Castles in the Air - SAL
Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde
Re: Castles in the Air - SAL
great work everyone!!

Re: Castles in the Air - SAL
Beautiful! So many different variations and they are all lovely - it must be a really good pattern

Agi
"The world, as a colourful knot of threads, has turned into a memory, and now you cannot be sure whether it was real." (Géza Ottlik, Hungarian writer)
My blog
"The world, as a colourful knot of threads, has turned into a memory, and now you cannot be sure whether it was real." (Géza Ottlik, Hungarian writer)
My blog
Re: Castles in the Air - SAL
Both of these are wonderful. The colors on the black just jump out at you and Liz those colors are looking better and better with each up-date. 
If you are looking for some one to help change you, look in the mirror
Re: Castles in the Air - SAL
Those colours are lovely and the more that is stitched, the more they come together. 
2014 Finishes:
Wedding Sampler
Sepia German Shepherd
WIPs:
Castles in the Air - Parts 1-3 finished
Welsh Alphabet Sampler
Future Projects:
Hardanger Wedding Sampler
Wedding Sampler
Sepia German Shepherd
WIPs:
Castles in the Air - Parts 1-3 finished
Welsh Alphabet Sampler
Future Projects:
Hardanger Wedding Sampler
Re: Castles in the Air - SAL
Absolutely loving everyones versions of this project.
Rosemary
Rosemary
I’m part of the Transworld Book Group!’
Re: Castles in the Air - SAL
Everyone's looking great! It's almost hard to believe that they are the same pattern! Simple fabric and colour choice can make such a difference. Well done!
I finally started on mine yesterday, and I'm powering through it, hopefully I can get it done by about Wednesday.
I'm really enjoying this, especially because I'm trying out some silks for the first time. My light green is is a lovely silk I got from Pengwenn, and I just love how soft and shiny it is! It's wonderful to stitch with, I just love the way it looks. I'm also doing the medium shade of green in a half silk half wool mix (also thanks to Pengwenn). I'm really enjoying the chance to try out some new and different threads!
I chose the colours myself, and also changed two of the ones she provided for us, I changed the yellow/beige shades to two shades of caramel/brown because I'm stitching on yellow and wanted all the colours to be visible. I'm stitching on yellow Zweigart 32ct Belfast Linen. I'm also going to leave the beads off until I've finished the whole thing.

I finally started on mine yesterday, and I'm powering through it, hopefully I can get it done by about Wednesday.
I'm really enjoying this, especially because I'm trying out some silks for the first time. My light green is is a lovely silk I got from Pengwenn, and I just love how soft and shiny it is! It's wonderful to stitch with, I just love the way it looks. I'm also doing the medium shade of green in a half silk half wool mix (also thanks to Pengwenn). I'm really enjoying the chance to try out some new and different threads!
I chose the colours myself, and also changed two of the ones she provided for us, I changed the yellow/beige shades to two shades of caramel/brown because I'm stitching on yellow and wanted all the colours to be visible. I'm stitching on yellow Zweigart 32ct Belfast Linen. I'm also going to leave the beads off until I've finished the whole thing.

- coffee_freak
- Posts: 10311
- Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 2:14 pm
- Location: maryland,usa
- Contact:
Re: Castles in the Air - SAL
If you get a comment of a
,I must be holding my 
http://coffeecupcakescrossstitch.blogspot.com/
skype:coffeecupcakescrossstitch
WIP:
Joan Elliot Spring Fairy
Cupcakes
Snuggle Up
2012 HD's
Bohemia
Fairy Friend
http://coffeecupcakescrossstitch.blogspot.com/
skype:coffeecupcakescrossstitch
WIP:
Joan Elliot Spring Fairy
Cupcakes
Snuggle Up
2012 HD's
Bohemia
Fairy Friend
Re: Castles in the Air - SAL
I have finished part 1
except for the beads which I am leaving until the whole project is stitched due to the fact that I think they will get in the way of my frame.
I have really enjoyed stitching this, especially trying out new stitches. I did try to take a close up of the different stitches but picture came out blurry (I'm having to use old camera which is not as good but new one broken
).

I'm new to all this adding pictures to threads so hope it comes out okay!!
Can't wait for Part 2 to come out now!
I have really enjoyed stitching this, especially trying out new stitches. I did try to take a close up of the different stitches but picture came out blurry (I'm having to use old camera which is not as good but new one broken

I'm new to all this adding pictures to threads so hope it comes out okay!!
Can't wait for Part 2 to come out now!
2014 Finishes:
Wedding Sampler
Sepia German Shepherd
WIPs:
Castles in the Air - Parts 1-3 finished
Welsh Alphabet Sampler
Future Projects:
Hardanger Wedding Sampler
Wedding Sampler
Sepia German Shepherd
WIPs:
Castles in the Air - Parts 1-3 finished
Welsh Alphabet Sampler
Future Projects:
Hardanger Wedding Sampler
Re: Castles in the Air - SAL
These are all looking so wonderful, well done.

mags
WIPs:
Heritage Tower Bridge (yes still
)
various bits and bobs
WIPs:
Heritage Tower Bridge (yes still
various bits and bobs
Re: Castles in the Air - SAL
These are so beautiful. I love the softness of the yellow that looks great.
Kezzy the greens look great!!!!
All of you are doing wonderful
Kezzy the greens look great!!!!
All of you are doing wonderful
If you are looking for some one to help change you, look in the mirror
Re: Castles in the Air - SAL
They are all so beautiful! Well done, ladies

