Castles in the Air - SAL

Please feel free to join in on our SAL

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde

Post Reply
User avatar
~threadbear~
Posts: 16596
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2008 12:25 am
Location: Cumbria U.K

Re: Castles in the Air - SAL

Post by ~threadbear~ »

C-F, what size beads do you use? Is it a general size for cross stitch pieces?
I'm off to look at the gallery now ~ to get inspiration!
:dance:
:choc: There's nothing better than a good friend, except a good friend with CHOCOLATE! :dance:
:choc: Forget love! I'd rather fall in CHOCOLATE! :wub:

Current :wip:
With Faith :dance:
Dogs
Snow Leopard (Haed)
Big Cats

Blog
User avatar
coffee_freak
Posts: 10311
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 2:14 pm
Location: maryland,usa
Contact:

Re: Castles in the Air - SAL

Post by coffee_freak »

Image

there ya go! all done

16ct white.
Normal mill hill beads..
If you get a comment of a :smile:,I must be holding my :coffee:
http://coffeecupcakescrossstitch.blogspot.com/
skype:coffeecupcakescrossstitch
WIP:
Joan Elliot Spring Fairy
Cupcakes
Snuggle Up
2012 HD's
Bohemia
Fairy Friend
User avatar
Rose
Posts: 34043
Joined: Sun Mar 05, 2006 12:24 am
Location: Gilroy, CA

Re: Castles in the Air - SAL

Post by Rose »

Aren't those great!!!! Everyone with a different color combination. They look so good. When will we see our members in the gallery. :D

Ah CF so very lovely!!!!! :applesauce:
If you are looking for some one to help change you, look in the mirror
User avatar
mags
Posts: 10443
Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2007 11:47 am
Location: UK

Re: Castles in the Air - SAL

Post by mags »

CF - beautiful - love your colours :applesauce: :applesauce: :applesauce:
mags

WIPs:
Heritage Tower Bridge (yes still :roll: )
various bits and bobs
User avatar
~threadbear~
Posts: 16596
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2008 12:25 am
Location: Cumbria U.K

Re: Castles in the Air - SAL

Post by ~threadbear~ »

Oh C-F, that is lovely. :applesauce: :applesauce:
I was wondering about the beads as I was looking at Mill hill seed beads (I think) and they were different sizes, so I didn't know which would be correct. :oops:
:choc: There's nothing better than a good friend, except a good friend with CHOCOLATE! :dance:
:choc: Forget love! I'd rather fall in CHOCOLATE! :wub:

Current :wip:
With Faith :dance:
Dogs
Snow Leopard (Haed)
Big Cats

Blog
User avatar
minij
Posts: 3086
Joined: Tue Nov 11, 2008 10:15 am
Location: Leicestershire

Re: Castles in the Air - SAL

Post by minij »

Only just checked this out, they are sooooo pretty :D
Kezzy
Posts: 268
Joined: Sun Jan 25, 2009 8:18 pm
Location: Forest of Dean, UK

Re: Castles in the Air - SAL

Post by Kezzy »

Well done CF - knew it wouldn't be long before you had yours done! It looks lovely, love the colours. :applesauce: :applesauce: I've just got the vines to do so hope to get that done tonight. I am also hoping that I can get a better picture uploaded this time. Would like to think I will get it finished tonight but we'll see......
2014 Finishes:
Wedding Sampler
Sepia German Shepherd

WIPs:
Castles in the Air - Parts 1-3 finished
Welsh Alphabet Sampler

Future Projects:
Hardanger Wedding Sampler
RosemaryH
Posts: 2273
Joined: Thu Jun 26, 2008 4:12 pm
Location: SPAIN

Re: Castles in the Air - SAL

Post by RosemaryH »

CF STUNNING!!!!!!!!

Rosemary
I’m part of the Transworld Book Group!’
User avatar
Murmured
Posts: 492
Joined: Tue Dec 16, 2008 4:00 am
Location: Christchurch, New Zealand

Re: Castles in the Air - SAL

Post by Murmured »

~threadbear~ wrote:Oh C-F, that is lovely. :applesauce: :applesauce:
I was wondering about the beads as I was looking at Mill hill seed beads (I think) and they were different sizes, so I didn't know which would be correct. :oops:
It's really up to you what size beads you use, I think most people here are using regular sized seed beads, bu I'm going to use petite beads on mine, which I'm starting today, but I probably wont do the beading until it's all finished :thinks: . I also noticed in the papillon gallery that there was someone who used a couple of different sized beads Michele M I think, used petite gold beads and regular sized greenish ones. So you can look there for a direct comparison. It's really all about personal taste.

