New phase in life

For all topics which do not fit in the other categories.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

Nimble stitch

New phase in life

Post by Nimble stitch »

Hi everybody I've not been very active on the forum since spring but glad to say I'm now back. I started feeling ill with anxiety in early spring and my doctor said it was a mixture of hormones and pressures of work as my job was stressful. Glad to say I'm now feeling better but the big news is I've quit my job. After almost 40 years of working full time I'm at last going to have time to do what I want. I may at some point look for part time work but that won't be until the spring depending on how I feel. Now where did I put my stitching! So nice to be back with you :D
Karen

Work in Progress
Dress Makers Daughter - Nora Corbett
Best of British Street Party - Sandy Littlejohns & Deborah Lester
Santa's Sleigh (Christmas Eve Couriers) - Nora Corbett

Completed
Santa - Mirabillia
Squirrel

Re: New phase in life

Post by Squirrel »

:tizzy: Wonderful news Karen and I am sure you will enjoy being in a much calmer environment and be able to stitch when you want to.
I guess the impressive list of WIP's will get lots of attention now. Enjoy it all and relax and enjoy your stitching and freer time. :tizzy:
Sally in Brisbane Australia

WIPS
Christmas Stocking from World of Cross Stitching mag. 262
wendywombat

Post by wendywombat »

:whoop: Excellent decision. :applesauce:

I'm so pleased for you.

All the very best to you!! :hug:
Lulu22

Post by Lulu22 »

I'm so pleased for you I'm glad you were able to relieve the pressure you were experiencing and have some time to yourself :)
WIPS
Snow
Gamer Nouveau
Clara
Meadow
felicity53

Post by felicity53 »

Good decision. Welcome back. E :whoop: njoy!
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

:whoop: Sounds like a great decision. Nothing is worth sacrificing your health over, so :wave: welcome back!!! And a great time to get back into stitching when you can stay home and be cozy in the cold weather, have a :tea: and stitch to your heart's delight!

Carole
:dance:
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
Rose

Post by Rose »

I can understand having to make the decision to walk away from a job that is causing stress. Stress can kill you and no job is worth that. I had to do that about 12 years ago. Best decision I ever made. Then I went to work with hubby in our own business. That can be stressful as well but not like the other job.

Enjoy your time stitching and relaxing!!!!!! :wub:
If you are looking for some one to help change you, look in the mirror
fccs

Post by fccs »

I'm so happy for you, and happy that you're feeling better. I agree with the others - no job is worth it. Almost five years ago, I was "forced" into retiring and it was really one of the best things to happen to me. My job itself wasn't nearly as stressful as my relationship with the manager of the department. There were days I would just go into the ladies restroom, sit on the toilet, and cry. It was awful. (I think my manager wanted an "all boys" IT shop.) But, like I said, it was a good thing because I moved from California (where I lived for 50 years) to Colorado, which I truly love! (And today the weather people are forecasting a high of 35...yay. Yesterday the high was 12°...flash back to Monday when it was a beautifully warm and sunny 64°.)

Enjoy every minute of the new phase in your life and all the stitching time and healthy days it will give you.
Debby

(main) WIPs
Angel of Love
Book of Mythical Creatures
Cache la Poudre
Past Present Forever
Fishing Friends
Amanda G

Post by Amanda G »

That is a wonderful decision you have made and for the right reasons. My hubby did the same a few months ago and hasn't regretted it since.
Wishing you stress free and anxiety free days.....oh, and enjoy the stitching. :D
crosstitcher1

Post by crosstitcher1 »

Congrads.
My B/H retired, 41 yrs., Oct 3. On his 1st day off, after the weekend, he took 4 naps, went to town 3 times, last trip he told me, "I have to "find" something to do." Next day he found 2 local places he can volunteer 4 days a week. He's "loving" going in to do his volunteering.
When I got laid off in 2008, 11 yrs. with company, I loked the whole yr. of 2009 for a job. Got 3 "bites" and told B/H in Dec. 2009, "I'm not looking anymore." He said ok, he would support us til I get my SS started in 2014. I am "loving" being back at home. No "real" hard decisions to make, just what to fix for supper, :roll: and getting my projects done for the year. :whoop: :whoop: :whoop: :whoop:
Love and enjoy each day you wake up :wip: :wip: :wip: :wip: all you want. "It's your time, do what you want." (Like that money commercial, "It's my money." :whoop: :whoop: )

HAPPY STITCHING IN STITCHING LAND. :applesauce: :D :applesauce: :D
ayna

Post by ayna »

Well done - a brave thing to do. Hope you continue to enjoy your new, relaxed style of living.
Cecilia

Post by Cecilia »

Enjoy your new phase in life. :dance:

I quit working full time in 2012 and now i work just three days a week - it was one of the best things I ever did. :dance:
Completed 2017: Anniversary Sampler by The Sweetheart Tree

Love comforteth like sunshine after rain. Shakespeare
Fizzbw

Post by Fizzbw »

You won't be on your death bed wishing you'd worked more.....

Great decision and I wish you fun, happiness and stressless times!

Niki xxx
Needle minders and grime guards etc https://www.facebook.com/CirrusCreations" target="_blank" target="_blank

WIP: Last Look HAED
Kauto Star by Skitzzzz
Coming Home SQ
Time and season sampler
cHristamas village
RosemaryD

Post by RosemaryD »

So pleased you were brave enough to take the decision - a stressful job you no longer enjoy can make life totally miserable. I changed careers completely a few years ago and it was the best decision I have ever made. I have not regretted it for one moment and cannot believe how much happier I am.

Enjoy your free time! :D

Rosemary
Rosemary

WIPs
Blue Moon - Andy Russell
The Shore of the Turquoise Sea - Albert Bierstadt
Arabian Walled Garden - Chatelaine