Stash and Grab 2016

For all topics which do not fit in the other categories.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

wendywombat

Re: Stash and Grab 2016

Post by wendywombat »

I like my malt unadulterated by water or ice.

I'll have a Large one please. Promise not to throw the glass at the :ribbit: as I see you're using your best Edinburgh Crystal tumblers for the 10th anniversary celebrations 8)

I've pulled out most of the centre stitching. I can't face re stitching until I've calmed down with that dram!
on second thoughts....better leave it until tomorrow! :wink:
mysterystitcher

Post by mysterystitcher »

I'm sorry for you all. :ribbit: is not any nice guest. I get those "Mr. Murphy" days sometimes too. No knitting manages, and one better be cautious when one is stitching, especially when using black on black. But black on black has one advantage. The mistakes are so well hidden one barely sees them.
Best: MysteryStitcher

My needlepoint blog: http://mysteriousstitching.blogspot.com

My knitting blog: https://mysteriousknitting.blogspot.com
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

wendywombat wrote:I like my malt unadulterated by water or ice.

I'll have a Large one please. Promise not to throw the glass at the :ribbit: as I see you're using your best Edinburgh Crystal tumblers for the 10th anniversary celebrations 8)

I've pulled out most of the centre stitching. I can't face re stitching until I've calmed down with that dram!
on second thoughts....better leave it until tomorrow! :wink:
Waterford, pull-eese! Anyway, the :anotherfrog: seems to have a new trick: KNOTTING THREAD. :x Also selective blindness -- I almost left out Mabel's eyelets!! :tizzy:

Had an idea about the centre stitching on the other SAL, and will put it into the other thread.
wendywombat

Post by wendywombat »

Delicious Malt...it has restored me and I'm ready to tackle anything.
Sorry I thought your beautiful Waterford Crystal tumbler was from the Edinburgh crystal stable!!! :doh: I was That Mad at the :ribbit: that my vision was impaired....and that was Before the wee dram! :lol:

Better set too and tidy this place after the :anotherfrog: fry now!!
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

Yes, I'll help. I think we managed to dispatch many of the little blighters: off to that frog pond in the sky... 8)
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

The bar is open to everyone after the trauma of DomainNameGate. Golly! Your choices of :wine: :coffee: :tea: :cake: :choc: :icecream: and whatever your hearts' desire! I would suggest enjoying the Northern Lights from the treehouse, but there's a gale blowing! (thanks to Storm Jonas... Ta, y'all)
fccs

Post by fccs »

It's good to be back. I'll take a Chocolate Moon, please. :)
Debby

(main) WIPs
Angel of Love
Book of Mythical Creatures
Cache la Poudre
Past Present Forever
Fishing Friends
wendywombat

Post by wendywombat »

I'll have a hot toddy waiting in the Tree House Bar, please...those clouds won't last forever and I'd love to see the Aurora Borealis :D
Mabel Figworthy

Post by Mabel Figworthy »

I applaud anything that gets rid of frogs, but I'm not at all sure about eating them. Can't we just feed them to passing herons and storks?
Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk
WIPs
Elizabethan Beauty, RSN Certificate & Online
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits

Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
lavenderbee

Post by lavenderbee »

Hope I'm not too late to join in this party or is it like the conga, goes on & on? I'd like a hot chocolate with fresh cream on top please, plus some yummy shortbread. Your home made shortbread must be really good Wendy. Don't think I ever made any, I did a lot of cooking years ago but not much now. I like Crawford's tartan shortbread best but I have not seen it up here over the last few years. Hope the frogs are keeping out of everyone's way now. Too cold for them to be out, they should be hibernating in the deepest depths pond of life this time of year.
lavenderbee :-)

stitching is beewitching

Things only become problems if you let them
cairee

Post by cairee »

I dont think parties in the S&G ever end, they just evolve into the next party. :icecream:
:wip:
Mables 2016 SAL
Holland Springtime Mandalla (chatelaine)
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