Well done CF! It looks fantastic!
WIPS
Damask Rose Needlecase
Castles in the Air
I Stitch therefore I Stash

2012 finishes:
Max's Moon
User avatar
Jilly
Posts: 6606
Joined: Wed Oct 31, 2007 8:55 am
Location: Slap bang in the middle of Wales

Re: Castles in the Air - SAL

Post by Jilly »

:applesauce: Looks stunning :dance:
User avatar
coffee_freak
Posts: 10311
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 2:14 pm
Location: maryland,usa
Contact:

Re: Castles in the Air - SAL

Post by coffee_freak »

woohoo! she put my photo up in the gallery!
If you get a comment of a :smile:,I must be holding my :coffee:
http://coffeecupcakescrossstitch.blogspot.com/
skype:coffeecupcakescrossstitch
WIP:
Joan Elliot Spring Fairy
Cupcakes
Snuggle Up
2012 HD's
Bohemia
Fairy Friend
User avatar
agi
Posts: 13642
Joined: Tue Oct 16, 2007 9:00 pm
Location: Sweden

Re: Castles in the Air - SAL

Post by agi »

:dance: :dance: :dance: Wendy :applesauce:
Agi

"The world, as a colourful knot of threads, has turned into a memory, and now you cannot be sure whether it was real."
(Géza Ottlik, Hungarian writer)

My blog
User avatar
mags
Posts: 10443
Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2007 11:47 am
Location: UK

Re: Castles in the Air - SAL

Post by mags »

Well done CF
:applesauce: :dance: :applesauce:
mags

WIPs:
Heritage Tower Bridge (yes still :roll: )
various bits and bobs
User avatar
Busy_B
Posts: 6920
Joined: Wed Jul 16, 2008 6:02 pm
Location: Indiana USA

Re: Castles in the Air - SAL

Post by Busy_B »

It looks great, C_F! Congrats on finishing this part! I'll have to check out the gallery later today.

I promise I'll get a picture up. Things are just absolutely crazy right now! I have been working on mine and am almost done with it. So, I might wait until it's done to put the picture up. I'm not planning on putting the beads on until the end because of using a frame. It is fun to stitch, and the special stitches aren't as bad as I thought they would be. I've only got 5 more special stitches out of 13 to do.
WIPs: There Be Dragons, Feed My Sheep, Canyon Flight HAED, Lotus Flowers HAED, Christmas Cove
User avatar
K1nS
Posts: 5674
Joined: Sat Nov 08, 2008 11:46 pm
Location: Manchester

Re: Castles in the Air - SAL

Post by K1nS »

Lovely work :applesauce:
User avatar
Busy_B
Posts: 6920
Joined: Wed Jul 16, 2008 6:02 pm
Location: Indiana USA

Re: Castles in the Air - SAL

Post by Busy_B »

Okay. Here's my progress...better late than never. Too many interruptions! The colors are slightly washed out from the camera, but hopefully you'll get the idea.

Image
WIPs: There Be Dragons, Feed My Sheep, Canyon Flight HAED, Lotus Flowers HAED, Christmas Cove
User avatar
mags
Posts: 10443
Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2007 11:47 am
Location: UK

Re: Castles in the Air - SAL

Post by mags »

Gorgeous, the colours look wonderful on the dark fabric :applesauce: :applesauce: :applesauce:
mags

WIPs:
Heritage Tower Bridge (yes still :roll: )
various bits and bobs
User avatar
coffee_freak
Posts: 10311
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 2:14 pm
Location: maryland,usa
Contact:

Re: Castles in the Air - SAL

Post by coffee_freak »

:applesauce: :applesauce: :wub: :applesauce: :applesauce:
If you get a comment of a :smile:,I must be holding my :coffee:
http://coffeecupcakescrossstitch.blogspot.com/
skype:coffeecupcakescrossstitch
WIP:
Joan Elliot Spring Fairy
Cupcakes
Snuggle Up
2012 HD's
Bohemia
Fairy Friend
Kezzy
Posts: 268
Joined: Sun Jan 25, 2009 8:18 pm
Location: Forest of Dean, UK

Re: Castles in the Air - SAL

Post by Kezzy »

Lovely BusyB - the colours and the stitches show up really well on that fabric.

:applesauce: :applesauce: :applesauce:
2014 Finishes:
Wedding Sampler
Sepia German Shepherd

WIPs:
Castles in the Air - Parts 1-3 finished
Welsh Alphabet Sampler

Future Projects:
Hardanger Wedding Sampler
User avatar
Lizzieh
Posts: 4049
Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2008 11:34 pm
Location: cornwall

Re: Castles in the Air - SAL

Post by Lizzieh »

There looking great.
Thanks for your comments about my colours, they gave me the confidence to carry on. I have taken off the few beads that I had put on as I think I am going to get some purpley colour ones instead of the orange ones that I did have.
Here's where I am at at the moment.
Image
Liz
Liz


WIPIn rotation
Quick Stitch Tulips
Egyptian heart
Pretty pastels
Peek a boo

UFO
HAED storykeep

2014 finishes
Parent's garden
Post Reply