Agi
"The world, as a colourful knot of threads, has turned into a memory, and now you cannot be sure whether it was real." (Géza Ottlik, Hungarian writer)
My blog
"The world, as a colourful knot of threads, has turned into a memory, and now you cannot be sure whether it was real." (Géza Ottlik, Hungarian writer)
My blog
- coffee_freak
- Posts: 10311
- Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 2:14 pm
- Location: maryland,usa
- Contact:
Re: Castles in the Air - SAL
me too!
If you get a comment of a
,I must be holding my 
http://coffeecupcakescrossstitch.blogspot.com/
skype:coffeecupcakescrossstitch
WIP:
Joan Elliot Spring Fairy
Cupcakes
Snuggle Up
2012 HD's
Bohemia
Fairy Friend
http://coffeecupcakescrossstitch.blogspot.com/
skype:coffeecupcakescrossstitch
WIP:
Joan Elliot Spring Fairy
Cupcakes
Snuggle Up
2012 HD's
Bohemia
Fairy Friend
Re: Castles in the Air - SAL
I really like the turquoise metallic Kezzy, such a different and vibrant colour. It looks great!
- ~threadbear~
- Posts: 16596
- Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2008 12:25 am
- Location: Cumbria U.K
Re: Castles in the Air - SAL
These are gorgeous! It makes me want to get on with mine right now, but of course, I can't yet. 
Love the colours and it's great to see one in different stitches as well Kezzy. Did you find them difficult?
Love the colours and it's great to see one in different stitches as well Kezzy. Did you find them difficult?
Current
With Faith
Dogs
Snow Leopard (Haed)
Big Cats
Blog
- coffee_freak
- Posts: 10311
- Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 2:14 pm
- Location: maryland,usa
- Contact:
Re: Castles in the Air - SAL
ohh i looove your colors Kezzy! 
If you get a comment of a
,I must be holding my 
http://coffeecupcakescrossstitch.blogspot.com/
skype:coffeecupcakescrossstitch
WIP:
Joan Elliot Spring Fairy
Cupcakes
Snuggle Up
2012 HD's
Bohemia
Fairy Friend
http://coffeecupcakescrossstitch.blogspot.com/
skype:coffeecupcakescrossstitch
WIP:
Joan Elliot Spring Fairy
Cupcakes
Snuggle Up
2012 HD's
Bohemia
Fairy Friend
Re: Castles in the Air - SAL
They look great Murmured and Kezzy!
I'm hoping to have mine done today. Mr.
sat on my frame all day yesterday. I don't know how many times I had to take something out...after I had finished the thread and moved onto another color.
I only have the metallic left so hopefully I can get it done between doing all of the laundry.
I'm hoping to have mine done today. Mr.
WIPs: There Be Dragons, Feed My Sheep, Canyon Flight HAED, Lotus Flowers HAED, Christmas Cove
Re: Castles in the Air - SAL
Thanks everyone for your lovely comments
.
I went for the turquoise metallic as I just fell in love with it when I saw it on the website I was ordering the other materials from.
Threadbear I didn't find them too difficult at all, the instructions were really easy to follow - I think someone else is doing the speciality stitches one too but can't remember who.
As I said previously, I can't wait to get started on the next part now not that I haven't got plenty to keep me going in between!
I went for the turquoise metallic as I just fell in love with it when I saw it on the website I was ordering the other materials from.
Threadbear I didn't find them too difficult at all, the instructions were really easy to follow - I think someone else is doing the speciality stitches one too but can't remember who.
As I said previously, I can't wait to get started on the next part now not that I haven't got plenty to keep me going in between!
2014 Finishes:
Wedding Sampler
Sepia German Shepherd
WIPs:
Castles in the Air - Parts 1-3 finished
Welsh Alphabet Sampler
Future Projects:
Hardanger Wedding Sampler
Wedding Sampler
Sepia German Shepherd
WIPs:
Castles in the Air - Parts 1-3 finished
Welsh Alphabet Sampler
Future Projects:
Hardanger Wedding Sampler
Re: Castles in the Air - SAL
I'm working on the speciality stitches, too. The directions are very clear. I did make a few minor changes though. I did the vines in only 1 thread instead of 2 because I thought it looked too bulky on my fabric. Despite Mr.Kezzy wrote:Threadbear I didn't find them too difficult at all, the instructions were really easy to follow - I think someone else is doing the speciality stitches one too but can't remember who.

Now maybe I can catch up with the English Garden SAL and work some more on the Kinkade project.
WIPs: There Be Dragons, Feed My Sheep, Canyon Flight HAED, Lotus Flowers HAED, Christmas Cove
Re: Castles in the Air - SAL
If you are looking for some one to help change you, look in the mirror
- coffee_freak
- Posts: 10311
- Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 2:14 pm
- Location: maryland,usa
- Contact:
Re: Castles in the Air - SAL
If you get a comment of a
,I must be holding my 
http://coffeecupcakescrossstitch.blogspot.com/
skype:coffeecupcakescrossstitch
WIP:
Joan Elliot Spring Fairy
Cupcakes
Snuggle Up
2012 HD's
Bohemia
Fairy Friend
http://coffeecupcakescrossstitch.blogspot.com/
skype:coffeecupcakescrossstitch
WIP:
Joan Elliot Spring Fairy
Cupcakes
Snuggle Up
2012 HD's
Bohemia
Fairy Friend