Carolyn's headless groom

Please feel free to join in on our SAL

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde

carolyn61

Carolyn's headless groom

Post by carolyn61 »

Finally, my son came over yesterday and took some pictures for me. But, he didn't send them to me until just now. To update since yesterday, my groom now has a head and face.The backstitching is done (didn't enjoy that part at all!). But that's another story for another day. I've yet to do the gold border (actually started that) and the "United In Marriage" wording and the beading, oh and her veil. All in all, I think I'm over the half way point, at least the people are finished. Well mostly. Goodness, maybe my sense of accomplishment was premature. :thinks: We'll see how long it takes me to get this completed.
Side note, I don't think I want to work with white again for a long time.
This is it unrolled. The material was too wide for my bars so I had to roll it side-to-side rather than up and down. A little hard to get used to but you do what you have to do. I think I found the idea on this forum, maybe?
Thanks for looking.
Carolyn
Rose

Re: Carolyn's headless groom

Post by Rose »

Carolyn something has happened to the pictures all I get its a blank screen tha said the image was deleted.
If you are looking for some one to help change you, look in the mirror
carolyn61

Post by carolyn61 »

Sorry Rose, I am new at this. :oops: Should I try again? It's just copy and paste the image code, right?
Carolyn
carolyn61

Post by carolyn61 »

I'm trying again.
1st is the close-up of bride and headless groom.

2nd is the rolled out picture.

Okay?
Carolyn
~threadbear~

Post by ~threadbear~ »

Yep, it worked this time! What a lovely design ...but all that white! :shock: I'm sure I've seen this picture in one of those 'from china' ebay sellers. Is your kit from abroad?
It looks great though. Lots of work gone into that. How long has it taken you so far?
What are you using to hold the fabric?
:choc: There's nothing better than a good friend, except a good friend with CHOCOLATE! :dance:
:choc: Forget love! I'd rather fall in CHOCOLATE! :wub:

Current :wip:
With Faith :dance:
Dogs
Snow Leopard (Haed)
Big Cats

Blog
Jilly

Post by Jilly »

That's looking fantastic, well done so far :D
The thing about white is that it is never just white, it includes all those shades that are so close in colour it sends your eyes spinning :lol:
Mabel Figworthy

Post by Mabel Figworthy »

I've seen this design and it's just great -- wonderful to see it being done before our very eyes!
Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk
WIPs
Elizabethan Beauty, RSN Certificate & Online
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits

Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
Jenny-M

Post by Jenny-M »

Glad the groom found his head :lol:

This is a lovely design! Cant wait to watch the progress!
WIP
Around The World SAL
UFO
Owl in flight Started:2010
My Blog:
http://crossstitchjen.blogspot.com" target="_blank
mags

Post by mags »

This is gorgeous ! Well done :applesauce:
mags

WIPs:
Heritage Tower Bridge (yes still :roll: )
various bits and bobs
ladykara

Post by ladykara »

Wonderful job. It's looking great!
Rose

Post by Rose »

:shock: WOW tha is gordeous. What a lot of work. WOW :shock:
If you are looking for some one to help change you, look in the mirror
carolyn61

Post by carolyn61 »

TB, no, it's not a kit but a chart I picked up at a needle shop in Idaho many years ago and had started it on Aida cloth for my sister-in-law but never finished. When I got the evenweave I started it again for my sister who was just recently remarried (she lost her first husband very early to cancer).
It is a Lavender & Lace design. I began stitching it on March 4,2008. But, it has alot of white fill in so parts of it went very quickly. The shading was dicey at times, the beige and tans being so close in color. Over all, I've enjoyed working on it, probably because it is for my sister, but will be thankful when it is completed.
I'm using roller frame bars (I have several of them) but as I said I had to roll it side to side due to the width of the fabric. I'm planning on purchasing Q-Snap frames for the next project and am hoping they will be more adaptable to various sizes.
Thanks for all the kind comments. It was a bit intimidating posting the pictures after looking through some of your galleries. This group has done beautiful work! The fact that ya'll design your own pieces just amazes me.
Carolyn
agi

Post by agi »

Carolyne, this is really amazing work! You should be proud!
Agi

"The world, as a colourful knot of threads, has turned into a memory, and now you cannot be sure whether it was real."
(Géza Ottlik, Hungarian writer)

My blog
sammy_v

Post by sammy_v »

What a wonderful design, u have made such a great job of this and im going to love watching this progress. :applesauce: :applesauce:
angela54

Post by angela54 »

my god... that is absolutely beautiful..... :ratherbe:
Mabel Figworthy

Post by Mabel Figworthy »

Carolyn, if I remember correctly this design has lots of beads at the hem of the dress -- now from the photograph you appear to be stitching over one on evenweave, is that right? and I was wondering what sort of beads you will be using as seed beads are likely to be too big; petite beads? What does the chart call for?
(Sorry for being nosey -- it's just I love this design but I know that I am never ever going to stitch it, so I'm enjoying it vicariously here :-))
Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk
WIPs
Elizabethan Beauty, RSN Certificate & Online
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits

Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
Angel

Post by Angel »

Oh wow Carolyn! This is absolutely beautiful! Good job!
carolyn61

Post by carolyn61 »

Good grief Mabel! I hadn't thought about the bead size. I bought the Mill Hill Beads the chart specified. It didn't occur to me that they might be too big. I have beads from other projects, maybe I'll try one to see how it looks and if I need to, I can exchange the beads for the petites. As I haven't opened the containers yet I don't think there would be a problem, do you? Boy, I wish you all were just across the road so you could look and tell me what you think. The pictures don't always communicate the fine details.
Wedding update... The border is coming along nicely. The Treasure Braid is much easier for me to work with than the DMC metalics (thank goodness for knowledgeable clerks at the LNS). I was going to work through the night because I could see the end in sight, but, alas, the transmitters, electrical currents, whatever, that send messages from my brain to my fingers are shutting down. I've made several mistakes in the last hour (can't even blame the :ribbit: )so I think it is best to put it away for tonight and start again tomorrow. If I am finished by Friday (my son is coming over to help move furniture), I will have him take a few pictures and share them with you.
Thank you all so much for the kind words. I've never been so nervous about showing my stitching. You were all more than gracious, especially in light of the work and projects I've seen on this board.
Carolyn
SusanF

Post by SusanF »

Carolyn this stands up with the best on the forum, please don't be shy at showing us your work. It is lovely to see this growing in front of us and I'm delighted you plucked up the courage to show us all. It's a great piece of work.
Susan

My Stitchy blog: SF Stitch
(updated 16th April 2010)
Jilly

Post by Jilly »

I agree with Susan, this is stunning stitching, you should be very proud Carolyn.