By George, I think she's got it! :king: :toast:
cairee

Post by cairee »

Ill have a sparkling grape juice, I got to hear my babies heartbeat at 13wks pregnant :baby: . a small celebration for me and DH :wine:
:wip:
Mables 2016 SAL
Holland Springtime Mandalla (chatelaine)
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

:whoop: Congratulations! I could hear the excitement in your voice! :whoop: I think you could have two glasses of sparkling grape juice!!! And remember that whatever you are craving is available here whenever you want it and you don't have to worry about calories and it is all good for the baby too! Even the :cake: :coffee: :tea: :icecream: :choc: and, yes, the :wine:. A wonderful place to come and indulge yourself!

Carole
:dance:
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

Awww! :wub: Such a special time.

That's cheered me up. I've been struggling with an Embroiderers' Guild branch project which involves making a "book" of stitches. The stitches I chose to illustrate are ones I know -- both raised stitches' Portuguese raised stitch and twisted braid stitch. I might have chosen something else if I'd realised that the only fibre being used was stranded cotton. Not the best for raised stitches. The Portuguese is a total loss, unless done in a single strand, which isn't what's wanted. The twisted stitch is ok in three strands, just about, and I'm trying to think of different patterns (part of the whole idea is to "play" with the stitch once it has been stitched according to the instructions). Oh, and did I mention it's all black and white on red fabric (our ruby anniversary). I need a drink. :wine:
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

Have one on me, Serinde. :wine: Do we get to see your final project? Different stitches are so much fun to do, but can be tricky. I still haven't figured out where I made my mistake on my Twisted Band Sampler and have so much to :anotherfrog: on one of the bands, I haven't gone back to it. I know you will have figured your stitches out. I am going to have some :wine: and maybe something stronger. I had my sister and cousin in the car this morning and we were on our way to Judy and David's for brunch. I forgot something and was barely past the 3rd house on my street so backed up to get back to my house. There is a slight curve and I was looking over my right shoulder and plowed right into the neighbor's mailbox and knocked it over a bit. He has already straightened that out. I shattered the whole rear window :oops: :oops: :oops:. Have to get my sister to the airport this afternoon and my cousin to the airport tomorrow morning. I don't mind driving (even though it is very cold) without the window on the side streets, but the interstate is not a good idea. My neighbor is taking us this afternoon (she laughed and said she didn't want to lend me her car now) and Judy will take my cousin tomorrow morning. I feel so stupid :doh:. Already called the insurance company and they will send someone Tuesday. We covered the window with heavy plastic sheeting, in case it rains. Dumb dumb dumb :tantrum: . But no one was hurt, no real damage to anything (but my pride :oops: )Guess I'll be able to get a lot of stitching done Monday. I think I'll have another hot toddy now. Don't have to worry about driving :tizzy:

Carole
:P
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
wendywombat

Post by wendywombat »

Oh Dear...Poor car but most of all.....Poor You!! :oops:

:driving: and :wine: don't mix but at least whilst you can't use the car have some :wine: and recover!

@ Serinde

Could you use Cotton a Broder for your 'book of stitches?
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

No, no mixing of threads. It's strictly 6-stranded floss. Well, I did manage the raised twisted stitch, but did one example of Portuguese border stitch and gave up entirely -- it looked terrible.
Mabel Figworthy

Post by Mabel Figworthy »

Oh well, that's one for experience then - are you allowed to discard the Portuguese border and pick something else instead? (If you're still thinking raised, raised stem stitch might well work in stranded cotton, especially with three or more strands)
Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk
WIPs
Elizabethan Beauty, RSN Certificate & Online
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits

Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
lavenderbee

Post by lavenderbee »

Congrats Cairee, so lovely to hear your baby's heartbeat. Glad you got threads sorted Serinde & Carole, glad you were all OK & hope car gets back to normal soon.
lavenderbee :-)

stitching is beewitching

Things only become problems if you let them