maderia

For all topics which do not fit in the other categories.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

Post Reply
User avatar
Lisa
Posts: 5436
Joined: Thu Sep 04, 2008 9:16 pm
Location: Cannock, Staffordshire, UK

maderia

Post by Lisa »

does anyone use this thread???

I love it and is my fave. but I am stuck on some storage soultions for it. They are in packs, which keep it all nice and clean :dance: and you can get hooks, somewhere, for them. I have one, and is currently full of threads and only has about 10 on there :shifty: and they are 379 colours :? I dont really fancy putting them on bobbins, as i like them in thier little homes.

also, does anyone know where i can get a colour shade chart, or even a shopping list so I can keep an eye of what colours I have
User avatar
stdenny
Posts: 168
Joined: Wed May 23, 2007 4:59 pm
Location: Northern Ireland

Re: maderia

Post by stdenny »

I found this site which have numerical charts and colours charts which list families of colours. Hope this helps. :wink:
http://www.dakotacollectibles.com/comm/ ... _intro.asp.
Another one that may be of use. http://bellaluciadesigns.com/madeirathread.html. I think they are the wrong type of threads.

I have used Maderia threads in my Little Miss Name Sampler. It was a pleasure to use and they have a lovely sheen to them. :D. As for storage, I don't have a clue. :oops:
User avatar
minij
Posts: 3086
Joined: Tue Nov 11, 2008 10:15 am
Location: Leicestershire

Re: maderia

Post by minij »

I really like madeira threads as well but I have to agree I can't think of a good way to store them in their packets if you collect loads of them :thinks:
User avatar
Raven
Posts: 1279
Joined: Sat Sep 20, 2008 11:03 pm
Location: USA
Contact:

Re: maderia

Post by Raven »

How about one of those boxes to store photographs? The packets can stand up in between, or depending how long they are, lay down on their sides, and number the dividers in number groups or color groups?

Raven
User avatar
Lisa
Posts: 5436
Joined: Thu Sep 04, 2008 9:16 pm
Location: Cannock, Staffordshire, UK

Re: maderia

Post by Lisa »

thanks stdenny, thats what i after, 3 days of googling resulted in nothing :cry: i even ventured onto the German eBay as Maderia is a German company :shifty:

Raven, which photo boxes do you mean??
User avatar
Jen2000
Posts: 329
Joined: Fri Apr 17, 2009 3:58 pm
Location: Ohio, USA
Contact:

Re: maderia

Post by Jen2000 »

I think that Raven means something like this.

Picture:
Image
Cross Stitch: CSA
Collaborative Cross Stitch: It's Been Stitched

My WIPs:
Tales of Wonder
Image

Milady Blackberry HAED
Image
User avatar
Lisa
Posts: 5436
Joined: Thu Sep 04, 2008 9:16 pm
Location: Cannock, Staffordshire, UK

Re: maderia

Post by Lisa »

thanks all
raven you gave me an idea,and have just bought this
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... %26otn%3D2" target="_blank

for the stranded cotton

and i have a fair few silks and decora which are in a smaller packet so I have ordered one of these

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... %26otn%3D2" target="_blank
User avatar
~threadbear~
Posts: 16596
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2008 12:25 am
Location: Cumbria U.K

Re: maderia

Post by ~threadbear~ »

They look great Lisa! :applesauce: :applesauce:
:choc: There's nothing better than a good friend, except a good friend with CHOCOLATE! :dance:
:choc: Forget love! I'd rather fall in CHOCOLATE! :wub:

Current :wip:
With Faith :dance:
Dogs
Snow Leopard (Haed)
Big Cats

Blog
poppett67
Posts: 162
Joined: Tue May 27, 2008 12:35 am
Location: Dorset, England

Re: maderia

Post by poppett67 »

I always used to stitch with Madeira but since moving down South I have found it increasingly hard to find a stockist. I stored mine in the way you say you don't want to though. I wound them all on bobbins and stored in numerical order in a plastic box. (or should I say three of them!)
User avatar
~threadbear~
Posts: 16596
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2008 12:25 am
Location: Cumbria U.K

Re: maderia

Post by ~threadbear~ »

Poppet, couldn't you still them get them online? Seems a shame if you really like stitching with them to have to give up. :)
:choc: There's nothing better than a good friend, except a good friend with CHOCOLATE! :dance:
:choc: Forget love! I'd rather fall in CHOCOLATE! :wub:

Current :wip:
With Faith :dance:
Dogs
Snow Leopard (Haed)
Big Cats

Blog
User avatar
Jilly
Posts: 6606
Joined: Wed Oct 31, 2007 8:55 am
Location: Slap bang in the middle of Wales

Re: maderia

Post by Jilly »

http://www.threadsite.co.uk/tandem/thre ... eirah.html" target="_blank

A very trustworthy company Poppett :D
User avatar
mejaflora
Posts: 17
Joined: Sun Jan 28, 2007 10:50 am
Contact:

Re: maderia

Post by mejaflora »

Now I feel like adding Madeira to my shop! Are they better than DMC? Ive just added DMC threads and soon Kreinik as well. Im sooo checking Madeira's website rite now :P

I'm still iffy on adding Dinky Dyes, a little pricey and I have no clue how widely used are they.
poppett67
Posts: 162
Joined: Tue May 27, 2008 12:35 am
Location: Dorset, England

Re: maderia

Post by poppett67 »

Thank you threadbare and Jilly, I will certainly have a look online. There is one particular thread I need to finish off a big Betty Boop project I started ages ago.
User avatar
Lisa
Posts: 5436
Joined: Thu Sep 04, 2008 9:16 pm
Location: Cannock, Staffordshire, UK

Re: maderia

Post by Lisa »

the boxes came today :dance:

and i have already filled the one up :oops:

Image

it is holding 42 threads, which is a fair amount :D but I think I will have a look for some wider ones, and keep this box for the varigated :thinks: i like the depth though
User avatar
~threadbear~
Posts: 16596
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2008 12:25 am
Location: Cumbria U.K

Re: maderia

Post by ~threadbear~ »

Looks the perfect size Lisa, depth wise. Hope you can get a wider one.
:choc: There's nothing better than a good friend, except a good friend with CHOCOLATE! :dance:
:choc: Forget love! I'd rather fall in CHOCOLATE! :wub:

Current :wip:
With Faith :dance:
Dogs
Snow Leopard (Haed)
Big Cats

Blog
Post Reply