the time and toll it can take. I did have other family members around who could have helped but because I "worked from home" they thought that meant I had more time to take care of everything. What it usually meant was that I "working" all night and helping my loved one during the day--many nights of only two to three hours of sleep. On the bright side, I don't regret the time I spent with relatives on hospice. As hard as it was, those times are extra special looking back on it. I had experiences that my siblings missed out on because they were happy to let me do everything.

My thoughts are with you. Be sure to take care of yourself, too, when you need it.
AlwaysGoofy's Blog with Cross Stitching, Quilting, and My Love of All Things Disney: http://goofinoffaroundtheblock.blogspot.com/
richardandtracy

Post by richardandtracy »

So sorry to hear about your mother. It is hard. My mother died 10 years ago, 6 weeks after being diagnosed with pancreatic cancer that had spread. Very, very hard to cope with. I wish you all the best.

Best wishes,

Richard.
http://www.chestnutpens.co.uk
Free Charting Program for PC's Info Zip Installation
19Roland19

Post by 19Roland19 »

So sorry to hear about your mother.
Mabel Figworthy

Post by Mabel Figworthy »

I'm very sorry to hear about your mother, and wish you all the strength and peace you need to cope with this time.
Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk
WIPs
Elizabethan Beauty, RSN Certificate & Online
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits

Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
fccs

Post by fccs »

I'm sorry to hear about your mom's health issues. Like others said, I hope you can find some escape in your stitching and be sure to take care of you so you can help take care of her. And we are always here when you need a shoulder.
Debby

(main) WIPs
Angel of Love
Book of Mythical Creatures
Cache la Poudre
Past Present Forever
Fishing Friends
tiffstitch

Post by tiffstitch »

Oh no! I'm so sorry to hear about your mother's diagnosis and that her care is falling entirely on your shoulders. I hope you can find a way to organize and manage with everything. :hug: and keep us posted if you can.

If you have any time for stitching, that has helped me through hugely stressful situations in the past. Your start looks great.
StitchinWitch

Post by StitchinWitch »

Well, it's been very slow stitching for me. Mom has been having MRI's, CAT scans, PET scans, it's like alphabet soup trying to keep up with everything that's been going on with her.

This is my very little progress - I brought the wrong page to kiddo's soccer practice and only got the bottom right corner done in tent stitch, I still have to go back over and make the full cross. But, any progress is good progress.

Squirrel

Re: StitchinWitch's WIPs and Finishes (update 12 Nov. pg 3)

Post by Squirrel »

I definitely agree with you that any stitching is progress. Sending love and prayers to you, hubby, family and your dear mum and grandma.
A very difficult time for sure and any stitching accomplished is well worth the peace of mind it brings with it.
Sally in Brisbane Australia

WIPS
Christmas Stocking from World of Cross Stitching mag. 262
AlwaysGoofy

Post by AlwaysGoofy »

Yep, any stitching is progress. :D Thanks for sharing your picture.
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

Squirrel wrote:I definitely agree with you that any stitching is progress. Sending love and prayers to you, hubby, family and your dear mum and grandma.
A very difficult time for sure and any stitching accomplished is well worth the peace of mind it brings with it.
I completely agree!! Both on the stitching and on sending you love and prayers :wub:

Carole
WIPs
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Mumto4cats

Post by Mumto4cats »

Sending you and your family love and prayers. Try and look after yourself as well, I was in a similar position, and ended up with a cough and laryngitis for four months.
Lou =^..^=