Will be away

For all topics which do not fit in the other categories.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

lavenderbee

Will be away

Post by lavenderbee »

from 4th/16th March as we are moving again. This time to a warden assisted 2 bedroom ground floor flat due to DH's health. We've been on the list for several years & it all happened very quickly. We go the letter one day saw the flat the next & had to decided there & then. It is not far form where we are now altho we do not really know the small place very well, just used the superstore.

The following week we had to sign papers, we thought just a couple, but there were several & a lot of rules & regulations we had to be told about so it was well over 30 mins & DH had Drs appointment which he was late for. He got seen & then we had to dash over to the flat to get keys & some more info! Decided to measure while we were there. The next day Saturday ours heads were in a whirl due to information overload. Next day, Sunday, I could not work out where I'd put small bag of cat treats I knew iId started for them. It became clear on the Monday when I went to check I had my purse in my handbag previous to going shopping; there nestled down next to my purse was a bag of tuna flavoured cat treats. How we laughed @rotfl: which did us good as it relieved the tension we felt. I am sooo glad I did not open it while out & people noticed this bag of cat treats. They would have thought I was really weird to eat cat treats as a snack.

We will not have phone on until 16th as Sky said their engineers are very busy due to the floods in many parts of the UK. Carpets being laid today & DH put curtains rails up yesterday & hung blinds so we can now put the curtains up.

Yesterday I went into the sun lunge & saw this furry thing in a box. I went to get my camera & Mollie followed me back so she would not be left out of the picture & she sat quietly by the side.

Forgot to say we did ask before we moved here if we were likely to get a place soon & were told to look for ourselves as no telling how long it would be, could be 2 weeks or two years or more. Been here 2 months. But we are glad to get a place at last. it has entry phone system & we will be linked to a careline which is great.
lavenderbee :-)

stitching is beewitching

Things only become problems if you let them
Serinde

Re: Will be away

Post by Serinde »

Best wishes with the move. There is a quiet corner for you in the Stash & Grab, plus a bed and eyeshades in St Cross Stitches, if things really get frantic. :lol: :bandaid: :cake:
wendywombat

Post by wendywombat »

Looks like your Kitties will be first out and first in to check out your new place. :D How lucky to get what you need so quickly and that you can take your furry friends too. :kitty: :kitty: :puppy: :puppy:

Good luck with you move...again!! Take care of yourselves and don't let your D/H overdo it! :hug:
lavenderbee

Post by lavenderbee »

Thank you both. We've been on the list 11 or12 years but once the letter arrived it was all systems go. Love the idea of cake along with eyeshades etc., Serinde.

I won't let DH overdo it Wendy. There is a lot of telephone work as gas & electric meters need to be changed. That is taking some time as 'danger do not use sign' is on gas meter. Person dealing with it over the phone has gone sick so his office colleagues are trying to help but not up to date with all developments. They are doing their best & have to read up what has happened so far. It will all work out in the end.

stitching is beewitching

richardandtracy

Post by richardandtracy »

The rush all seems a bit unfair on you, but if it makes things easier, good luck and have fun.

Be sure to keep the fleabags in for a few days to begin with.

All the best,

Richard.
http://www.chestnutpens.co.uk
Free Charting Program for PC's Info Zip Installation
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

good luck with the move! Glad that your long time wait has finally resulted in a place that will give you what you need. Don't you overdo things either.
Serinde wrote: There is a quiet corner for you in the Stash & Grab, plus a bed and eyeshades in St Cross Stitches, if things really get frantic. :lol: :bandaid: :cake:
I agree with Serinde's advice. Taking care of yourselves is what is most important.

Carole
:wub:
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
RosemaryD

Post by RosemaryD »

I do not envy you moving again so soon but it's good that you have finally got what you need after so long on the list. :D I hope you get all the utilities issues sorted quickly and are able to relax and settle in.
Rosemary

WIPs
Blue Moon - Andy Russell
The Shore of the Turquoise Sea - Albert Bierstadt
Arabian Walled Garden - Chatelaine
fccs

Post by fccs »

Despite the rush rush rush of it all, it is great news. I can't wait to hear that you're all settled.
Debby

(main) WIPs
Angel of Love
Book of Mythical Creatures
Cache la Poudre
Past Present Forever
Fishing Friends
lavenderbee

Post by lavenderbee »

Thank you all for your good wishes. Will try to keep cats in for 2 weeks before they venture out. 2 cats live next door & the other way in one of over 60s bungalows there are 2 dogs, so animal lovers around us. We have a small garden to sit in. Upstairs flats have a small balcony. There are several small areas of grass near us with bench seats so we shall be able to mix with others. Several over 60s places in this area of the small estate. Younger people the other end. Small convenience store a few minutes walk away & also a bus stop nearby so everything nearby if needed.

