HAED Mini World Travel Bookshelf

Please feel free to join in on our SAL

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde

Skittles

Post by Skittles »

Hi Everyone

This a good one for the HAED BAP versus mini debate. After finishing the black and white HAED Mini Lost In You, i decided that I sit firmly in the Mini camp. However, although this worked really well for me with the black and white as the loss of detail wasn't that noticable, this one is a completely different story. As the design is so "busy", a lot of the detail is very noticably lost. I'm really enjoying stitching this and love all the confetti, but an important issue for me is the finished look and whether i would want it displayed on my wall and at the moment I'm just not sure this one will work out. I'm half way through page one and will finish this page, then decide whether to continue or not.

I've seen that a couple of other members are stitching the original size of this, which is a really useful comparisson. You can really see the difference.

Anyway, here is my progress so far (1x1 on 28count lugana).

[Image]

[Image]
WIP

On Hold
HAED One, HAED A New Day

Kitted up and ready to go
HAED Bloom, HAED Mini Umbrella Sky
rcperryls

Re: HAED Mini World Travel Bookshelf

Post by rcperryls »

:applesauce: You are certainly making good progress and I think you will have a good idea of the sharpness of the detail after finishing a page.
While the detail is there (you can identify, for eg, the lady with the pink apron)it would most likely be sharper and clearer in the full size version. Hard to tell when looking at it very close up, as I find that often looking at a piece from the distance others would be looking at it can make a big difference. I looked in the HAED Gallery and in the HAED BB Galleries and nothing is there in the full size of Aimee Stewart's "Book Shelves". Several QS pieces which are probably sections from the full size charts. Detail is much clearer, so that may give you an idea of what you might expect.

Carole
:thinks:
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
agent_clone

Post by agent_clone »

From my point of view the BAP vs Mini really depends on the project. Personally I think mini's are the way to go if the design will look nice as a mini, however some designs need the larger project (e.g. when I was looking at the Butterfly Ball comparing the mini to the regular size the regular definately won out however it will take forever to stitch...).
Curent WIP:
The Butterfly Ball
Mini Heaven On Earth
Mini Japan Garden

Finishes:
Kitten Fairy on Mushroom (2015-12-31)
karen4bells

Post by karen4bells »

:applesauce: :applesauce: :applesauce: Fantastic progress on this!!
Work in Progress
Dimensions Passion Flower Angel
Tempting Tangles Welcome SAL
Various small designs

LadyS

Post by LadyS »

Beautiful! The colors are amazing! :applesauce: :applesauce:
Laura (aka lsschwartz on HAED BB)

WIPs
Krystal (HAED)
Middle Earth Map (HAED)
Snowman&Friends Stocking (Dimensions)
12 Days of Christmas SAL
Little One (Dimensions)
lavenderbee

Post by lavenderbee »

This is lovely, the colours are great & I look forward to seeing the next update :applesauce: :)
lavenderbee :-)

stitching is beewitching

Things only become problems if you let them