Ekidna's SAL

Please feel free to join in on our SAL

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde

Post Reply
User avatar
Ekidna
Posts: 1370
Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2007 6:08 pm
Location: Essex, UK
Contact:

Ekidna's SAL

Post by Ekidna »

Ok, I know most of you have been catching up with my progress on my afghan thread, but I've decided to put it in this category as my SAL as it's the only thing I'm concentrating on at the moment anyway!!

I'm gonna post up a pic for each letter cos, there's so much expression in each letter that is lost in the "long shot" pic.


Here's A:

Image



B:

Image



C:

Image
_________________________________

Facebook: Sarah-Kay Scholefield
Twitter: purplechidna

My WIP's
Home Sweet Home Cushion Sets
Flower Set - 2 to go
Olga Gostin Australian Houses Set - 4 to go
User avatar
Ekidna
Posts: 1370
Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2007 6:08 pm
Location: Essex, UK
Contact:

Post by Ekidna »

D:

Image



E:

Image



F:

Image



G:

Image



H:

Image



I:

Image




J:

Image
_________________________________

Facebook: Sarah-Kay Scholefield
Twitter: purplechidna

My WIP's
Home Sweet Home Cushion Sets
Flower Set - 2 to go
Olga Gostin Australian Houses Set - 4 to go
User avatar
Ekidna
Posts: 1370
Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2007 6:08 pm
Location: Essex, UK
Contact:

Post by Ekidna »

K:

Image



L:

Image



M:

Image



N:

Image



O: (my favourite!)

Image



P:

Image



Q:

Image



R:

Image



S:

Image



T:

Image



U:

Image



V:

Image




W:

Image



X:

Image



Y:

Image



Z:

Image
_________________________________

Facebook: Sarah-Kay Scholefield
Twitter: purplechidna

My WIP's
Home Sweet Home Cushion Sets
Flower Set - 2 to go
Olga Gostin Australian Houses Set - 4 to go
User avatar
Genevieve
Posts: 1647
Joined: Thu Nov 02, 2006 2:20 pm
Location: England

Post by Genevieve »

What fun - such wonderful expressions. I love the Eeyore ones - my favourite. It's looking great, Ekidna. :applesauce:
rubyviolet
Posts: 163
Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2007 9:21 am
Location: washington state

Post by rubyviolet »

very cute!
User avatar
wendywombat
Posts: 13546
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2006 12:03 pm
Location: Scottish Borders

Post by wendywombat »

I love every one of them. Especially the Tiggers!!
raelou
Posts: 985
Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2007 2:59 pm

Post by raelou »

Brilliant love them all ,But I do like piglet best!!
Image
Collette
Posts: 141
Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2007 4:36 pm
Location: UK

Post by Collette »

aaw, they are very cute :)
User avatar
Ekidna
Posts: 1370
Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2007 6:08 pm
Location: Essex, UK
Contact:

Post by Ekidna »

Eeyore is my favourite!! But the Pooh 'O' makes me laugh, it's like he's saying "doh" :doh: :doh: !!
_________________________________

Facebook: Sarah-Kay Scholefield
Twitter: purplechidna

My WIP's
Home Sweet Home Cushion Sets
Flower Set - 2 to go
Olga Gostin Australian Houses Set - 4 to go
User avatar
Serinde
Posts: 19563
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 5:46 pm
Location: Scotland

Post by Serinde »

Well, he is a self-confessed bear of very little brain.
User avatar
Ekidna
Posts: 1370
Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2007 6:08 pm
Location: Essex, UK
Contact:

Post by Ekidna »

:lol: :lol: Very true!!
_________________________________

Facebook: Sarah-Kay Scholefield
Twitter: purplechidna

My WIP's
Home Sweet Home Cushion Sets
Flower Set - 2 to go
Olga Gostin Australian Houses Set - 4 to go
User avatar
sammy_v
Posts: 5120
Joined: Thu Aug 02, 2007 8:37 pm
Location: Uk

Post by sammy_v »

I love it, i love it, i love it. But im a massive winnie pooh fan hehehe. I love them all. It looks wonderful well done
ConnieO
Posts: 787
Joined: Sun Apr 22, 2007 11:27 am
Location: Norfolk
Contact:

Post by ConnieO »

It's lovely Ekidna! I love Eeyore's expressions too, but I really like the Piglet T too! Well done!
A stitch in time is my idea of a perfect day!
Connie :-)
lindagibb
Posts: 474
Joined: Thu Feb 16, 2006 2:19 am
Location: Strichen

Post by lindagibb »

Love it. Better not show it to my daughter as she is a great fan of Eeyore especially.
User avatar
Rose
Posts: 34043
Joined: Sun Mar 05, 2006 12:24 am
Location: Gilroy, CA

Post by Rose »

Love the whole thing but Eeyore is a personal favorite. What more do you have to do? It is looking splendid.
If you are looking for some one to help change you, look in the mirror
User avatar
Ekidna
Posts: 1370
Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2007 6:08 pm
Location: Essex, UK
Contact:

Post by Ekidna »

I left the first and last sqaures blank so in the first square I'm putting babies name, and a beehive, I couldn't find a freebie pattern for it so I ended up doing one myself on graph paper. I'm going to have 4-5 bees buzzing around it and then a few buzzing diagonally up & down the afghan to the last square where I'll put his DOB and birth weight along with a pot of honey. I also want to put a couple of butterflies and a couple of lady bugs scattered on it to balance it out, and then just the backing.

Here is my progress on the top square. Just have to backstitch the hive and add the bees.

Image


Still deciding whether I need to backstitch the hearts. I would stitch the pink hearts with red and the red hearts with pink, but don't know if that will be a bit of overkill, it's already quite bright and colourful, I don't know if it needs it. I'll post up a pic when I've done the bee's and tell me what you think.
_________________________________

Facebook: Sarah-Kay Scholefield
Twitter: purplechidna

My WIP's
Home Sweet Home Cushion Sets
Flower Set - 2 to go
Olga Gostin Australian Houses Set - 4 to go
User avatar
Serinde
Posts: 19563
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 5:46 pm
Location: Scotland

Post by Serinde »

That's wonderful. So inventive.

I would wait before outlining the hearts until you've finished the beehive and bees. Then see that you think.
User avatar
Rose
Posts: 34043
Joined: Sun Mar 05, 2006 12:24 am
Location: Gilroy, CA

Post by Rose »

I love it great idea the bee's and hive and the honey pot. The work is really nice. I agree with waiting until the rest is backstitched you may not need to do the hearts.
If you are looking for some one to help change you, look in the mirror
User avatar
wendywombat
Posts: 13546
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2006 12:03 pm
Location: Scottish Borders

Post by wendywombat »

I think that is lovely, Ekidna. Very refreshing colours.
I made a cushion of Pooh Seasons for my grandson and put a beehive in the middle with bees coming from it.
http://www.wendystitch.payrieres.eu/sti ... easons.JPG
he loves it.
raelou
Posts: 985
Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2007 2:59 pm

Post by raelou »

That is lovely Ekidna,The bees sound an excellent idea



Just wanted to say if someone is bidding on ebay for the chart STOP IT,I have been out bid on two of these charts so far :evil: :evil: I will get one!!!You cannot stop me :P
Image
Post Reply