We will be glad when we are in, not long now. :)

stitching is beewitching

rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

Sounds lovely! I can understand why you had to wait so long for an opening.

Carole
:dance:
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
karen4bells

Post by karen4bells »

fccs wrote:Despite the rush rush rush of it all, it is great news. I can't wait to hear that you're all settled.
I agree!! It sounds like you have found a wonderful place to move to!!!!
Work in Progress
Dimensions Passion Flower Angel
Tempting Tangles Welcome SAL
Various small designs

lavenderbee

Post by lavenderbee »

Thank you. Sorry for the over use of the word 'small', just noticed how many times I typed it :roll: This is the best out of the 3 we've been offered in the 16 years we've lived in Wales.

We were offered a warden assisted place 2 years ago in the town we just left. It was newly built & owned by a local housing association but was very expensive. We could not afford it - also it was too big a concern. Over 50 flats. A neighbour of ours at the time was offered one & she told them she would not be taking it as her sister paid over £160 per week LESS for the same thing the other side of Chester (across the border in England). We have no idea why it was so dear in Wales. Lucky we did not take it as we've since heard quite a few people are unhappy there & wished they'd never moved.

Several years previous we were offered a place for over 60s by a different housing association but that was a lot further away from where we lived & we did not know the area at all, plus there was a lot of industry nearby. Also it was alongside the A55 expressway (dual carriageway) which is permanently busy day & night - being the link from Chester to Holyhead, Anglesey where there is a freight/passenger ferry service to Ireland. At that time DH did not have breathing problems but the fact it was so near the expressway & not such a pleasant environment we declined it. If we had have moved there DH's breathing problems would have started a lot earlier. So, we took our names off that list & joined the housing association for this area & we were already on the Council one.

Thankfully this has come at the right time.

Am looking forward to the move but will be glad when it is over & we can close the front door. Already met a couple of neighbours & they said it is quiet place. Looking forward to watching sunsets from the lounge windows while cross stitching. :)

stitching is beewitching

wendywombat

Post by wendywombat »

It sounds to me as if the waiting was worth it and you've found the "Right Place". :dance:
You'll soon make it your Home, I know.

:D :whoop:
lavenderbee

Post by lavenderbee »

Yes you are right Wendy, we are glad we waited. :D

stitching is beewitching

Cecilia

Post by Cecilia »

Good luck with it all. It sounds like it was worth the wait in the end. :)
Completed 2017: Anniversary Sampler by The Sweetheart Tree

Love comforteth like sunshine after rain. Shakespeare
Carole

Post by Carole »

Sounds a lovely place and well worth waiting for.

Love the pic of the cat in the box. So typical - they just love boxes :D
Current WIPs
Precious Dreams
Crazy cat lady
Previous WIPs
Previous WIPs

lavenderbee

Post by lavenderbee »

Thank you. Met more neighbours yesterday & their dogs, also made friends with another dog which was in its front garden. Curtains are up now so with flooring laid it is looking more like a home. We have several cupboards in the hall so lots of places to put things away so no excuse for me to leave things lying around. Have bought some of those pretty fold up boxes for craft kits I have. Saves having them in drawers where I've had them for years. Kits non x-stitch are in large plastic box in bottom of wardrobe & intend to put those in a pretty boxes too.

stitching is beewitching

wendywombat

Post by wendywombat »

I'm pleased that you've got time for sorting out....nothing worse when moving house than having to pack up...live with mess...Move...remember to put the kettle, teapot, mugs and milk in LAST!! Drive to new house and do it all in reverse, whilst directing the removal men and then remembering that you left your dressing gown on the back of the bedroom door in your old house!! :doh: :doh: :tizzy: :tizzy:

It sounds like this will be your Ideal Home! :wub: